Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-02-2008, 04:31 AM   #16
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Default Re: Walter Herrman: The nearly nude dunkmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAH trick YAH
On July 18, 2003.…a car was driving along a country road and collided, head-on, with a car with an older couple. The car contained Herrmann’s sister, mother and fiancé….as well as two friends of the family. Everyone in the accident died.

The day that happened, Herrmann was training with the National team. He had a little time off between practices….and called his girlfriend’s family, which is where the car was headed. That was when he learned of his fiancée dying. He was so upset that he trashed the hotel room in which he was staying.

Now, I just stated he learned of his girlfriend’s death…….no one told him of the others’ fate. In a car on the way to the airport [to go and be with his girlfriend’s parents]….he made a few phone calls and learned about the deaths of his mother and sister. He flew to Buenos Aires…drove a few hours to the village where all of the bodies were located.

After a period of mourning….Herrmann decided to rejoin his Spanish league team and resume his career. When the season ended, he went back to Argentina to try out for the Olympic team. He earned a spot on that team….and on the one year anniversary of the tragedy…July 18, 2004.…he had 38 points and 11 boards to win the South America Championship and a berth in the Olympic Games.

When Herrmann returned to his hotel room….he learned that his father died of a heart attack.

http://journals.aol.com/sportzassass...r-herrmann/567

Jesus. I don't know what to say. I will root for this guy forever.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:38 AM   #17
final.wrath
Banned

Don't take this too seriously but,

I'm always a little suspicious of ethnic Germans living in Argentina. If you're a history person, you know why.

But I'm sure Walter's family had nothing to do with that. He's too awesome.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 04:56 AM   #18
Dengness9
Homecourt: Hell

Walter Herrman is an incredible dude for losing his mind literally. Someone has gotta give him a contract somewhere in the L. Nocioni or Manu should recruit him to their team.
Dengness9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 05:57 AM   #19
final.wrath
Banned

I did see some comments on youtube that he was likely headed for Greece next year.
I really hope not.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:02 AM   #20
Beebo
Good college starter

Did he ever get playing time when he was on the Pistons??? Because I remember he played pretty good when he was with the Bobcats.
Beebo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008, 06:59 AM   #21
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo
Did he ever get playing time when he was on the Pistons??? Because I remember he played pretty good when he was with the Bobcats.

unfortunately no. but when he did he was awesome in every way except he shot a bad percentage. although it didn't seem like it I was suprised to see that stat.

Not much footage of him on Det but there was a 35 ft 3pter, multiple finger rolls, steals, hustle, and overall a lot of good decisions. unselfish hustle energy guy for us but a quality starter for somebody out there.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: