Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Smush Parker responds to Kobe Bryant

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    lol at Kobe arguing with that dipshit reporter.

Kobe: And you know more about basketball than I do?
    Reporter: I can argue that. You may know how to play better.
    Kobe

Banned

He is very much as garbage as Kobe says he is. It's one thing to suck but it's another not to care and let yourself get into that shape.

He's a supposed a professional athlete?

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

only two people who know what the deal is, are Kobe and Smush, and they probably both see it differently as well.

Kobe obviously has a thing against him. Has to be something personal. He's played with plenty of bad players who he doesn't bring up. We'll never know.

Quote Originally Posted by Mach_3
    Damn Kobe hates Smush, i wonder what happened between the two. Smush probably sonned him in practice or something for Kobe to keep bringing him up like that
    smush started bad mouthing kobe to the media a while ago, so you can put your retarded assumptions to rest.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    He is very much as garbage as Kobe says he is. It's one thing to suck but it's another not to care and let yourself get into that shape.

wow.

The Magical T-Mac HardwoodLegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree

He looks like a WNBA player now, bitchtits and all

But, in fairness, he went from a pro athlete to a depressed semi-pro. That explains the weight gain.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by hipballinjigga
    Former LA Lakers point guard Smush Parker is calling out Kobe Bryant for being a diva who treated his teammates like crap -- and it comes just hours after Kobe blamed Parker for costing him a huge trophy 7 years ago.

Parker played with Kobe during the 2005-06 season, and tells TMZ the Lakers great is only lashing out because he once dared to say Kobe was "overrated" as a teammate.

Parker's never explained what he meant by that, but now tells us ... Kobe "told me out his own mouth that I couldn't talk to him. That my accolades under my belt weren't deserving enough for me to talk to him." He also says Kobe didn't talk to most of his teammates.

Parker says he's opening up about Kobe's diss because Kobe told reporters earlier today ... he lost the '05-'06 NBA MVP trophy to Steve Nash because he was surrounded with no-talent players that season.

Kobe said, "I tell Steve, you won MVP, but I was playing with Smush Parker."

Kobe piled on more, saying ... "He shouldn't have been in the NBA but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. So we let him walk on."

Parker, who's currently hooping overseas, says his stats prove he was far from "the worst" ... as Kobe claims ... and adds, "People lie, numbers don't."

Read more: http://www.tmz.com#ixzz292JiguJ3

Link: http://www.tmz.com/2012/10/11/kobe-b...-smush-parker/
    A team should hire Smush Parker and have him beat the crap out of Kobe when they play the Lakers. It would be a good thing.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

So...enough about S Parker...what about Kwame Brown and C. Mihm?

Banned

You guys have to remember that Smush was a nobody and basically was given a chance by basketball royalty.

He got the chance to play with a legend of this game, Kobe, and he got to play for Riley.

If those two have nothing good to say about him, it just shows you who he truly is as a professional ball player.

Good High School Starter Mach_3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz
    smush started bad mouthing kobe to the media a while ago, so you can put your retarded assumptions to rest.

Aww someone is visibly upset. isn't that cute

why did smush bad mouth him in the first place?

I think it's also nature for superstar to feel the need to talk back more trash about another players who is inferior to him...

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc... Kobe's always been an ass, but I don't really blame him for this when Parker started it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    I think it's also nature for superstar to feel the need to talk back more trash about another players who is inferior to him...

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc... Kobe's always been an ass, but I don't really blame him for this when Parker started it.
    Even if you feel that way, lying isn't acceptable. Smush is not the worst player he's ever played with. Kobe's the same dude that played with Slava Mevendenko and Samaki Walker

C'mon son. He shouldn't have even responded.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7

This isn't just basketball, but other sports too. I've seen it in soccer, cricket, basketball, hockey, football (god damn, it's crazy how much trash they talk) etc
    Well yea, it's pro sports. Alphas of the alphas, all going at it. For money no less. The teeth will come out. Verbal blows will be thrown. I wouldn't want it any other way, though. That's what makes it entertainment.

I don't know what came first in this, the chicken or the egg. I do know Smush was a capable NBA player in 2006, worse in 2007, and gone from the league by 2008 or 2009.

He was a solid defender, who could hit the open 3 ball. But I also know he made a lot of bone head plays, had a visible bad attitude with the Jay Cutler-esque faces he'd make on the sidelines or with teammates on the court.

Smush started all this back in 2008 or 2009 taking shots at Kobe through a Rucker interview. Was what he said true? Yes, I'm sure Kobe's quite an egotistical dick when it comes to basketball. Specifically with those 2006 and 2007 Laker teams, where the only truly competent teammates were Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, of all people.

Kobe, since that interview has gone extra hard on Smush. Sometimes for no reason at all, he will willingly bring him into the conversation in order to throw him under the bus.

Now, with players like Kobe / MJ ... I don't mind if you do this stuff behind closed doors, but to take it to the media is asinine. Kobe only makes himself look bad. At 33 / 34 years he old, he should be way more mature than this by this point in his life and career.

That man Smush couldn't hack it in the league, he probably feels terrible about it. And he's now rotting in Euroleague somewhere, as a lard ass combo guard.

No need to rub it in Mamba, you're a legend in the business. An all-time great, we don't need you stomping an NBA nobody when he's down. Even if he tried to engage you with verbal back talk.

And seriously, it isn't Smush fault you didn't win MVPs in 2006 and 2007. What's with the insecurity lately from Kobe? It's reaching Shaq like levels. He's still visibly bitter he only has one MVP trophy. Even engaging now teammate Steve Nash to get into verbal combat over it.

Chillbe

As for Smush, he needs to shut his mouth too. He should just say he wasn't the ideal teammate as it pertains to personality / chemistry issues, but then say it was great to rub elbows with greatness in his career, call it a day and move on from the subject.

As for the statement about Kobe not willing to talk to him? It depends on the context. If he literally means as a teammate, and man to man as human beings he wouldn't engage him given his lack of a quality NBA resume? That's down right cruel.

But I tend to believe it was actually Kobe not willing to take on court basketball advice from Smush, given his overall worth / experience in comparison to Kobe as a player. That sounds more believable.

Either way, it's entertaining. Albeit embarrassing for both parties involved.

Smush Parker is like Meg from family guy.

Shut up meg...

Quote Originally Posted by RaininTwos
    Even if you feel that way, lying isn't acceptable. Smush is not the worst player he's ever played with. Kobe's the same dude that played with Slava Mevendenko and Samaki Walker

C'mon son. He shouldn't have even responded.
    It's Kobe.

What's the first thing popped out from his mouth when he won a 5th ring ? "I got 1 more than Shaq".

If he's going to keep grudge about a player like Shaq, he's going to keep a grudge about a bum like Parker.

As for the worst player thing, I don't think at times players keep things in context... doubt Kobe would when he's pissed at someone. He forgot about dudes like Kwame Brown, Laron Profit, Brian Cook etc.. I'm sure not on purpose (or he just forget they exist).

Quote Originally Posted by The Mamba
    Well yea, it's pro sports. Alphas of the alphas, all going at it. For money no less. The teeth will come out. Verbal blows will be thrown. I wouldn't want it any other way, though. That's what makes it entertainment.

I don't know what came first in this, the chicken or the egg. I do know Smush was a capable NBA player in 2006, worse in 2007, and gone from the league by 2008 or 2009.

He was a solid defender, who could hit the open 3 ball. But I also know he made a lot of bone head plays, had a visible bad attitude with the Jay Cutler-esque faces he'd make on the sidelines or with teammates on the court.

Smush started all this back in 2008 or 2009 taking shots at Kobe through a Rucker interview. Was what he said true? Yes, I'm sure Kobe's quite an egotistical dick when it comes to basketball. Specifically with those 2006 and 2007 Laker teams, where the only truly competent teammates were Lamar Odom and Luke Walton, of all people.

Kobe, since that interview has gone extra hard on Smush. Sometimes for no reason at all, he will willingly bring him into the conversation in order to throw him under the bus.

Now, with players like Kobe / MJ ... I don't mind if you do this stuff behind closed doors, but to take it to the media is asinine. Kobe only makes himself look bad. At 33 / 34 years he old, he should be way more mature than this by this point in his life and career.

That man Smush couldn't hack it in the league, he probably feels terrible about it. And he's now rotting in Euroleague somewhere, as a lard ass combo guard.

No need to rub it in Mamba, you're a legend in the business. An all-time great, we don't need you stomping an NBA nobody when he's down. Even if he tried to engage you with verbal back talk.

And seriously, it isn't Smush fault you didn't win MVPs in 2006 and 2007. What's with the insecurity lately from Kobe? It's reaching Shaq like levels. He's still visibly bitter he only has one MVP trophy. Even engaging now teammate Steve Nash to get into verbal combat over it.

Chillbe

As for Smush, he needs to shut his mouth too. He should just say he wasn't the ideal teammate as it pertains to personality / chemistry issues, but then say it was great to rub elbows with greatness in his career, call it a day and move on from the subject.

As for the statement about Kobe not willing to talk to him? It depends on the context. If he literally means as a teammate, and man to man as human beings he wouldn't engage him given his lack of a quality NBA resume? That's down right cruel.

But I tend to believe it was actually Kobe not willing to take on court basketball advice from Smush, given his overall worth / experience in comparison to Kobe as a player. That sounds more believable.

Either way, it's entertaining. Albeit embarrassing for both parties involved.
    I agree with most of what you said, but that's the thing... I don't think Kobe does care about being PC. The man is human and not you, me, or someone on here is him. We don't know how he feels about these things no matter how professional he's been in the past.

I'm not even surprised one bit about these things. Sooner or later, things just come out in the open... My view point is "what took so long ?".
    Last edited by Legends66NBA7; 10-11-2012 at 10:03 PM.