Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1118192021222324 LastLast

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

Quote Originally Posted by LakersReign
    @this pathetic trying way too hard moron(red1)

You who, believe ANY b.s. rrr3 spouts and repeats it like a pathetic parrot, is trying to lecture people on objectivity. Keeping in mind, rrr3 has never proven anything other than he(rrr3) clearly MADE ALL THAT UP

You're(red1) absolutely right. Never bother to claim objectivity in discussions again when you're(red1) OBVIOUS such a brainless moron(red1)
    and you. You are just hopeless, I won't even try

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Default Re: Kobe Bryant: "Nobody has won more championships than me in my entire generation."

A**clown(red1) please

You're(red1) yet another lyin SOS(red1) who supposedly has me on their "ignore list" while yet still feeling COMPELLED to respond to me anyway, for some strange reason. STFU and go sit your ret**ded a** down somewhere
    Last edited by LakersReign; 10-05-2012 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Why are you still denying that kobe is your favorite player in the leauge? I am not attacking you for your fanhood, I honestly have nothing against kobe, homie is a baller and I will personally catch all of this years lakers games. The problem comes when you act like you are an objective poster but end up posting all of this retarded shit that noone wants to read, jokes that are not funny, commentary that is not insightful .

Everything that you post is just spiteful and childish, all you do is try to annoy people. And I am calling you out for it because you are the opposite of a good poster and I would in fact be happier if you would just GTFO and stop posting. If you are going to continue to troll then at least be funny.
    Why do I need to admit something that is not true? I do speak for Kobe, that's true, but that's more because the lebron fans/kobe haters are annoying.

As for you finding me annoying, how about it's because I speak the truth and criticize your favorite player, Lebron, and you don't like it? Simple as that? If I was another blind lebron fan like pauk and rrr3, i'm sure you'll like me.

Quote Originally Posted by baller562
    So your conclusion for this hypothetical situation, was using hypothetical evidence.... nice. All I know is what happened, first he DID win 3 championships in a row.... and second he DID win 2 more championships as the primary option. That's what the history books will remember and that's what I observed. Its really pointless of arguing IF he didn't have Shaq, lakers would never have made the finals... IF he didn't play in a league that was blah blah...
    What was hypothetical about what I said? I just pointed out the makeup of the league was different from '08-'10. What you said...that's what we all should remember. Kobe was the best or second best player in the NBA from '08-'10. My point was, he didn't need Shaq anymore.

I'm not having this argument anymore because I've done it over and over. All I try to do is put things into context. Just because Shaq didn't win without Kobe doesn't mean he couldn't win without Kobe when you actually put his career - as a whole - in context.

For all I know you're an alt account of one of these other Kobe fanboys I've gotten into this very same argument with before. 50 posts in 5 years....something smells fishy.

Lebronyte Kryptonite

Crazed fighting removed
    Last edited by insidehoops; 10-05-2012 at 05:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG215
    What was hypothetical about what I said? I just pointed out the makeup of the league was different from '08-'10. What you said...that's what we all should remember. Kobe was the best or second best player in the NBA from '08-'10. My point was, he didn't need Shaq anymore.

I'm not having this argument anymore because I've done it over and over. All I try to do is put things into context. Just because Shaq didn't win without Kobe doesn't mean he couldn't win without Kobe when you actually put his career - as a whole - in context.
    Pretty much. In simple terms:

Shaq could and did get far in the playoffs/win titles with good/great wing players.

Kobe could and did get far in the playoffs/win titles with good/great big men.

Quote Originally Posted by ripthekik
    I'm not a fan, but I can't talk for the guy? So I can't talk about any team/player other than my own then? WTF? I can't express appreciation for a player that's in the NBA for 16 seasons and having watched him for all these years?
    That's a huge steaming pile of bullshit. You defend Kobe and, most of the time, in the same delusional manner as the most ignorant Kobe stans on ISH.

You're also a major LeBron detractor. Just in the last few days I've seen you post in multiple threads about LeBron's legacy being ruined and permanently damaged because he left Cleveland to team up with Wade and Bosh.

Why do I need to admit something that is not true? I do speak for Kobe, that's true, but that's more because the lebron fans/kobe haters are annoying.

As for you finding me annoying, how about it's because I speak the truth and criticize your favorite player, Lebron, and you don't like it? Simple as that? If I was another blind lebron fan like pauk and rrr3, i'm sure you'll like me.
    Yea we have differing views but its not that, kennethgriffin is a clown just like you, even more over the top but he posts some funny shit. I don't like your posts mang thats all, you are like phong just a spiteful hateful ass immature n*gga. Would you just gtfo please?

Quote Originally Posted by Legends66NBA7
    Pretty much. In simple terms:

Shaq could and did get far in the playoffs/win titles with good/great wing players.

Kobe could and did get far in the playoffs/win titles with good/great big men.
    That's a much better way of putting it.

That's a huge steaming pile of bullshit. You defend Kobe and, most of the time, in the same delusional manner as the most ignorant Kobe stans on ISH.

You're also a major LeBron detractor. Just in the last few days I've seen you post in multiple threads about LeBron's legacy being ruined and permanently damaged because he left Cleveland to team up with Wade and Bosh.
    I defend Kobe because the ones attacking him are these Lebron fans.
    I criticize Lebron, yes, that's no secret to anyone on these boards, and I won't deny that.

Quote Originally Posted by red1
    Yea we have differing views but its not that, kennethgriffin is a clown just like you, even more over the top but he posts some funny shit. I don't like your posts mang thats all, you are like phong just a spiteful hateful ass immature n*gga. Would you just gtfo please?
    You know why you like kenneth and not me? Because the stuff he posts is so outrageous that it's actually kind of funny. Why do you dislike my posts? Because they actually have an element of truth to them, the ugly truth about your favorite player, and that stings you. Well, what can i do?

Samurai Swoosh

What was hypothetical about what I said? I just pointed out the makeup of the league was different from '08-'10
    I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.

Do you agree?

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23
    I think there was one super team from 2008 - 2010, that being the Celtics. They didn't dominate in 2009 because of KG being injured, but I really think that team is what set this whole chain of events into motion.

I think the Lakers even more stacked roster in 2010 compared to 2009 also sparked the birth of the "superteam era" ...

Think about it, LeBron and Wade had no chance of getting past the Celtics with the rosters they had. They couldn't even get out of the ECF, and then they saw out in the WCF when Kobe got gifted Gasol in 2008 for nothing, then they added a healthy Bynum and snagged Ron Artest, with Lamar Odom being their 6th man.

They had no choice but to respond with escalation by teaming up. And it's probably a good thing they did given OKC's evolution, and the now current Lakers super team.

Do you agree?
    This definitely was running through minds of the 2010 free agents. The nba was literally a two team league. Could you imagine the 2010 cavs going up against the 2013 lakers? This is also one of the reasons why the 2011 mavs team deserves more props.

Learning to shoot layups

For all I know you're an alt account of one of these other Kobe fanboys I've gotten into this very same argument with before. 50 posts in 5 years....something smells fishy.
    Yeah obviously I haven't posted much.... I made an account initially years ago and haven't really been active. Well I am a die-hard Laker fan since I moved here from Australia in the mid 90's... my favorite player was Eddie Jones so I actually hated Kobe when he was first drafted since he was taking my fav players playing time. Everything you said about Shaq is the same for Kobe.... both of them proved that they can win without each other.

I defend Kobe because the ones attacking him are these Lebron fans.
    I criticize Lebron, yes, that's no secret to anyone on these boards, and I won't deny that.

You know why you like kenneth and not me? Because the stuff he posts is so outrageous that it's actually kind of funny. Why do you dislike my posts? Because they actually have an element of truth to them, the ugly truth about your favorite player, and that stings you. Well, what can i do?
    You couldn't be more wrong homie, the problem is that your posts are LACKING any element of the truth. And what can you do? You can start being more objective or you can GTFO

Quote Originally Posted by Money 23

Do you agree?
    I agree to an extent, yes. What I was trying to say is that the main contenders from '08-'10 weren't that talented at the top. You compare the Lakers duo of Kobe and Gasol to the two best players of the other contenders other than a healthy Celtics team, and the Lakers have the best 1-2 by a pretty wide margin and their #3 (Odom) was pretty comparable to their #3 as well. The other teams, though, made up most of the gap with the rest of their supporting cast. And before someone jumps on me about hating on Kobe, I'm not trying take away from his championships. Yes, those Lakers tams with he and Gasol were one of the best teams in the league '09 and '10, but they weren't lapping the field in talent or anything.

But yes, the Celtics (when healthy) were a superteam and I think they showed they were clearly better than the Lakers in 2008. Obviously 2009 doesn't really count because Garnett got hurt in February and they were a completely different team without him. 2010 was strange because they entered the playoffs as the 4-seed. No one was really giving them much of a chance to make a run. Maybe a tough second round series, but that's about it. Even when they beat the Cavs in the second round,, there was a bunch of people accrediting that to LeBron "quitting" and not the Celtics play. It wasn't until they got to the Finals you felt maybe they really could win one more championship together, and even then, I didn't feel great about their chances against the defending champs.

Anyway, back to your question. I do feel the KG/Pierce/Allen Celtics spurred the "superteam" era. I wasn't and I'm still not one of those that was happy with LeBron's decision. I don't think the only reason he decided to join Wade and Bosh in Miami was because of Boston. I think it was that coupled with him coming to the realization he probably wasn't ever going to get enough hep in Cleveland. I don't care how good you are as an individual and how deep your team is, it's really hard to win when your best teammate is Mo Williams.

I don't really thin he thought he couldn't get past the Celtics - specifically - after the 2010 playoffs because, even then, the Celtics were already considered old and on their last legs. I just think he realized what he had in Cleveland wasn't going to get it done. I still wish he had gone somewhere like Chicago to team up with Rose or New York, but he didn't.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't relish in his miserable 2011 Finals performance. However, after his dominating 2012 season and playoffs, I am much more forgiving. People can say he had to have Wade and Bosh to win it all and knock him all they want, but his performance in the playoffs kind of negates that in my opinion. He was far-and-away the best player in the league last year and this is coming from a huge Durant/OKC fan.