Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 12-07-2008, 05:18 PM   #1
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Default Starting line up to change

http://www.mlive.com/pistons/index.s...up_starti.html

Quote:
Pistons' Curry plans to shake up starting lineup
by A. Sherrod Blakely
Sunday December 07, 2008, 3:17 PM

NEW YORK -- Michael Curry has seen enough of these slow starts by his starters. Following today's 104-92 loss to New York, Curry said he will "do something" with the starting lineup.

The most likely lineup Curry will look at will involve Rodney Stuckey coming in to run the point, joining Allen Iverson, Richard Hamilton, Tayshaun Prince and Rasheed Wallace.

He used that lineup to start the second half. That group, along with solid play from Arron Afflalo and Walter Herrmann off the bench, played an integral role in Detroit cutting New York's lead down to just five points after it peaked at 29.

Prince at PF. The guy plays everywhere. I am not a fan of this move.
Small ball line up.Lets see how it goes..
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Starting line up to change

I'm not a fan of this move either. I think it's dumb we are trying to work around AI rather than making AI fit into our system. It's a two way street. Obviously, he is not a good fit for the starting lineup. I think the best I've seen the team play since his arrival is when Stuckey started at PG and AI was a scoring spark off the bench. If Detroit stuck to that theory we may not have a losing record with him on the team.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 11:39 PM   #3
final.wrath
Banned

i don't see why AI isn't a sixth man.

its all expiremental. we got time. we don't care about being a high seed as much as winning when it counts.

Last edited by final.wrath : 12-07-2008 at 11:47 PM.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:21 AM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Its a shame that egos and such have become a factor in our locker room… thats the only reason that neither Rip or AI will submit to the bench…

Our team could be so much better if one of them was willing to put pride aside and be the 6th man ala Manu. We would regain respect and regain wins. But this team is set to be slightly above average and will return to being a second round exit… last time we got only to the second round was when we had a singular star player… Jerry Stackhouse. Welcome to 2002.

I'm sure if we reel off a couple of wins, this new line up will be deemed a success… but lets look at the up coming opponents:

Washington (2 times in the next 10 days)
Indiana (semi-legit)
Charlotte
Utah (they are undermanned but still legit, but Detroit hasn't beat Utah in eons… chalk it up as a loss)

What ever…

I'm wearing teal jerseys for the rest of the season as I'm feeling down
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

I do not like tay at the 4 (although hes been our best rebounder) but Im not sure what else to do (without the 6th man Sg situation that wont happen). Why not stuck/ai/rip/max/sheed? with prince the first off the bench regardless of whos subbing out (maybe not if its sheed - then Dice). prince would still get a ton of mins and be a more featured player and potentially mismatched. Why not? Rip showed he can play most 3s and ai is a sieve regardless so....
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 03:24 PM   #6
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Quote:
Originally Posted by boozehound
I do not like tay at the 4 (although hes been our best rebounder) but Im not sure what else to do (without the 6th man Sg situation that wont happen). Why not stuck/ai/rip/max/sheed? with prince the first off the bench regardless of whos subbing out (maybe not if its sheed - then Dice). prince would still get a ton of mins and be a more featured player and potentially mismatched. Why not? Rip showed he can play most 3s and ai is a sieve regardless so....

Thats a possible line up that could work. I'm a bit concerned with Prince at the four myself…

The thing that this roster needs to be functional for success is to have someone submit and come off the bench. Whether it be Iverson, Hamilton, or Prince. Stuckey needs to start so we have some one who is familiar with running the offense. Heck, Prince did a better job playing point forward but you can just tell he isn't all that comfortable in that role but he was able to do it pretty decent in the Spurs game.

I'll wait and hopefully some one mans up and and takes on a 6th man role… would really be taking one for the team and getting us back on the winning track.
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2008, 04:45 PM   #7
A. Blackmon
Banned

I agree that Stuckey should start because he brings the most stability to the team. Iverson has been my favorite player for some time know but I'm starting to wonder whether or not he will ever get it. Iverson needs to be a veteran in this situation and submit to the bench. It would actually work out better for him because he would be able to take a large percentage of the shots if he was with the second unit.
A. Blackmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 02:25 PM   #8
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

first game it didnt work vs the wizards. And it work again imo..
I hope curry gives up on his small ball line up fetish..
Below is his post game comments (curry)..

Post Game comments
Old 12-13-2008, 04:50 PM   #9
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

Pistons vs Pacers 10 minute highlight(almost all pistons great plays included )

A win agaisnt pacers, and finally 3 game losing streak stopped..
But curry gotta change the line up back..i dont like this small ball line up
Old 12-14-2008, 05:58 PM   #10
dd24
College superstar

I'm not happy with the team at all. They are tough to watch anymore.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: