Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 11-29-2012, 10:11 PM   #1
AngelEyes
Sentenza

AngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation hereAngelEyes has a near all-star reputation here
Default Heat fans, how happy are you with Chalmers?

Every time I watch the heat it seems like Chalmers makes a few bone headed plays a game. He appears to be a solid player with good scoring ability and decent play making skills. When he first came to the heat I expected him to grow a lot as a player and while he's solid, he's not as good as I thought he would be. Has he reached his potential? Are you satisfied with the results?
AngelEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
RRR3
Chalmers for 3

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Heat fans, how happy are you with Chalmers?

I'm not a Heat fan, but I am a huge Chalmers fan and follow the Heat more than any other team because of him and LBJ. So I will answer your question

He's fine, he hasn't been shooting very well this year for some reason. His passing has looked miles better when I have watched him though. He's just a bit of a bonehead in general, so those plays will probably always be there. He's a good role player, though, when he's right he's a very good shooter, very competitive and confident, and is an excellent help defender. Not very good against quick PG's though. Norris Cole being his backup makes him look better than he is, since Cole is one of the absolute worst rotation players there is.

He's pretty much prime Derek Fisher I think. Which is a solid role player who fits into the team system and is notable for his "clutch" shots. Obviously Rio hasn't had the clutch history of Fisher yet, but he's had his moments, particularly in college Hope he has a long career. Also hope he teaches Cole how to shoot if the Heat are going to keep playing Cole

Last edited by RRR3 : 11-29-2012 at 10:28 PM.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #3
FKAri
Great college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

He's great for the Heat. Last couple seasons he was their 4th best player. Does exactly what you want a PG to do for the Heat. Hit the 3, play D, and also put the occasional pressure on the D with a drive. He has his flaws tho but hes a good fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
I'm not a Heat fan

lmao
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #4
RRR3
Chalmers for 3

RRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRRR3 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
lmao
If I was a Heat fan, I'd be cheer for them if LeBron and Chalmers left. I wouldn't if such events happened though I don't front about this, I don't pretend to be a Heat fan even though I easily could. If there was still a team in STL they'd be my team.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:22 PM   #5
fpliii
NBA All-star

fpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfpliii is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a Heat fan (just a Wade stan), but I'm kinda in-between on this. I expected very little at first, but when he outplayed Beasley in his first couple of months, had a bunch of high steal games, and showed flashes of brilliance, I actually expected him to emerge as a legit solid player (sorta like a Jennings, I guess?). I think he was great alongside Wade, but playing with LeBron as well kinda marginalized his strengths. However, he's quite the reliable shorter from beyond the arc now, so I guess based on where they got him the Heat FO is more than satisfied.
fpliii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #6
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would like to think that all heat fans appreciate chalmers. He single handedly won the game when lbj went down in game 4 of the 2012 finals, was the only clutch player when the whole team was choking during the dallas comeback, has been hitting big shots since the moment he was drafted. What's not to like? So what if he tries to overdo it sometimes, that's just the type of player he is. Someone had a quote when the big three were formed saying that he thinks of himself as the best player on the team, that shit cracked me up but it shows whenever there is pressure in the game.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:26 PM   #7
red1
Dinosaurs

red1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterred1 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
I'm not a Heat fan, but I am a huge Chalmers fan and follow the Heat more than any other team because of him and LBJ. So I will answer your question

He's fine, he hasn't been shooting very well this year for some reason. His passing has looked miles better when I have watched him though. He's just a bit of a bonehead in general, so those plays will probably always be there. He's a good role player, though, when he's right he's a very good shooter, very competitive and confident, and is an excellent help defender. Not very good against quick PG's though. Norris Cole being his backup makes him look better than he is, since Cole is one of the absolute worst rotation players there is.
red1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:46 PM   #8
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this boardNumberSix is popular on this board

Chalmers is a top 5 PG in the NBA.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
fsvr54
F*ck Society

fsvr54 is considered somewhat coolfsvr54 is considered somewhat cool

Teague >
fsvr54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

He is in the front end of the top 10 PGs in the league.

- Mario Chalmers
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: