Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-04-2007, 07:53 PM   #61
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Bulls want more

Quote:
Ok, fine the Darko deal can't be done unless it's after the 3 month period, which would make it October if he was signed in July. I was unaware of that particular clause in the CBA about the limitations of the sign-and-trade, but the 3 month deal is possible, however unlikely.
it's actually 3 months or dec 15 th which ever is later so it would be dec 15th in this case
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:55 PM   #62
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by gts
it's actually 3 months or dec 15 th which ever is later so it would be dec 15th in this case
Ok, gotcha. Then the Darko thing is near impossible, and my original trade deal doesn't make much sense. However, it does make sense for the Grizz to rebuild, and I can't think of a better deal than what the Bulls can give them right now. However, the Grizz might not want to rebuild, they just might want OJ Mayo next season.

Last edited by Showtime : 07-04-2007 at 07:58 PM.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #63
gts
Sons of Antartica

gts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegts is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Ok, gotcha. Then the Darko thing is near impossible, and my original trade deal doesn't make much sense
ah that's cool, i tired to trade a guy that retired the other day...lol
gts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:00 PM   #64
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by picc84
Oh, so the bench isn't crap because there's an allstar starter? I thought we were talking about the bench here? It doesn't matter if you're starting five is Jordan, Pippen, Zeke, Wilt, and Shaq - you can go 82-0, sweep the finals, but if you're bench is crap, its crap. No matter if you need any of them. Its not too hard to decipher. You're just so argumentative you'll say anything to get a 'kid' quip in. Well congrats. You did it. You called me 'kid'. And i've never felt more sonned and condescended to. But you still dont seem to grasp the point.

Well listen close, kid. With Gasol trade:

team = better
bench = crap

They sign some decent bench players to fill out holes, and they're good. Or if they transform every starter into the 90's dream team, they're good. But they won't. And the team, as it would be, isnt good enough to win the title. They get a better bench? We'll talk. Come see me with your hat in your hands, i'll hand you a slice of humble pie, and we''ll talk. Or, i'll talk, you chew and listen like a good gobb. But this aint the 90's dream team starters, and they aint good enough as is. Bench is a different entity. And as is? Crap. Not good enough. Insufficient. Subpar.

Comprende?

Nah, I don't think so....cue the point rocketing right over gobb's head yet again like a Jason Kidd alleyoop. And cue the look of ineptitude on his aged, downtrotten face as he catches him heading downcourt disgusted and ashamed. *smh* Lift your chin and close your mouth when people are talking, kid. Gets you some thinking time before the yap starts.

peace

you're wrong. the team after the gasol trade WOULD be good enough to win the title. the bench would be weak but they can resign malik, sweets for a couple of suzy q's and a bottle of maddog
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:02 PM   #65
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
Ok, fine the Darko deal can't be done unless it's after the 3 month period, which would make it October if he was signed in July. I was unaware of that particular clause in the CBA about the limitations of the sign-and-trade, but the 3 month deal is possible, however unlikely.

Yea possible.

Quote:
If you would have known about the CBA rule then, I would agree. But your point then wasn't about the CBA rule, it was about Darko being able to be signed by those teams, which was a stupid point anyway considering the basis of including him in a deal in the first place.

If Memphis, Minny wants Darko they could sign him. Signing him then trying to trade him in a package is stupid.

Quote:
Spurs = championship, Grizz = bottom of the west. Are you seriously equating Pau's value to that of Duncan's? My point is that a team like the Grizz would be more open to trading Pau if they get quality, young talent to build around because they are going nowhere with the roster they have.

Yeah quality young talent...as if they dont have enough.

Luol Deng is an All Star caliber player. You start with Deng and attempt to come up with something that Memphis decides to even LISTEN to. Memphis is going nowhere but neither is Gasol.

Quote:
Your point is that the Grizz want Nocioni, I get that. My point is that the Grizz can start the rebuilding process now because the core of Pau and Miller with overpaid vets like Cardinal isn't working. Bigger changes have to be made in Memphis IMO besides making an offer to Nocioni.

Rebuilding process began a long time ago. Hakim Warrick, Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley Jr, Terrance Kinsey, Alexander Johnson.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:06 PM   #66
bullzballboy
I hit open layups

bullzballboy has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB

Its gonna take Deng for Memphis to tart talkin serious about Pau Gasol. All this Nocioni, Noah, Duhon, fillers, Darko after signing is moronic. Luol Deng is where you start. If not, get the f*ck off my phone.

