Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God

Default God

I was an atheist up until last year.

Ive taken world religions courses among other philosophy courses and i've come to the conclusion that the concept of God is man-made and that everyone who believes in a higher presence is actually getting in touch with who they are inside, their connection with the world, and the human experience. The ups and downs of life, the joys and pain, and the resilient spirit in all of us who seek happiness in our lives. We ALL feel that. The awes of the universe, finding your path in life, etc a lot of people credit it or explain it as God, but it's ONCE again, really just getting in touch with who you are as a human being.

I think people who get caught up, or distracted in life, are out of touch with themselves. They aren't thinking and personally developing, nor doing what they NEED to do, not want to do, to fulfill their real needs that bugs them on a day to day basis when they wake up in the morning.

Now to reiterate I was an atheist last year, but now I am a believer of God. I'm a believer of Jesus. I'm a believer of Allah. I'm a believer of Krishna. I'm a believer of everything. At the end of the day it's all allegorical, and everyone has touched on the exact same thing to make them a better person. It's all semantics. Put the holy books down. Think less and feel more. Get in touch with yourself. Good things happen. That's God for me. It's a word. God = wanting to be the best version of yourself, not some sky wizard who take you to heaven or banish you to hell. As an individual, happiness= heaven during our life. Sadness= hell. People are in heaven as we speak in their lives, while others are in hell. Once again, it's all allegorical. And I discovered that last year and I hope people on ish who feel down on their luck find that too. When theres a will theres a way, you just need to look. Everyone should look at their life metaphorically to give it meaning.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-06-2014 at 11:56 PM.

Default Re: God

I am God.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Phil, is that you?

Lebron is still the anti-christ. That part is real.

You're still an atheist.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    You're still an atheist.
    By your definition, correct.

By mines, no.

Me > you.

Quote Originally Posted by ShannonElements
    Since you're my dad I guess that makes me Jesus.

NBA All-star

We can all believe in a higher power and call it God.

But to say you now believe in "every single religion" just shows the lack of depth you have about the term higher power.

And while saying that God is wanting to be the better/best version of ourselves as well as the fact that believing in a higher power is discovering the inner depth of oneself as it projects onto ourselves and others is pretty much true.

But then to say there are no philosophical principles that differentiates different religions would be just about the most uneducated statement about religion in which you can make.

There is a great difference between respecting others principle, and trying to practice all principles at once.

Yes, it is easier to just say you don't understand everything then to try and attempt to say that you do.

And no, if you thought the statement of "I believe in a higher power" would be the easy cop out version of it all.

Uneducated.

Quote Originally Posted by GimmeThat

But to say you now believe in "every single religion" just shows the lack of depth you have about the term higher power.

But then to say there are no philosophical principles that differentiates different religions would be just about the most uneducated statement about religion in which you can make.

There is a great difference between respecting others principle, and trying to practice all principles at once.

Ok ill humor this because i'm bored.

I don't practice all religions. The fact that you concluded that shows that you didn't understand much to what I had to say which isn't shocking at all based on your reputation, or lack thereof, on this board. I'm more on the side of universality of all religious/spiritual beliefs that man has created, and the metaphysics of it all, not so much I practice all religions, but rather the essence of it all when you tap into that "frequency" will bare the same fruit. Similarly, meditation does the same for you for that matter.

Lastly, i'm smarter then you so quit before you make a fool of yourself. The angle i'm looking at this is Aristotelian and what the function of a religion/deity/spiritual teaching is meant to DO for a human being, whereas your is simple and reducing it to the common perception of what higher power and what religious philosophy is as taught by followers. Think more, go deeper, finding the big picture answers that cohesively brings it all together. Come back to me when if your brain works.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 06-07-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Lol at this guy who took a class and changed his whole world-view.

OP is so beta.

pah! same typical enlightened wannabe philosopher unprovoking bulljazz.

i believe in everything, in atheism and religion, so that makes me more enlightened than you.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss

Ive taken world religions courses among other philosophy courses and i've come to the conclusion that the concept of God is man-made and that everyone who believes in a higher presence is actually getting in touch with who they are inside, their connection with the world, and the human experience. The ups and downs of life, the joys and pain, and the resilient spirit in all of us who seek happiness in our lives. We ALL feel that. The awes of the universe, finding your path in life, etc a lot of people credit it or explain it as God, but it's ONCE again, really just getting in touch with who you are as a human being.

I think people who get caught up, or distracted in life, are out of touch with themselves. They aren't thinking and personally developing, nor doing what they NEED to do, not want to do, to fulfill their real needs that bugs them on a day to day basis when they wake up in the morning.

Now to reiterate I was an atheist last year, but now I am a believer of God. I'm a believer of Jesus. I'm a believer of Allah. I'm a believer of Krishna. I'm a believer of everything. At the end of the day it's all allegorical, and everyone has touched on the exact same thing to make them a better person. It's all semantics. Put the holy books down. Think less and feel more. Get in touch with yourself. Good things happen. That's God for me. It's a word. God = wanting to be the best version of yourself, not some sky wizard who take you to heaven or banish you to hell. As an individual, happiness= heaven during our life. Sadness= hell. People are in heaven as we speak in their lives, while others are in hell. Once again, it's all allegorical. And I discovered that last year and I hope people on ish who feel down on their luck find that too. When theres a will theres a way, you just need to look. Everyone should look at their life metaphorically to give it meaning.
    cringeworthy post

National High School Star dr.hee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BigBoss