Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: George Zimmerman arrested

Quote Originally Posted by Knoe Itawl
    The sad part about this is that his defenders will NEVER have some introspection and say "Gee, maybe I was just wrong about this" because it was never about GZ to them. It was about their hatred for black males, that they deem to be "thugs" (and for many of them, just black males in general). It was about the fact that GZ got away with killing a no good n.... They can deny, and get into nonsense about how Trayvon attacked him blah blah blah but that is all window dressing.

It doesn't matter what GZ does from this point forward. They will always pretend that that behavior is completely divorced from the Trayvon situation, and not further proof of the poisoned soul that lies within him that murdered a young man for no reason.

That may be true for some people. However the bar for finding someone guilty of murder is high and the prosecution did a piss poor job trying to clear it.

I think most people look at GZ as a douche but wouldn't vote to convict based on the case the prosecution presented and, of course, the law.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    That may be true for some people. However the bar for finding someone guilty of murder is high and the prosecution did a piss poor job trying to clear it.

I think most people look at GZ as a douche but wouldn't vote to convict based on the case the prosecution presented and, of course, the law.
    This...

there was only a couple true idiots that supported GZ on ISH, a majority of folks that said he would get off were not supporting Zimmerman but were saying they overcharged the case and that he'd get off because of the law and how it's interpreted in legal proceedings.

It was much more personal for the anti Zimmer crowd and I can understand why but it doesn't mean the court can do an end-around on the law just because you want him to be guilty

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

yup. legally speaking i think the verdict was "just" according to Florida's state laws, but i think their self defense laws are stupid. Morally speaking you can't deny he's 150% culpable for the death of that kid.

I hope a Judge gives him the max sentence for whatever he pleads to. GZ better pray he doesn't have to do any time for obvious reasons.

Oh, I agree that the prosecution did a terrible job and I could spend some time pontificating on reasons I think they did. I also didn't expect him to be convicted even before the trial began due to the circumstances.

However, I'm not so much referring to the trial itself, so much as the tireless GZ supporters who were quick to demonize Martin while minimizing GZ's transgressions. And will continue to support him no matter what kind of trouble he gets into from this point on. The ones that will NEVER concede that maybe, just MAYBE we were all right and GZ is a psychopath with a short fuse.

Oh, I agree that the prosecution did a terrible job and I could spend some time pontificating on reasons I think they did. I also didn't expect him to be convicted even before the trial began due to the circumstances.
    I still think they could have gotten a conviction if they had gone with manslaughter charges instead of murder.

And the ones that refuse to admit that if the situations was reversed, Martin would have been arrested immediately. The ones that refuse to admit that something was vastly wrong about the police dept not notifying TM's parents that he was dead for SEVERAL DAYS though they had his cell phone. And I could go on and on.

Nope. TM was a worthless thug, and deserved what he got. And Zimmerman can go on to have violent incident after violent incident which they will continue to minimize and say they have no bearing on the TM case.

Quote Originally Posted by kentatm
    I still think they could have gotten a conviction if they had gone with manslaughter charges instead of murder.
    Like I said, I could go on about my suspicions regarding the prosecution's woeful job on the case, but I'll just say that their job was grossly inadequate, whether they charged murder or manslaughter.

edit: I believe that the prosecution charged him in order to pacify the firestorm but had no particular interest in convicting him. I think this was evidenced by the DA of the county's (who didn't prosecute the case) press conference afterwards.
    Last edited by Knoe Itawl; 11-18-2013 at 08:43 PM.

This guy.

I saw earlier that he was arrested and then just saw the details.
    George Zimmerman was arrested on domestic violence charges Monday after pointing a shotgun at his girlfriend, smashing a glass-topped table and pushing her out of her Seminole County home, deputies said.

Zimmerman is being held without bail at the Seminole County Jail, charged with aggravated assault with a weapon — a felony — domestic violence battery and criminal mischief.

Deputies received a call from 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe around 12:30 p.m. Monday, and when they responded to the home three minutes later, Zimmerman was there and was not armed.

Zimmerman was arrested and booked, said Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma of the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

Lemma said Scheibe told deputies that Zimmerman pointed a shotgun at her. He also broke a table, pushed her out of the home and barricaded the door with furniture.
    If I'm reading that right, he pushed her out of her own home and then barricaded the door.
    This guy.

The local paper mentions Zimmerman's girlfriend was also there during the incident last month with Zimmerman's wife.

Zimmerman had arrived at that scene with Scheibe, who was described a few days later as his girlfriend by Shellie Zimmerman's attorney, Kelly Sims.

Last week, Lake Mary police officially closed that case, saying they had no solid evidence that Zimmerman had broken the law.

........According to the police report from the incident in Lake Mary on Sept. 9, Scheibe "was visibly shaken" by that dispute, which resulted in Shellie Zimmerman's father taking a punch to the nose and George Zimmerman tearing up his estranged wife's iPad.
    This guy. Who takes their girlfriend along when picking up your stuff from your pissed off wife? Who pulls a gun on their girlfriend when their girlfriend is also their witness
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 11-18-2013 at 09:13 PM.

The sad part about this is that his defenders will NEVER have some introspection and say "Gee, maybe I was just wrong about this" because it was never about GZ to them. It was about their hatred for black males, that they deem to be "thugs" (and for many of them, just black males in general). It was about the fact that GZ got away with killing a no good n.... They can deny, and get into nonsense about how Trayvon attacked him blah blah blah but that is all window dressing.

It doesn't matter what GZ does from this point forward. They will always pretend that that behavior is completely divorced from the Trayvon situation, and not further proof of the poisoned soul that lies within him that murdered a young man for no reason.

100% on point.. nailed it

He also called 911 to complain his girlfriend "went crazy" while the COPS WERE ON SCENE.

This guy.

The link above has the audio of both her 911 call and his 911 call.

Also the girlfriend is pregnant..........this guy.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC

This guy.

This guy. Who takes their girlfriend along when picking up your stuff from your pissed off wife? Who pulls a gun on their girlfriend when their girlfriend is also your witness
    Yeah, I did a post on that over two months ago.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=312261

"He's on a self destruction path.

Supposedly punched his Father-in-law in the nose. Threatens to shoot his wife and her dad. And this is all on the 911 call in which she is crying and big time distress. The wife is filing for divorce. She also says she "doesn't know what he is capable of" and that he is acting "more and more like he is invincible." If you listen to the 911 call her father could have had a cardiac situation. She also wants to reach out to Trayvon's family. House is divided.

The idiot also goes to the gun maker of the gun that killed Trayvon. If you empower an idiot he will show you what he is. Seems more like sooner than later. http://abcnews.go.com/US/george-zimm...ry?id=20203329

On a side note the Medical Examiner in the Trayvon case was fired and he has the giant killer Willie A Gary taking his case on. Shiping Bao says he was instructed on what to say and what not to say in this case. This is going to be very, very, very insteresting."

He's always been out there.

   

i especially enjoyed the small collection of geniuses last time who dismissed the previous event on the grounds that his wife was simply a b-tch and was just acting crazy. it was all her fault and nothing but a coincidence that poor georgie's name was unfairly dragged through the mud... yet again.

"all women are b-tches, cuz... didn't you know??"
    - some dude on ISH

[LIST][*]Are there any photographically-documented head injuries on George?[*]Are there any witnesses that place the GF on top of him delivering blows[*]Is she six feet tall and an ex-football player?[*]Are there any audio recordings of him screaming for help?[*]Any forensic evidence that he fired his gun from his back with her on top of him?[*]Does the GF have a long history of fighting and bragging about fighting?[/LIST]

updated story

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,1837318.story

George Zimmerman was arrested Monday after he cocked and pointed a shotgun at his girlfriend, shattered a glass-top table then pushed her out of the house and barricaded himself inside after she ordered him to move out, according to the Seminole County Sheriff's Office.

He surrendered peacefully a few minutes later and was hauled off to jail, where he was being held without bail on domestic violence and aggravated assault charges.

It was the second time in three months that the former Neighborhood Watch volunteer, who was acquitted of murdering 17-year-old Trayvon Martin, was handcuffed after being accused of domestic violence and threatening a woman with a gun.

In a September blow-up with his estranged wife, police filed no charges. This time, authorities did not buy his story, one that he quickly got into public circulation.

While deputies were outside, banging on the door, trying to get him to come out, Zimmerman called 911 and blamed Monday's dispute on his girlfriend, 27-year-old Samantha Scheibe, whom he said had "gone crazy on me."

The couple had been living together in the home she rented on Topfield Court near Apopka since August, said Seminole County Chief Deputy Dennis Lemma.

Scheibe was pregnant, Zimmerman told the dispatcher, and had decided to raise the child on her own. He wanted the parting to be peaceful, he said, and began packing, including a bag in which he had placed guns, but Scheibe then went out of control, he told a dispatcher.

"She just started smashing stuff, taking stuff that belonged to me," he said.

While he was still giving his version of events to a dispatcher, deputies unlocked the door, forced aside furniture that he had used to barricade himself inside and took him into custody, Lemma said.

Lemma said Scheibe is not pregnant.
    This guy.

His lawyer's washing his hands with him
    According to Shawn Vincent, a spokesman for defense attorney Mark O'Mara, "Mark O'Mara is not representing George Zimmerman in today's matter," won't represent him in any other new criminal complaints and "as such, it is not appropriate for him to make any comment.
    Don't worry George, you'll always have Raymone.