Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The ISH'ers Champion!

Default Your friendly neighbor Amazon hasn't paid a dime in taxes two years straight!

Just to let you all know as you do your taxes and count your pennies.

Default Re: Your friendly neighbor Amazon hasn't paid a dime in taxes two years straight!

something something sochulizm something something npc.

Default Re: Your friendly neighbor Amazon hasn't paid a dime in taxes two years straight!

They employ 600,000+ people though. Those people sure pay taxes.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

bezos has trump firmly by the balls.

The real welfare queen.

That and we need to elect people who will enforce antitrust laws.

Quote Originally Posted by iamgine

It's pathetic but this is how the world works unfortunately. Imagine if people like him paid 40% taxes, we would likely not need to pay as much and be in a better financial state.
    Quote Originally Posted by iamgine
    I can't tell if this is a joke or you're this dumb.

He's about to pay up $66 billion

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

It's pathetic but this is how the world works unfortunately. Imagine if people like him paid 40% taxes, we would likely not need to pay as much and be in a better financial state.
    You dont pay taxes on your net worth. Or did you think Jeff Bezos has 120 billion in taxable income?

I believe I read that he pulls out a billion or so a year to finance some side projects and he would have to pay taxes that way but hes not directly taxed on what his company is worth.

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    40% of what? Like 99% of his wealth is Amazon shares. There’s nothing to tax.

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

I’m torn on this...

Part of me is like “**** those crooked bastards” but part of me is like God bless them... get as much money as you can get because the government is just going to waste and mismanage whatever you give them.

Corporations absolutely should not be allowed to dodge taxes to this degree while the middle class is getting ****ed in the ass.

BUT...

The flip size of that coin is that citizens shouldn’t be paying an income tax, either.

The IRS needs to go away. It’s a ****ing scam that breeds corruption on multiple levels of society.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

amazon is owned by a republican .

rich get richer , and sorry as$'s like us loss it.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

[QUOTE=NumberSix]40% of what? Like 99% of his wealth is Amazon shares. There