Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 567891011 ... LastLast

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire or Dwight Howard?

I love them both ,both are 2 of my favorites in the league ... I wish Dwight had Amare's offense and Amare had Dwights D.

Dwight is a better defender, but is not nearly as talented as amare, who by the way is a very underrated defender. Amare can run faster too.

Amare > Dwight

Serious playground baller fiad06's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32

Good job quoting one post that had basketball related info in it and the only one responding to a troll that called someone a hater. Def shows me being getting offended.
    I was talking about how hard it was to have civil discussions in these threads, kid. :)

Dwight > Amare >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Yao

High School Starter LutherHeadJob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fiad06
    I was talking about how hard it was to have civil discussions in these threads, kid. :)
    I would love to see a thread without

* Yao is 7'6 he should be dominating
    * Yao is 7'6 he should be averaging 12+ boards ( You don't rebound with your blooody head!)
    * Yao got blocked by Nate, his soft
    * Yao is soft, he can't dunk

But folks on ISH are too stupid and even if they don't admit it some of them hate on Yao because he is asian.

I don't get this, maybe its because i follow Houston, maybe its because i live in Australia where it is multicultural and racism is frowned upon.

Know any Basketball forums where you can get a intelligent discussion?

Too many people are on the Dwight bandwagon. The guy is a talented big man, but not nearly as talented as Amare. If you actually watch Amare play in all his regular season games you'll see he's more athletic. He has more post moves, better footwork, more speed, more agility, higher vertical, higher basketball IQ, better finisher(2nd in the nba under Lebron), excellent from the FT line(80%), decent rebounder, etc. Who cares if Dwight averages 4 more rebounds, do these rebounds make up for the advantage that Amare has on him?

Plus, It's not Amare's fault that his previous coach preferred to grossly overplay Diaw and have Amare sit because he had 2 fouls(what D'antoni considered foul trouble even in 4th quarter). Fact is DreamYaoTmac5 is a troll and Amare is the overall better basketball player than Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey
    Too many people are on the Dwight bandwagon. The guy is a talented big man, but not nearly as talented as Amare. If you actually watch Amare play in all his regular season games you'll see he's more athletic. He has more post moves, better footwork, more speed, more agility, higher vertical, higher basketball IQ, better finisher(2nd in the nba under Lebron), excellent from the FT line(80%), decent rebounder, etc. Who cares if Dwight averages 4 more rebounds, do these rebounds make up for the advantage that Amare has on him?

Pretty sure Amare had the most "and 1's" last seaosn by a good margin.

I rule the local playground

Amare
    I would also take Yao Over Dwight

Quote Originally Posted by Koop1
    Amare
    I would also take Yao Over Dwight
    And I can see where you're coming from.

Here are the best bigs in the NBA right now:

Yao, Dwight, Amare, Duncan

And out of all those bigs, Dwight is the worst at scoring. Doesn't mean hes a bad scorer. Just not as good as the other guys.

I would take the others first because of offense

I think I would take Amare right now, he is maybe a year out of his prime, and is just playing lights out offensively.

Long run Dwight. With 3 or 4 years of experience, he will be far more dominant than Amare is now.

I would rate them Amare > Dwight > Yao, just because Yao has not produced much in the past year, or won a playoff series.

Dwight is better then Amare on defense easily, but the gap is much bigger offensively where Amare towers over Dwight, thus, making Amare the better overall player.

Amare > Dwight >> Yao.

Serious playground baller WildStyle's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by statman32
    I guess thats why he averages 2.1 bpg then.

**** if Toronto was playing overly aggressive they dont have the guys to play that way. They shoot the least amount of free throws a game in the league.

This doesnt happen to any team that takes it to him FYI. Plenty of teams have went at him and either got him in foul trouble or got to the line a lot.
    Way to miss the point completely. The point is, Dwight makes teams scared to go into the lane. Period. I watch every Magic game. Amare doesn't have quite the same effect on opposing offenses.

Dwight wasn't in foul trouble that much last season. He's actually pretty good in that department.

Decent college freshman Silverbullit's Avatar

Give me Amare before Dwight.

I think Amare is more talented but is this guy a choker or what? He seems to disappear at the moments when you are expecting a super star to dominate and take over the game.

Dwight seems like more of a center piece for a championship team than Amare. You can't compare the two, they play different positions.

Quote Originally Posted by WildStyle
    Way to miss the point completely. The point is, Dwight makes teams scared to go into the lane. Period. I watch every Magic game. Amare doesn't have quite the same effect on opposing offenses.

Dwight wasn't in foul trouble that much last season. He's actually pretty good in that department.
    I'm not missing the point. You might have watched every Magic game but to suggest that his block numbers are misleading because he alters shots too is useless. Every shot blocker has that effect somewhat. I agree with you that Dwight is the better defender if thats what you are trying to say. Hes just not a great defender like some people want to label him.

Dwight wasnt in foul trouble much last season but he had the 5th most personal fouls?