Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Default Re: 14 Durant vs 06 Kobe

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    ya. i remember kobe wrecking 04 pistons and 08 celtics.

You know what I meant. Those two teams were super accelerated versions of the Memphis team that ate Durant up. And better defensive teams than hes ever seen.

Undefeated

Quote Originally Posted by tpols

You know what I meant. Those two teams were super accelerated versions of the Memphis team that ate Durant up. And better defensive teams than hes ever seen.
    30 on 45% is "ate up" in Durant's world I guess.

For Kobe, that's a fantastic series. For Durant, it's "ate up"

Being the best means having the highest standards. They won the series btw for you rookie NBA fans. THEY WON THE SERIES.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KiiiiNG
    30 on 45% is "ate up" in Durant's world I guess.

For Kobe, that's a fantastic series. For Durant, it's "ate up"

Being the best means having the highest standards. They won the series btw for you rookie NBA fans. THEY WON THE SERIES.
    FG does not rule me like it does you. Eye test.. just like the 2012 Finals.

I still remember game 1.. I remember actually feeling bad for Lebron, despite being a hater of him. Durant just showcased his superior clutch shooting ability.. and I thought the series would be quick work.

Rest of the series bron just lowered his head and preyed on kd's lack of strength and physicality.. few cheap calls in there but it be came very apparent that a 220lb guy spread over 6'11 couldn't guard a 260+ lb guy spread over less area. He got tossed..

Look back at the stats and you'll see some type of great performance. Watch the games its a whole different story. Never saw the impact the stats would suggest.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Kobe:

35/5/5 56% TS

Durant:

32/7/6 63% TS

Two of the best individual seasons in the last decade, who had the more dominant season without looking at team wins?
    You answered your own question when you posted their numbers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    kd was guarded by cp3 because he doesn't have a post game
    That worked out real well for the Clippers, Durant only averaged 33/10/5 61ts% that series

Quote Originally Posted by PsychoBe
    kd was guarded by cp3 because he doesn't have a post game
    The CP3 thing has gotten blown out of proportion. Did it work for one quarter of one game that the Thunder lost? Yes, extremely well. But for whatever reason people seem to overlook the fact that Durant mostly adjusted and had no problem scoring on and playing off of CP3 guarding him the rest of the series. Not every time, no, CP3 still got into and under Durant enough to frustrate him, but he was not nearly as effective the rest of the series when he guarded Durant.

Quote Originally Posted by The Immortal
    This board is comical... Kobe and it isn't even close. Unreal season from an individual standpoint that will be remembered for the ages. Durant? Good young player but we're talking about peak Kobe here.

Lets not forget that this same Durant gets locked up by the likes of Chris Paul, washed up Artest.. past prime Tony Allen.. guys he should be fooding. At 6ft 11 he has no post-up game to speak of and gets bodied up by midgets.. In contrast to Kobe - the ultimate package/perfection of a player from a skill standpoint. Dumb thread.
    Stfu....you're the worst poster on this forum...KD putting up a 32/7/6 on a 63% TS doesn't make him a good young player...it makes him elite....

KD lost to a historically great Spurs team....that very team then ripped LeBron and the Heat a new a****le

Reg season : 32/7/6
    PO's : 30/9/4

-stats say Durant
    -Advanced stats say Durant
    -shooting effeciency say Durant
    -PER say Durant
    -more wins say Durant

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

This board is comical... Kobe and it isn't even close. Unreal season from an individual standpoint that will be remembered for the ages. Durant? Good young player but we're talking about peak Kobe here.

Lets not forget that this same Durant gets locked up by the likes of Chris Paul, washed up Artest.. past prime Tony Allen.. guys he should be fooding. At 6ft 11 he has no post-up game to speak of and gets bodied up by midgets.. In contrast to Kobe - the ultimate package/perfection of a player from a skill standpoint. Dumb thread.
    Bro normally I like your posts, but acting like these two seasons aren't comparable at all is just

Banned

Bu-bu-but kobe fade-away bro

So clutch bro

LMAO

kobe boys exposed

and

Saying "Kobe and it isn't even close" is all kinds of stupid. At the very least it's debatable.