Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Free Agency

The 76ers have been contacting a variety of free agent guards to help fill out the roster for the coming season. That list, according to a source familiar with the situation, includes Juan Dixon, who has played before for new Sixers coach Eddie Jordan with the Washington Wizards.

In no particular order, the Sixers have also reached out to Bobby Jackson, Jason Hart, Carlos Arroyo, Tyronn Lue and Brevin Knight.
    Somebody tell me why this list DOES NOT include Allen Iverson?

Looking for a Combo Guard to work with Lou and Jrue? Check out the best parts of Lou's game - it's when he plays like AI.

An up-tempo point guard? I like Andre Miller's game, but he is not an uptempo PG. Give me AI in the open floor any time.

Plus - he will bring some excitement back and puts some fans in the seats (and added bonus for old Eddie Snider).

There is not a guard on this list (and I will include Willie Green) that I would rather see than Allen. If they give us Tyronn Lue my head will explode. Brevin Knight? To quote Tom Mcinnis - Are You Kidding Me?

Come on Eddie - make the right move - bring #3 back!!!!

Somebody tell me why this list DOES NOT include Allen Iverson?
    Because by signing Iverson we would be at the luxury tax limit, and would go over when we have to sign minimum guys to have as fillers. It's not worth it.

An up-tempo point guard? I like Andre Miller's game, but he is not an uptempo PG. Give me AI in the open floor any time.
    Just because he's not lightening quick doesn't mean he's not an uptempo guard. Miller has been one of the best fast break point guards in the league even when he was with Denver. Andre's been 3rd to only Steve Nash and a NJ Jason Kidd as far as fast break PG's in the last 5 years. Why do you think we're at the top in fast break points every year? Why was Andre Miller leading everyone in the league in fast break points per game for a single player last season? Because he's an uptempo guard.

Plus - he will bring some excitement back and puts some fans in the seats (and added bonus for old Eddie Snider).
    He won't really. Everybody that was used to the 30 ppg MVP Iverson is not going to come back to watch the 15 ppg Iverson. Iverson was like my idol when he was here, and I'm not interested in him coming back.

Come on Eddie - make the right move - bring #3 back!!!!
    It's not happening. Money, age of the team, his ending relationship with Ed Snider, etc. will keep it from happening.

At what cost? At what role? 2 big questions.

Saw a basketball once

Carlos Arroyo!

2) According to a source familiar with the Sixers situation, the Sixers struck out on a one-year offer of $2.3 million to Golden State Warriors free agent guard C.J. Watson. Undrafted out of Tennessee, Watson appeared in 32 games with the Warriors in 2007-08 and averaged 9.5 points and 2.7 assists in 77 games (18 starts) last season. He seems bound for the Orlando Magic.
    source

Interesting. SF76 (rip) was mentioning him. Wonder if there's any real chance we can get him, and if his game complements Lou's.

3) Temple's Dionte Christmas, who went undrafted in June, joined the Los Angeles Clippers entry in the Las Vegas Summer League after playing for the combined Sixers-New Jersey Nets team in the Orlando Summer Pro League. He appeared in 5 games with the Clippers, making 2 starts, but shot just 4-for-15 from the floor (1-for-5 from three-point distance) and averaged only 2.6 points.
    (same source as above)

Not looking good for Xmas

And just as a bonus:

The Sixers also attended a workout in Las Vegas for ex-Jazz guard Troy Hudson, who is trying to make an NBA comeback at age 33 after hip and ankle injuries forced him out of the league in 2008.
    Troy "Black Hole" Hudson? Gotta be kidding me

More on CJ Watson...

[QUOTE]The source confirmed that Watson had earlier rejected a 1-year, $2.3 million offer from the Sixers. If Watson were not to sign with the Magic, it is possible that the Sixers could make a fresh offer. Derrick Powell, one of Watson

I rule the local playground

Watson would be a nice addition. Hudson, that's funny, forgot all about him. Talk about a quick trigger.

Troy Hudson is a waste of money. I'm not expecting the Sixers to spend. They made it clear and after getting Jrue Holiday at 17 which to many was a steal/good value? Even more incentive to save cash. Remember not only with the luxary tax lowered, the Sixers spent a ton of money last offseason. Brand, Iggy, Lou Williams? Huge bucks were dished out. Over 5 years there is about $185mil guranteed (Brand got what $80mil, Iggy $80mil+ and Lou $25mil).

I saw the list of big men we've targeted. I refuse to post it though, might puke.

Damn me and you must check out the same site at the same time. hahaha

A source familiar with the Sixers' situation suggests a grouping the team could be considering internally includes Brezec, Mihm, Aaron Gray, Ryan Hollins, Jared Reiner, Jake Voshkuhl, Adonal Foyle and Earl Barron
    Is Ryan Hollins the athletic kid from the Mavs? If so I'll take him.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Damn me and you must check out the same site at the same time. hahaha

Is Ryan Hollins the athletic kid from the Mavs? If so I'll take him.
    I stay on philly.com all day. And yeah that's him. The pogostick with no basketball IQ. Less talented Dalembert. Doubt he'll be catching all those oops and getting easy dunks with Lou throwing him the passes instead of J-Kidd.

hahaha cancel that idea then.

I like your suggestion of Brian Skinner. Guess he doesnt fit the end of bench, spot duty type big man Sixers are lookin for.

Pacers just waived Tinsley... sixers should atleast check him out

NBA rookie of the year Styles p's Avatar

i would pick aaron gray out of thos bigs.

Quote Originally Posted by Styles p
    i would pick aaron gray out of thos bigs.
    really? Id prefer Brezec or Nihm