Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 08-26-2006, 04:55 AM   #1
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

Default Amare

does anyone know if amare is back to his old self?? back to the explosive young centre that i grew to love
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
I do not think Amare will ever be the same but I sure hope he will. I think his overall quickness and his dynamics will take a blow but he will still be a great player. His injury has given him the opportunity to work on other aspects of his game like his shooting and dribbling etc... I have seen video of him when he was recovering from the injury and his jump shot has really improved. Also near the end of the season last year when Amare came back for those two games his jump shot seemed to be his greatest weapon.

I posted this in another discussion about Amare.

His injury has helped him become more of an all around player so Amare did benefit from it. But I do think his explosiveness will go down a bit.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:42 PM   #3
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
This will be the question of the season, all season long seeing as how the Suns championship run depends greatly on his health.

I don't think he'll ever be the same explosive as he was. I mean, anytime you are injured to that extent, you simply aren't going to be the exact same as when you were healthy. It's just that simple. I have severly sprained both of my ankles while playin ball, and they have never been the same no matter how hard I work them, or rehab them, and that injury isn't near what Amare's was.

I'm sure he'll still have his fair share of dunks on people, but not like he used to. He might lose a slight edge in the quickness dept as well, but even then, I still think he'll have the advantage on most bigs in the league. This injury also will help Amare work on other aspects of the game. Everytime I have seen Amare work on something, he becomes significantly better at it. He FT's and jump shot are 2 things that come to mind right off the bat.

He's gonna be a great player still in my estimation. Maybe not in the same ways, but still great.

Like Air Seth, here is my response from another thread.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 08:51 PM   #4
AIR SETH
Local High School Star

Great minds think a like eh Rab?

Last edited by AIR SETH : 08-26-2006 at 09:08 PM.
AIR SETH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2006, 11:04 PM   #5
nash4eva!gosuns
Back!

well...again...i've asked this question before...now with this amare...what are our championship chances?
nash4eva!gosuns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 01:00 AM   #6
STATfan32
I hit open 5-footers

we're gonna win it all, i keep saying it, just watch
STATfan32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 02:30 AM   #7
Rab
Jared Dudley's #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AIR SETH
Great minds think a like eh Rab?
Tis true my friend.
Rab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:36 PM   #8
Zombles
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by nash4eva!gosuns
well...again...i've asked this question before...now with this amare...what are our championship chances?

With a less offensively explosive Amare the championship hopes really rely on our commitment to defense. We played it in stretches last season, but the team defense really downgraded after Kurt Thomas was injured, and it almost cost us a first round exit versus the Lakers.

I think the chances are great with an 18-8 Amare on 50%, if we can play defense the entire year/post-season like we did the first couple months of last season.

We're not getting past the Spurs or Mavs without playing both ends of the floor.
Zombles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #9
mavsfan4zindagi
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombles
With a less offensively explosive Amare the championship hopes really rely on our commitment to defense. We played it in stretches last season, but the team defense really downgraded after Kurt Thomas was injured, and it almost cost us a first round exit versus the Lakers.

I think the chances are great with an 18-8 Amare on 50%, if we can play defense the entire year/post-season like we did the first couple months of last season.

We're not getting past the Spurs or Mavs without playing both ends of the floor.

I agree. The Suns are gonna have to play at least a little bit of D if they plan on winning a championship.

I think they're capable of doing that too.
mavsfan4zindagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2006, 04:13 PM   #10
Amare32
Decent playground baller

Our defense before KT went down was pretty good and we kept teams to around 43% shooting or something close to that which was pretty damn good for a run and gun style team. I agree what we do on D this year play a huge factor on If we claim the championship.
Amare32 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: