Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2016 2nd Round Series: Toronto (2) vs Miami (3)

Default Re: 2016 2nd Round Series: Toronto (2) vs Miami (3)

Here's to hopin Kyle can break his shooting slump. Or try to take the corner free throw jumpers that he seemed that he could but always hesitated. NO MORE HESITATION. This is going to be a tough series with Dragic playing at a high level, Wade getting back to 2006 form, Whiteside being the defensive beast down the middle and Deng being Deng. But the X-Factor is Joe Johnson. Indiana was a hard series but this one will be just as difficult.
    Last edited by T-Low; 05-02-2016 at 11:16 AM.

Decent college freshman Dr.Funk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    Here's to hopin Kyle can break his shooting slump. Or try to take the corner free throw jumpers that he seemed that he could but always hesitated. NO MORE HESITATION. This is going to be a tough series with Dragic playing at a high level, Wade getting back to 2006 form, Whiteside being the defensive beast down the middle and Deng being Deng. But the X-Factor is Joe Johnson. Indiana was a hard series but this one will be just as difficult.

I don't think Kyle's elbow is in any condition to allow him to break out of his shooting slump.

Yea, don't think lowry can recover his shooting touch. Looking at this Heat squad, they have wade, deng, dragic and raptor killer good ol' joe. Norm and carroll are going to be playing hard minutes in this one. I'm excited to see if val can keep dominating whiteside like he does in the regular season.

I think I'd put norm on joe and carroll on wade.

Local High School Star

Contrarian point of view:

Whiteside vs Val - I agree this is a match up that needs to be watched. I hope Val will play dominant minutes but I am not "confident" it is as one-sided as the regular season was... I am not confident it was one sided to begin with. Whiteside seems to have found game in the Heat system. They run and gun off his rebounds and push the floor. I very honestly believe this will be more important than most casual fans / commentators will think (at least initially)

Lowry vs Dragic. - I actually think this match up will favor Lowry. I think Kyle will have his mojo up afterthey gave Lowry's job to Dragic in Houston all those years ago. Further I dont think Dragic can play the type of blanket D Kyle that caused Lyle to struggle vs Indiana (Hill). I look to see Kyle rebound from sub-par performance to "near normal levels".

His elbow didnt hurt him so much he didnt take his shots - he just took them "always contested" and didnt make as many as he should.

I'm at that point where it is hard to watch these games with the way these refs are dictating the series. Look at the San Antonio-OKC game. Horrible. The Pacers-Raps series. Horrible. The raps could have played better, yes. But the refs aren't making it any better.

Quote Originally Posted by T-Low
    ..... could have played better, yes. But the refs aren't making it any better.

yeah, agree.

way too many missed 3s, though.

that did 'em in as much as anything else, imo

Erik Spoelstra said Wednesday was about maintaining perspective & maintaining health for his team in advance of Thursday's Game 2.

Spoelstra took measure of the series & his team following Wednesday's practice.

Miami exited Tuesday's victory with guard Dwyane Wade dealing with a bruised left knee & center Hassan Whiteside with a strained right knee, with both taking treatment Wednesday & listed as probable for Thursday.

"It's therapy, icing, getting a certain kind of medicine in it. And I'll be fine," Wade said.

"It didn't swell up, because it's the inside. So it's just the bone over there. But it's not as bad as I thought it was with the pain I felt when it 1st happened."

Whiteside was injured early in Tuesday's victory.

"They did some compression so it wouldn't swell up on me. It's sore, but I'm going to be OK, though," he said.

"It was hurting me & I played through it. I still managed to get all the rebounds I could."

The NBA ruled there were 6 incorrect rulings in the final 2 minutes of the 4th quarter as well as the 5 minutes of OT, with 5 that should have gone against Toronto, including a foul on what turned into one of Miami's errant inbound passes.
    [COLOR="White"]........[/COLOR]

Big game tonight, gents and ladies.

I think this still could go the distance for either team, but a loss here and their boned.

BIG win (obviously). Series tied 1-1

29 points in the 2nd half by Lowry

JV done for the rest of the series.

2 for 2 in game 3's these playoffs and they have been big time wins.

Now got to get this game 4 and rap it up in 5. I say this because this team can really use some rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BurningHammer
    Derozan does have a legitimate reason for his poor shooting last night with the injured thumb that he has played through it, but still....

The injury though may affect the next games greatly.
    That thumb wasn't injured in the Indy series or in game 1 of this series.

Game #5: 99-91 (TOR 3-2)
    Last edited by BRabbiT; 05-12-2016 at 07:46 AM.