Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-29-2012, 03:51 AM   #31
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Brooklyn Nets make Phil Jackson their top target

As much as I disliked him at his ending years with the Nets, Byron Scott would be an excellent hire for us. He is very point guard friendly and is heavy with the pick and roll. He's a players' coach so he may be able to unify the guys and he develops guard talent well so MarShon may be able to come back to the limelight.

Ofcourse, we would have to lure him away from Cleveland which won't be easy. Also looming is my guess that LAL will lure him away this offseason to coach the Lakers, once D'Antoni fails to achieve anything in the playoffs.

However, realistically, I'd be ok with Nate McMillan or any of the Van Gundy boys. Nate probably my top though his slow paced offense may draw a lot of criticisms. Wouldn't mind taking a flyer too on a new head coach like Brian Shaw or something either.

Regarding the topic though, Jackson's price may be too high for us. I would guess he would be able to sit horizontally with Billy while also being the coach and have a salary that will smite Belichick.

Last edited by wang4three : 12-29-2012 at 03:54 AM.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 06:48 AM   #32
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
BTW, i think the idea that jackson is only willing to take on championship-ready teams is almost complete BS.

in chicago, he took on a team with one superstar ballhog who couldn't lead a team, and a mediocre squad

He wasn't Phil yet. He was an assistant who had won in the CBA and the Bulls were not mediocre. They were on the verge and very well may have won without him.

Quote:
i don't see any real evidence that jackson takes the safe bet, ever.

The first time he took over the Lakers they were the team everyone thought should be the best. They were the safest bet out there despite having been swept in consecutive years by the Jazz.

Quote:
I know Shaq could win a title at that point

Those sweeps convinced you?
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 07:36 AM   #33
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiao Yao You
Those sweeps convinced you?
You almost had me taking you seriously up until then.

My only question is- are you mainland Chinese or a foreigner living there? Your English sounds way too sharp to be Chinese, actually. Or am I profiling?

EDIT: must admit i was wrong about chicago being mediocre at the time. they were able to give the champs some good fights and required the invention of "the jordan rules." dunno why i mis-remembered that.

Last edited by gigantes : 12-29-2012 at 08:13 AM.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 08:08 AM   #34
Foster5k
College star

Foster5k is considered somewhat coolFoster5k is considered somewhat cool

Nets keep going further down hill. First, use Avery Johnson as a scapegoat. Next, they are actually fantasizing about hiring Phil Jackson. Nets are not going anywhere anytime soon and a blind man could see that.
Foster5k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 09:29 AM   #35
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by smush=mvp!
the only PJ they are getting is PJ Carlesimo
Basically.

Good luck in turning this season around, Brooklyn.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:06 AM   #36
blablabla

blablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableblablabla is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

someone should sign mike budenholzer as hc
blablabla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:10 AM   #37
Xiao Yao You
NBA All-star

Xiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong wayXiao Yao You is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
You almost had me taking you seriously up until then.

My only question is- are you mainland Chinese or a foreigner living there? Your English sounds way too sharp to be Chinese, actually. Or am I profiling?

EDIT: must admit i was wrong about chicago being mediocre at the time. they were able to give the champs some good fights and required the invention of "the jordan rules." dunno why i mis-remembered that.

You're profiling. Some here have English skills like a native. It's not India!
Xiao Yao You is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:18 AM   #38
KOBE143
In GawdBe We Trust

KOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardKOBE143 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

No chance at all.. They need to get Kobe first before they can sign Phil..

Phil will not coach a team without Kobe's guidance..

Last edited by KOBE143 : 12-29-2012 at 11:22 AM.
KOBE143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #39
Derka
Go C's!

Derka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDerka is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by niko
I'd suspect we are going to hear a lot of how interested he is and how possible he is even if it's not possible (which we don't know). Remember the Dwightmare? The Nets love to leak how they are about to do something. Dwight was imminent 2,050 times, every time from the Nets side.

Agreed entirely with this.
Derka is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: