Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #16
red1
raptors
 
red1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Toronto
Posts: 19,170
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

in before OP gets fired on the first day.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:09 PM   #17
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by red1
in before OP gets fired on the first day.

My chances of getting fired are as good as the Raptors winning the NBA finals. Not gonna happen
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #18
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

I got my first gig on Friday! Just picked up a case of each beer. Gonna do a beer tasting on a craft beer boat cruise party!! It's a hot one in Vancouver this weekend. Free beer on a boat and getting paid.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #19
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
My chances of getting fired are as good as the Raptors winning the NBA finals. Not gonna happen


I forgot about that one
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:47 PM   #20
TheMan
Repping mis Mexicanas!
 
TheMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: amongst wackos
Posts: 12,896
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy

I forgot about that one
Yeah, didn't age well at all.
TheMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 07:33 PM   #21
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMan
Yeah, didn't age well at all.

Lol, could be a premonition. Lose this job on the first day
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:53 PM   #22
Vino24
Consensus, Cemented
 
Vino24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Top 3
Posts: 3,379
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

op about to get fired and OD on a blunt
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 05:56 AM   #23
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated
 
Kblaze8855's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: I love me some me.
Posts: 20,789
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Thats a pretty much dream situation as a side job.
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 10:41 AM   #24
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,313
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
I earn my income as a business broker. I work maybe 20 hrs tops a week and still pull 6 figures. I occasionally work behind the bar or manage the door when my friends in the industry need extra help. I do it for shits and giggles and to hang out if I got nothing else to do.
Now I got a gig that gives me free beer, travel for free AND get paid $20+/hr which takes up little of my spare time? Yeah, I guess you can roll your eyes at me.

So just to be clear, you work 20 hrs a week and pull 6 figures as a bartender/bouncer and "business broker" (whatever that means)... yet in the OP you made a point of mentioning that you are getting a whopping $23/hr with this new "best job in the world"

Maybe you and Kblaze can start a business that buys and sells believable lies to be used on internet message boards...
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:18 PM   #25
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
Thats a pretty much dream situation as a side job.

It's a great side gig. Paid to promote beer and get free product. Got my first gig today.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:27 PM   #26
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
So just to be clear, you work 20 hrs a week and pull 6 figures as a bartender/bouncer and "business broker" (whatever that means)... yet in the OP you made a point of mentioning that you are getting a whopping $23/hr with this new "best job in the world"

Maybe you and Kblaze can start a business that buys and sells believable lies to be used on internet message boards...

Brokering for business doesn't require much time. You can do from home. It's easy. Take one business and introduce to another. They shake hands. You take care of the transactions. It's so simple even a walking banana like you could handle it. I only work the door or behind the bar when friends dial me up. Which is maybe once or twice a month?

I'm about to jump on a boat with other craft brewery reps and give away beer on the sunny oceans of Vancouver. Life is too good. But go ahead and obsess on the life of others. Keep it in you ISH log book of poster history.
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 05:34 PM   #27
Nanners
hugh mungus what?
 
Nanners's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: oregon
Posts: 8,313
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaHeezy
Brokering for business doesn't require much time. You can do from home. It's easy. Take one business and introduce to another. They shake hands. You take care of the transactions. It's so simple even a walking banana like you could handle it. I only work the door or behind the bar when friends dial me up. Which is maybe once or twice a month?

I'm about to jump on a boat with other craft brewery reps and give away beer on the sunny oceans of Vancouver. Life is too good. But go ahead and obsess on the life of others. Keep it in you ISH log book of poster history.



Yes, writing a couple sentences about the contradictions in someones post is "obsessing"

Have fun on the water! No doubt its a beautiful day in the pacific northwest
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2019, 06:32 PM   #28
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
Yes, writing a couple sentences about the contradictions in someones post is "obsessing"

Have fun on the water! No doubt its a beautiful day in the pacific northwest
It's actually kind of cloudy here. Looks like it might rain in couple of hours.

We're doing some guest taps in Oregon. You should hit it up. I'll buy your first beer
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 11:20 AM   #29
GimmeThat
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 6,900
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

It's like marketing is dead because legality isn't scientific.
GimmeThat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:14 PM   #30
DaHeezy
NBA rookie of the year
 
DaHeezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,821
Default Re: I got offered the best job in the world

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimmeThat
It's like marketing is dead because legality isn't scientific.
I have no idea what you meant there
DaHeezy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

NBA free agency

NBA free agents list

Las Vegas NBA Summer League

FIBA World Cup Basketball

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy