Originally Posted by knickballer
Yes, Jeremy Lin is more Chinese than you sheeptard. His parents are from Taiwan.
You can be fluent in Chinese, live the rest of your life in China, marry a Chinese girl but you'll never be Chinese(ethnically at least)
Ethnicity or ethnic group is a socially defined category based on common culture or nationality.
His parents are from taiwan....not him....He is American Nationality wise......so am I......but,
Common Culture?....I speak Mandarin Chinese......hell I even speak some Cantonese.I have lived in Mainland China and I have Lived in Taiwan for over 2 years.While I lived in Taiwan I traveled all over the Island....
- I chewed Beetlenut and shoveled the same dirt with the Lower Class.....I had my own yamaha scooter and Drove through Taiwan's Traffic for over a year....I played sports in the Famous Kaohsiung City...
- I used to talk about War and Politics with this old Taiwanese man who Battled the Chinese....and was ready to battle them again if they kept trying to Invade his tiny little Island.
- My Chinese name is Se Lang....( Sir Long)...the Colored Wolf ( any of my Chinese Brothers want to define that go ahead).....I have battled with my Taiwanese Brothers against the Chinese Gangs....( the ones with f'ed up Kripted Hair)
- I was able to have some of the most Beautiful Woman the island has ever seen....( and some of the not so Beautiful).....I danced in the smog/Pollution...I also had to get a mask at 7 eleven.
- I saw some of the toughest/passionate people I ever seen.....I saw all my pre concieved Ideas get thrown outta the window.
- I seen My Driver pull over and beat the **** outta another Taxi Driver for smashing his side mirror ( Taiwans taxi drivers don't exchange Insurance...only fists)
- I walked through Snake alley and drank Blood and The Venom.....I ate raw Octopus...I learned how to BBQ taiwanese style...I drank Milk tea every damn day....
- I saw the heart of Taiwan and Lived it.....I am far more Taiwanese then soemone who was born and raised in America , maybe visited Taiwan once or twice....doesn't speak Fluent mandarin, aint never put 5 people on a Scooter and went down the Highway...aint never been to Snake Alley , aint never taught Grip loads of Taiwanese girls how to do the ***** steamer , wasn't there when China was getting ready to invade....aint never chewed beetlenut....and wasn't given a Chinese name by real dudes who would be ready to Ride till the wheels fall off.
may not look Like Jeremy Lin....but I am more Taiwanese then him.....