*hangs up*

EXACTLY!!!! AND THAT IS WHY YOU TRADE DENG!!! BUT PAXSON WON'T DO IT BECAUSE DENGNESS WOULD THREATEN HIM AND BLOW UP HIS HOUSE IF HE TRADED HIS BOYFRIEND. GASOL IS EXACTLY WHAT WE NEED. NOT GOING TO GET HIM WITH NOC AND THE OTHER HACKS. TRADE DENG AND SIGN NOC TO BE NEW SF.

WALLACE, GASOL, NOCE, GORDON, HINRICH IS A PRETTY DAMN GOOD LINEUP WITH THOMAS, SEFOL OFF THE BENCH
bullzballboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:16 PM   #67
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Showtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation hereShowtime has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Yea possible.

"however unlikely", "near impossible"-Showtime

Quote:
Luol Deng is an All Star caliber player. You start with Deng and attempt to come up with something that Memphis decides to even LISTEN to. Memphis is going nowhere but neither is Gasol.

Is Deng not a bull? Last time I checked he was. What I said was that I don't see a better deal for Pau than what the Bulls can give them. I never said Deng should never be included, but it's up to Chicago as to how much they want to give up. IMO, they won't get to the finals without an offensive post player.

Quote:
Rebuilding process began a long time ago. Hakim Warrick, Rudy Gay, Kyle Lowry, Mike Conley Jr, Terrance Kinsey, Alexander Johnson.

With the current roster, they won't be above .500 for another 2 years, and by that time, there's no telling how those players will develop or even if they will still be in Memphis by that time.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 08:26 PM   #68
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime
"however unlikely", "near impossible"-Showtime

Uh huh.

Quote:
Is Deng not a bull? Last time I checked he was. What I said was that I don't see a better deal for Pau than what the Bulls can give them. I never said Deng should never be included, but it's up to Chicago as to how much they want to give up. IMO, they won't get to the finals without an offensive post player.

Its not an opinion its a FACT they wont get to the finals let alone win on without an offensive post player. Gasol fits them perfect. Getting him wont be easy. I dont forsee it because if Memphis decides to talk trade with Chicago...thier asking price is gonna be too much or its gonna be something the Bulls might not want to part with (but fans/sportswriters might feel otherwise).

Quote:
With the current roster, they won't be above .500 for another 2 years, and by that time, there's no telling how those players will develop or even if they will still be in Memphis by that time.

Memphis might be targetting another lottery prospect in 2008 PLUS the free agency bonanza that will take place. The FA crop is rich for teams with money to burn. Last I check Gasol is the only serious bread winner. However the one minor holdup is Brian Cardinal. Its disturbing how much he will make not only this season but the next 2. Money wasted.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:11 AM   #69
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Faux Pau: Pax says it ain't so
Calls story about recent talks with Grizz a fabrication

July 5, 2007
BY BRIAN HANLEY bhanley@suntimes.com
Bulls general manager John Paxson said he has had no recent talks with the Grizzlies concerning a trade for Pau Gasol.

A newspaper report Wednesday suggested such talk was at ''the preliminary stages,'' which Paxson flatly denied.

''I have not had one conversation concerning Gasol,'' said Paxson, who called the story -- which floated a deal of Andres Nocioni, Joakim Noah, Chris Duhon and other considerations for the 7-foot Grizzlies forward -- ''a complete fabrication.''

The Grizzlies, who offered Gasol to the Bulls before the trade deadline last season, are very interested in Nocioni.

General manager Chris Wallace flew to Argentina to make a personal pitch to the restricted free agent.

Paxson has said his desire is to re-sign Nocioni and has vowed to match any offer sheet he signs. Teams cannot sign free agents until next Wednesday, when the NBA sets the salary cap for next season, expected to be about $56million.

There you go...
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:17 PM   #70
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I will say this, if the Bulls did trade for Gasol, with Chris Wallace in charge you never know what will happen. I imagine he could be convinved to trade Gasol without getting Deng back.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:09 PM   #71
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
There you go...

GOBB KNOWS!!! I love it.

Showtime = destroyed. Game over...please insert 25 cents to play again.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: