Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Denver Nuggets Forum

Denver Nuggets Forum Denver Nuggets forum - Denver Nuggets message board

Old 04-05-2008, 03:26 PM   #1
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputationidizzle has a terrific reputation
Default Taurean Green

What do you think of Taurean Green? Here are his stat from the D-League

Idaho Stampede 19.3 ppg, 9.8 apg and 5.3 rpg in four appearances.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM   #2
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Mattbuffs6 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Taurean Green

The jury is still out on his productivity in the NBA. Karl doesn't seem to give rookies much of a chance, perhaps part of his old-school style. He has good bloodlines (son of Sidney) and he knows how to win. I would like see him get a bit of playing time and see if he can maybe contribute something in the playoffs (God willing). Can you believe there are 5 players from last season's UF Gators squad in the NBA (Brewer, Noah, Horford, Green, Richard) as well as Humphrey playing in the Greek league.. that stuff is unbelievable especially nowadays.
Mattbuffs6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 05:01 PM   #3
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Also, ever since Nene came back, Taurean is the guy wearing street clothes so I'm not sure that we'll get a chance to see him at all this season.
Old 04-05-2008, 05:10 PM   #4
francesco totti
Decent college freshman

francesco totti has decent reputationfrancesco totti has decent reputation

Quote:
Nuggets Assign Green to 14ers
Posted Apr 5 2008 3:15PM
Print E-mail RSS Feeds E-News Sign Up Share on Facebook

Denver, April 5 --The Denver Nuggets have assigned Taurean Green to the Colorado 14ers of the NBA Development League, team Vice President of Basketball Operations Mark Warkentien announced on Saturday.

Green, a 6-foot, 177-lbs. guard from the University of Florida, has averaged 1.6 ppg in 17 games with the Nuggets and the Portland Trail Blazers this season.

The Nuggets' decision to send Green to the NBA Development League is the 50th player assignment to the league this season, involving 31 players.

This the second time that Green was assigned to the D-League. While with Portland, Green was assigned to the Idaho Stampede and averaged 19.3 ppg, 9.8 apg and 5.3 rpg in four appearances.

Green was acquired by the Nuggets from Portland in exchange for Von Wafer on February 21.

Source
francesco totti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 06:48 PM   #5
Mattbuffs6
I airball my layups

Very interesting Francesco.. I wsa wondering if the time would come when they sent him down, he seemed to be the odd man out on the roster spot. I know it's probably tough for him to be sent down, but he also needs to get out on the court and perform when it's not garbage time like he was in the NBA. If he only made 4 appearances in the D-League earlier this year, and he has probably only seen time in 6-7 Nugs games, that means he has around 10 total time when he actually gets to take the warm-up off. I hope we keep him around, I live right by the Broomfield Events Center so I might check out some 14ers action to see if he really is legit as well as the rest of that squad.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: