Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Raps Get DeMar DeRozan @ #9

Posting to say i'm iffy with the pick. Its like a dice with this guy.. he's all risk. He could be great next couple of years he could be a big bust. This year.. don't expect big things from him but hopefully great things in the future.

Here's DeMar in a Raps jersey, someone in the NBA forum did it.

Looks good! (no homo)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Im very excited to see DeRozan come to Toronto. He has lots of potential and if that pans out he will be a big help for our(eventual) title chase.

I think his game just has a few spots that need some work, and if he gets coached well enough, he will be a future NBA all star!

Looks ugly on my avy but w/e i like it haha.

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Looks ugly on my avy but w/e i like it haha.
    I'm following suit. This is more meaningful than the shimmy avatar.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Even though Im more of a Suns fan, I like DeRozan more, I shall join the trend.

Quote Originally Posted by danumber88
    Posting to say i'm iffy with the pick. Its like a dice with this guy.. he's all risk. He could be great next couple of years he could be a big bust. This year.. don't expect big things from him but hopefully great things in the future.
    Name a guy outside of Griffin that didn't have serious warts in this draft....

GM's will get killed based on the guys that they drafted this year because there will be some guys who emerge out of nowhere to become very good players, and some who look good that go nowhere... when in all reality every player outside of Griffin had serious question marks and no one has any idea who will do what. It's just one of those years, and as a Raps fan I hope DeRozan is one of those that pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
    You know, there is something to be said about DeMar. He's only 19 and I am not sure if he would have entered the draft if it weren't for the fact that he desperately needed money to take care of his mom. He hasn't reached his full potential even at college level. If he stayed another year at college to improve his game and his stats, he might have been picked top 5 in the 2010 Draft. This is all speculations, but I am just saying, Raptors might have gotten him as a bargain.

Superstar - 20%
    Star - 25%
    Decent Player - 55%

For sure he will be a decent player. Whether a superstar or a star, it depends on his ability to stay healthy, adapt to the NBA level, and excel.
    Let's face it.. the NBA has been a developmental league for a long time... back to when they started taking high school kids int he draft. Taking projects is nothing new, I just sincerely hope people don't kill the kid or Colangelo if he doesn't pan out for a year or two (which they will, because fans in general are shortsighted).

Quote Originally Posted by RaininThrees
    Name a guy outside of Griffin that didn't have serious warts in this draft....

GM's will get killed based on the guys that they drafted this year because there will be some guys who emerge out of nowhere to become very good players, and some who look good that go nowhere... when in all reality every player outside of Griffin had serious question marks and no one has any idea who will do what. It's just one of those years, and as a Raps fan I hope DeRozan is one of those that pan out.
    Griffin and Harden are pretty much on the same level in terms of not disappointing you this season. To me Griffin and Harden are on the same level and they are going to race for ROY.

Also I do hope that Derozan can turn to a star caliber player, which most people are labeling him as.

I wish we could have had our 2nd rounder this year. So many good players fell past where we would have picked.

- Jerebko (Detroit drafted him with our pick.)
    - Meeks
    - Budinger
    - Green
    - Price
    - Mills
    - Christmas

I would have been ecstatic to have drafted any one of those players to develop our bench. Instead we have to settle for Delfino..

Quote Originally Posted by Toni
    I wish we could have had our 2nd rounder this year. So many good players fell past where we would have picked.

- Jerebko (Detroit drafted him with our pick.)
    - Meeks
    - Budinger
    - Green
    - Price
    - Mills
    - Christmas

I would have been ecstatic to have drafted any one of those players to develop our bench. Instead we have to settle for Delfino..
    They could play quite a bit but not as much as Delfino. If Delfino knows his role(play defense, slash to the rim, and shoot open shots) he could be a solid player for us. Hopefully he comes back from Russia with some smarts that he can't shoot.

I wished he had a second round pick but I doubt they contribute as much as Delfino.

Quote Originally Posted by kmart
    They could play quite a bit but not as much as Delfino. If Delfino knows his role(play defense, slash to the rim, and shoot open shots) he could be a solid player for us. Hopefully he comes back from Russia with some smarts that he can't shoot.

I wished he had a second round pick but I doubt they contribute as much as Delfino.
    Sorry I didn't phrase that properly. I didn't mean to imply that the second round pick would contribute more than Delfino. I just meant that I would rather have two 2nd round picks instead of Delfino. We could pick more players mentioned above that are younger and have more potential. But Delfino obviously would contribute much more now but he will not be in the long term plans of the organization.

Bump.

Our pick has blossomed to a legitimate super star in the making in our eyes.

Also, it's been a while. Whoever's still active out there from the old days, wassup.