Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: :(

Default :(

just

Default Re: :(

Time to start looking for options for the post Rose era....dude just can't stay healthy.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    Time to start looking for options for the post Rose era....dude just can't stay healthy.
    Trade Deng now!!!

I'm beside myself. I hate to see this happen to Derrick. This is a huge blow to Bulls basketball, but I have faith that we will keep it as competitive as possible while we figure things out.

I'm beside myself. I hate to see this happen to Derrick. This is a huge blow to Bulls basketball, but I have faith that we will keep it as competitive as possible while we figure things out.
    Since he's done for the year now, there better be some goddamn tanking. There's no point keeping anyone beyond Jimmy, and Noah. Not a title contender, and there's a good draft, and with the way the bobcats are playing we could wind up with some typical "fair" draft selections that are actually good in this draft.

A torn meniscus at least isn't as serious as an ACL, but damn. I can't believe this happened to him.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Wow. I have to give you credit for that one. I thought you would be the first to go "OMG! But he's from Chicago so we should give him a pass for always being hurt!".

You're right though. The Rose era is done. I'd wait until he's a little healthy again and trade him. Or trade him now. I'm sure there are teams that would give up something for him hoping he would come back healthy.

Trade as many players as the Bulls can, get some good picks in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Wow. I have to give you credit for that one. I thought you would be the first to go "OMG! But he's from Chicago so we should give him a pass for always being hurt!".

You're right though. The Rose era is done. I'd wait until he's a little healthy again and trade him. Or trade him now. I'm sure there are teams that would give up something for him hoping he would come back healthy.

Trade as many players as the Bulls can, get some good picks in the draft.
    STFU.

There is no "pass." He has given it his all but major injuries to both knees is going to make it almost impossible for him to carry a franchise.

The odds are not in his favor and our defensive philosophy is nice but we need to get scoring and look for permanent options for scoring [and overall talent] because Rose has proven to be injury prone.

It's just logic.

This organization is poorly run or else they would have brought in another star player to play alongside Rose once they saw how good Rose was and how other teams were stacking up. If Rose does come back from all this and can stay healthy this team needs to make some major changes. They should really should trade for Kevin Love or go after Carmelo Anthony in the offseason.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Rose was pretty healthy during his first three years but after the MVP he was starting to get hurt pretty often.

But trading him? The heart and soul of Chicago? I don't know man. We've had so much misery after MJ left that I can't see this city go through rebuilding years. But giving us flexibility and adding another star during the offseason should be the Front Office' mentality.

We should use the assets we have and get rid of any big contracts so that we can be as competitive as fast as possible. Trade Deng for something instead of losing him for nothing. Trade/Amnesty Boozer. And focus with Butler and Noah. And keep Taj also. Do something with Mirotic. If he's not coming next year then trade him.

Get Kevin Love. I want him here. He is the type of player that could thrive here and he needs to be in a winning culture. I know Minny is good this year but in the East he does have a higher chance to get farther in the playoffs.

I think it's worthy noting that a meniscus tear isn't horrible. It's by no means good, especially given his other knee. But it's not like he's gonna be shit now. The athleticism was still there, and should probably still be there after this surgery.

Local High School Star TheReturn's Avatar

Stick with the course. I still have faith in Rose.

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheReturn
    Stick with the course. I still have faith in Rose.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose
    I think it's worthy noting that a meniscus tear isn't horrible. It's by no means good, especially given his other knee. But it's not like he's gonna be shit now. The athleticism was still there, and should probably still be there after this surgery.
    Except for when he comes back again and gets injured after a month.

He's not smart enough to lead a team. He only relies on his pure athleticism. He's too stubborn or stupid to change his game.

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    Except for when he comes back again and gets injured after a month.

He's not smart enough to lead a team. He only relies on his pure athleticism. He's too stubborn or stupid to change his game.

Watch the Bulls next game. The first two quarters are gonna feature nice passing, good cutting, an occasional post up mixed in etc. Until they get blown out at which point they quit like they did against the Clippers.

When Rose was healthy at least 3 quarters of it the team was standing around waiting for him to do something. Set them up, score, draw the defense away, swing the ball around the arc. It's night and day. NONE of the guys want to score when he's on the court, it's like watching the 2010 Heat again. No movement, no motion, just ISO. But the bench often times would get us back into games, or expand on the lead (even the Portland game was an example of this before he got injured)

It's obvious the Upgrayyed has never played basketball in his life.