Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What the hell is this google plus bullsh*t taking over my Youtube channel!?

Just got a notification today that I will no longer be notified when people comment on my Youtube channel because of some dumbass new "Google+" modification. These types of random annoying, unavoidable, and unwelcomed changes have been going on the past 6 months or so, 'Google +' has been f*cking up the way Youtube operates and is making the management of my channel more and more difficult anybody else pissed and confused with what is going on or is it just me!?

Banned

Default Re: What the hell is this google plus bullsh*t taking over my Youtube channel!?

Google is like big brother now. I was trying to sign up for Linkedin and they tried to import all my contacts to link me with them.

There is no getting around it. YT and Google are the same crap so be careful what videos you watch or like because it will show up on your YT profile. I wouldn't be surprised that it shows in other places too.

There is no more hiding. I find that I need multiple email addresses to filter out the crap that's going on.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Default Re: What the hell is this google plus bullsh*t taking over my Youtube channel!?

I agree.

I kept getting pop ups that wouldn't go away. It's like they're FORCING you to join.

Banned

I agree Google is gettin way too all up in my shit.

Gonna start avoiding anything Google related as much as I can. Youtube is really the only thing that makes it hard to avoid google altogether for me. But we'll see.

Banned

I never use Gmail for these purposes. Facebook has made the internet become real life and Google is trying to follow suit. I can't even do certain things until I sign into my YT account. In order to do that I have sign into my Google account.

All I had to do up until today was visit my Youtube Inbox to see what activity was done on my channel. This helps me prevent spam activity etc - because I catch it and remove it. It also helps me interact with my subscribers and people who leave comments. I'm very PRO-ACTIVE with my YT channel. But if you note the orange box that just popped up:

Now basically what does that even mean? Does it mean I now have no f*cking way of knowing who is leaving what kind of comments, when, and where on my channel!? This is their 'explanation':

I just want to log in to YOUTUBE to manage my YOUTUBE sh*t - not GOOGLE SH8THOLE PLUS

Banned

I gave up a long time ago. I comment on YT videos and got people mad that they will have a conversation with me on it.

I gave all that up when my YT inbox doesn't notify me anymore. I have noticed this and stopped commenting.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Hate that you can't access pms or comments as well. Up until last week we couldn't even edit our username. You're FORCED to go to google plus account to make some changes.

They're shoving their services down our throats.

A couple days ago I was browsing the news online and I noticed an article "Google Plus sees a membership increase of 57%" I knew they had somehow inorganically increased their members.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Hate that you can't access pms or comments as well. Up until last week we couldn't even edit our username. You're FORCED to go to google plus account to make some changes.

They're shoving their services down our throats.
    What are the other video uploading options available at the moment? I'm seriously considering moving the Wilt Chamberlain Archive to a new video upload service. One that is far less intrusive and annoying even if I have to re-upload everything by scratch and loose all my subscribers. Google plus is pissing me off that much that I don't want Youtube anymore. I keep my online basketball video channel SEPARATE from the rest of my online activity. I don't want google plus mixing everything together. I've been fighting with it to 'change to my (real life) name' from WCA ever since that dumb update came into existence too. Google is trying to link-up everything.
    Last edited by CavaliersFTW; 11-06-2013 at 09:27 PM.

Banned

I have 2 YT accounts so that means I have 2 Gmail accounts. I was trying to join LinkedIN with my fake account and proceeded to use it. Then all of a sudden it used my real account with my contacts.

I was like WTF!

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I have 2 YT accounts so that means I have 2 Gmail accounts. I was trying to join LinkedIN with my fake account and proceeded to use it. Then all of a sudden it used my real account with my contacts.

I was like WTF!
    Yeah I have 2 Gmail/Youtube accounts too. One for personal use, the other is my Wilt Chamberlain Archive channel. But even the one for personal use I don't want connected with my name. I want NONE of it connected with my name. Google seems to think my life should be connected and unified for everyone to see publicly. Picasa has also become f*cked up in this tangled mess of multiple accounts being unified together.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    I just want to log in to YOUTUBE to manage my YOUTUBE sh*t - not GOOGLE SH8THOLE PLUS
    I ended up making a bogus gmail account. I don't want my YouTube and gmail/Google+ (not that I used +) anywhere near each other.

I don't know when they did this, but they recently automatically signed you into the gmail account that was connected to your Youtube account whenever you signed into Youtube. Shit is annoying.

Also, I don't like the way the comments are arranged right now.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by CavaliersFTW
    Just got a notification today that I will no longer be notified when people comment on my Youtube channel because of some dumbass new "Google+" modification. These types of random annoying, unavoidable, and unwelcomed changes have been going on the past 6 months or so, 'Google +' has been f*cking up the way Youtube operates and is making the management of my channel more and more difficult anybody else pissed and confused with what is going on or is it just me!?
    Glad to see this topic pop up here. I was just trying to wade through the same mess. Where exactly will I see my comment notifications now? I just want to handle my YouTube business from YouTube, not through an intermediary.