Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Raptors are absolutely destroying every single team they're playing

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    raps have been terribly underwhelming in every playoff series theyve ever played... who are you kidding? It'd be one thing if they played well and lost... that happens all the time. But they dont. Theyre straight ass everytime. I hope it changes for derozans sake.
    you see I actually watched every game of these series that you refer to. and you're 100% right in a sense. the stats certainly look like lowry or derozan choked. but that's just not true. the reality is that offenses and defenses change during the playoffs. shorter rotations and greater emphasis on D. so by those metrics certain teams are harder or easier to guard based on predictability.

underwhelming was never accurate. we literally had the most predictable guard based offense possibly imaginable.

These guys are Houston East.

Regular season heroes, gonna crumble to shit when it actually matters.

Not sure who's a bigger playoff choker, Harden or Lowry.

Quote Originally Posted by Kawhi m8
    These guys are Houston East.

Regular season heroes, gonna crumble to shit when it actually matters.

Not sure who's a bigger playoff choker, Harden or Lowry.
    hmm, seems as though you just described Spurs to a T

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Russell
    strong username to post content correlation

Quote Originally Posted by Lambruh
    hmm, seems as though you just described Spurs to a T
    Except we have recent championships....only 2 teams have won them since us.

Plus we usually get to second or third round, on average.

Our only ones weren't won over 20 years ago.

Anyway, not even sure what im doing responding to a f@ggot like you hahaha

Raps have played tight in the last few playoffs , but two years ago they did take Cleveland to 6 games in the Eastern Conference finals, the way some of you slam them it’s like they’ve gotten swept in the first round every year.

Not arguing that it’s not the case that they haven’t been the same as their regular season iterations, but their ‘trashness’ is also overstated in silly ways by some (two games from the finals is not ‘achieving absolutely nothing’)

The ISH'ers Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Russell

The Raptors have the third most playoff wins in the last 3 years (I think?) besides the Cavaliers and Warriors.

They were two wins away from getting to the finals a couple years ago. They just haven't gotten to the finals (which no other non-Lebron team has done in the east).

Everything people are saying about the Raptors could be applied to every non-Warriors or Cavaliers team.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Young X
    The Raptors have the third most playoff wins in the last 3 years (I think?) besides the Cavaliers and Warriors.

They were two wins away from getting to the finals a couple years ago. They just haven't gotten to the finals (which no other non-Lebron team has done in the east).

Everything people are saying about the Raptors could be applied to every non-Warriors or Cavaliers team.
    I think it goes beyond just playoff wins...although even there I'm not sure that is the right way to look at it as they lost in the first round twice and got laughed off the court last year...in the last 4 years.

It is more about them just not looking the part...although they looked legit in 16 in my opinion...which is why I thought they would be formidable last year.

That is why the comparison to the 12 Thunder doesn't work for me...the Thunder had two superstars on the team. I believe Durant was first team all nba and Russ was 2nd...guys just on a different tier than what the Raptors have had...although Demar has really improved.

I'll likely be wrong again, but I really think they have a great shot at coming out of the East...but given the history...I won't be shocked if they get don't make the conference finals or look silly at some point.

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

Every season they do this

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I think it goes beyond just playoff wins...although even there I'm not sure that is the right way to look at it as they lost in the first round twice and got laughed off the court last year...in the last 4 years.

It is more about them just not looking the part...although they looked legit in 16 in my opinion...which is why I thought they would be formidable last year.

That is why the comparison to the 12 Thunder doesn't work for me...the Thunder had two superstars on the team. I believe Durant was first team all nba and Russ was 2nd...guys just on a different tier than what the Raptors have had...although Demar has really improved.

I'll likely be wrong again, but I really think they have a great shot at coming out of the East...but given the history...I won't be shocked if they get don't make the conference finals or look silly at some point.
    My point is you could say the same about them as you can for every other team in the league besides the two teams that have made the finals the past three years. Every team has to prove the same thing they do. They have done as much as anybody else, let's stop acting like they are frauds.

NBA All-star

the Okalahoma City Thunders of the East

I once said we live in a generation of Lamar Odom type SG, if Derozan can play man to man pressure defense without exhausting himself on the offensive end by sacrificing bits of rebounding

I think we may conclude the Raptors have been better than the Pacers for the past 4 years. The Wizards just hadn't figured out the Pistons, who inherits parts of the Jordan rule era on guarding opposing back court.

Yet, the Wizards can make a run the way the 2003 New Jersey Nets made it to the finals

Pacers and the Hornets getting those top picks by the time the Cavs break up tho

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

This thread tells you all that you need to know about OP.

Dude only analyzes the W-L column and stats.

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    This thread tells you all that you need to know about OP.

Dude only analyzes the W-L column and stats.
    you these playoffs:

Quote Originally Posted by 34-24 Footwork
    No easy layup/fastbreak dunks for Bronny

=

minimum FG attempts to protect his efficiency

It's quite simple.

Meanwhile me:

"LeBron is GOAT"

One proven right the other not ;)