Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: X Box One or PS4

Ps4'controller definitely improved

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Looks like most of you are saying PS4. My biggest issue with the ps3 was the controller - How much better is the new one? How does it compare with the 360 one?

Played with the PS4 controller today, and holy shit! My new favorite controller. A bit bigger than the PS3's and improved in so many ways that I don't feel like typing it on my cell phone right now. Really looking forward to getting a PS4 with Killzone and Injustice. That pad is gonna be great for shooters and fighting games, especially fighting games. This generation... :bow

I can't afford one I'm gonna wait a while, see if prices drop significantly or a slim kinda version comes out, like last time.

I can't say which system is better, but I was at the mall and played Killer Instinct on XBOX One and that controller shits on my PS4 controller so bad. The new xbox controller might be the best controller i've ever used.

I feel like a complete idiot for canceling my ps4 preorder. Now I can't find it anywhere

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

I'm not getting an XBOX1, but for my fellow ISHers hoping to score one at midnight release.....Bestbuy might be your best bet. My local Bestbuy got about 120 PS4s....I was #43 in line. Even people showing up at midnight got one. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ihoopallday
    I feel like a complete idiot for canceling my ps4 preorder. Now I can't find it anywhere
    I felt exactly the same. I cancelled mine as I convinced myself I'd be fine waiting for 8-9 months, but about a week later I was regretting it. Thankfully I made another order online and it's been guaranteed for launch (29th for the UK, which sucks ).

Love Live Life

So who has the Xbox 1? I need some feedback

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

The way I'm deciding is by looking at what's important to me and what I want. All of the Kinect features, the TV streaming and sports aren't really anything I need at this point. I get all the sports I need with Time Warner Cable. I just want to be able to play games and do it comfortably. The PS4 is that and in my opinion will have better exclusives as time goes on. Most of the PS4's features are centered on GAMING, as opposed to the Xbox One which is heavily orientated around a total entertainment package. Naughty Dog alone, and Ubisoft favoring Sony are enough to pull me onto their side. And saving a $100 doesn't hurt.

PS4 is more powerful and $100 cheaper and will probably have better exclusives (already has a great one in Killzone Shadow Fall). Was an easy choice for me.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    PS4 is more powerful and $100 cheaper and will probably have better exclusives (already has a great one in Killzone Shadow Fall). Was an easy choice for me.
    Exactly. If you're only looking for a gaming console, PS4 is the easy choice.

For those waitig for a drop in price from either console

Game console price cuts by the numbers

"The two new consoles will likely not have official price drops until spring 2015, at the earliest," Matt Matthews, a game industry analyst who writes for Gamasutra, forecast in an interview with CNET.

That falls in line with history. The Xbox 360, launched in November 2005 to warm reception, didn't see a price drop until August of 2007, and even then it was only $50 on its middle-tier model and $20 on its low- and high-end models. The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, launched at $249 in November of 2006 and didn't cut its price for nearly three years due to the strength of its sales; the Wii ended up outselling its competitors by tens of millions of units and broke December sales records after its 2009 price cut.

Quote Originally Posted by Brujesino
    For those waitig for a drop in price from either console

Game console price cuts by the numbers

//"The two new consoles will likely not have official price drops until spring 2015, at the earliest," Matt Matthews, a game industry analyst who writes for Gamasutra, forecast in an interview with CNET.

That falls in line with history. The Xbox 360, launched in November 2005 to warm reception, didn't see a price drop until August of 2007, and even then it was only $50 on its middle-tier model and $20 on its low- and high-end models. The Nintendo Wii, on the other hand, launched at $249 in November of 2006 and didn't cut its price for nearly three years due to the strength of its sales; the Wii ended up outselling its competitors by tens of millions of units and broke December sales records after its 2009 price cut.//

The information here is deliberately misleading. The PS3 price dropped $100 within a year for an upgraded system with more storage space.

The Xbox 360 didn't drop in price within a year, but the biggest reason for that is the strategic launch of the system which gave it a "monopoly" on modern home consoles for over a year. As soon as PS3's started becoming readily available Microsoft dropped their price.

Right now with MS and Sony competing for the same consumer more directly than ever before, expect price drops and/or improved products soon. 1TB or 2TB consoles are coming within a year at the same price, I'm calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    So who has the Xbox 1? I need some feedback
    Finally found one in stores. Will give you my impressions as soon as possible.

Last edited by ihoopallday; 11-29-2013 at 06:49 PM.