Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-30-2006, 04:23 AM   #1
hotsizzle
Superstar

Default Lighting system to bring the "old forums" effect for Opener

Quote:
In the glare: The Lakers practiced Saturday at Staples Center to get used to a special lighting system they will debut Tuesday. The lighting is designed to draw more attention to the floor and bring a feel to the game like the old Forum.

``It puts the focus on the court,’’ Bryant said. ``It gives it more of a magical feel, more energy, more intensity.’’

Tim Harris, the Lakers’ senior vice president for business operations, said owner Jerry Buss has wanted the change for years. Jackson added that he liked the ``stage presence’’ the lights helped create.

The Lakers cannot keep the lights up for more than Tuesday’s game because of structural concerns at Staples Center. They would consider making a permanent change if fan feedback supports the new lights.

wonder if it'll be any good...

Last edited by hotsizzle : 10-30-2006 at 04:27 AM.
hotsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:42 AM   #2
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

I'm stoked, I think it'll be sweet! Now I just need some free tickets and I'll be happy to let you all know how it looks in person...
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:43 AM   #3
mariodeathgrip
incoherent!!!!

They would consider making a permanent change if fan feedback supports the new lights.

Where do I send the feed back, this sounds cool as hell I love the idea!!

P.S. Beside being a Laker's fan I'm also a big fan of the Undertaker, and only because of the bell I feel like trading for big Ben. Imagine having the lighting effect and the bell also. Ahhh.... just day dreaming there. But this lighting effect sounds cool. So if any way I could send feedback support I would.
mariodeathgrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 10:26 AM   #4
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote:
The Lakers cannot keep the lights up for more than Tuesday’s game because of structural concerns at Staples Center. They would consider making a permanent change if fan feedback supports the new lights.

Wow, the Staples Center is like brand new... what the heck? Structural concerns???
SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 04:59 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

well because its brand new is the reason they are concerned. they haVENt tried anyting new with this building and they dont know what could happen.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #6
Kobe4MVP
High School JV MVP

Hey I have an idea!

Any chance our "Forum" could get the "Lights Out" treatment tomorrow to coincide with the game for more "Forum" atmosphere? Ya know, just temporarily invert the background/text color scheme so the background is black and the text is white (or something similar)...
Kobe4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:05 PM   #7
Cool
NBA rookie of the year

How there making it sound. It seems like its gonna be pretty sick. And I heard the lighting there using is the one they use for every all-star game. I wonder if you will notice a difference watching the game at home or will it look the same?
Cool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:24 PM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool
I wonder if you will notice a difference watching the game at home or will it look the same?

I dont think we'll notice watching from tv.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 06:32 PM   #9
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe4MVP
Hey I have an idea!

Any chance our "Forum" could get the "Lights Out" treatment tomorrow to coincide with the game for more "Forum" atmosphere? Ya know, just temporarily invert the background/text color scheme so the background is black and the text is white (or something similar)...

thats a hell of an idea, i wish i had that kind of mod powers...
Old 10-30-2006, 06:33 PM   #10
hotsizzle
Superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I dont think we'll notice watching from tv.

we actually might, if you watch old laker games, you can see the difference. the light on the crowd is very little making that area look really dark
Old 10-30-2006, 06:42 PM   #11
schyza
High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotsizzle
we actually might, if you watch old laker games, you can see the difference. the light on the crowd is very little making that area look really dark

You hit the nail on the head you’ll be able to notice the Lights Out on TV because the crowd as a whole will be less visible will still be able to see Jack Nicholson and the 1st few rows pretty clear but for the most part like hotsizzle said “the light on the crowd is very little making that area look really dark”

so no more of those goofs on there cell phones during the game like “can you see me I’m the big dummy with the jersey tucked into my slacks waving from the 10 row”

I love the old Great Western Forum so I’m really excited about this I’ll have to come back to Cali this year and see a game for sure well if they keep the Lights Out.

Last edited by schyza : 10-30-2006 at 08:32 PM.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: