Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 05-02-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far
Default Mario Chalmers!!!

I went to highschool with this kid and all he does is win. He was a winner in highschool and in college hit that 3 to send Kansas into overtime. I think he would be a good fit for the bulls. Hes a great 3pt shooter, passer, and plays D. He would probably be a late 1st or early 2nd round pick. Trust me this kid can ball. B-Town!!! Bartlett Bears Basketball Baby!!!
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:43 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Mario Chalmers!!!

What position does he play?
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:55 PM   #3
ILballa
Hemp Coach

ILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation hereILballa has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConanRulesNBC
point guard
ILballa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:21 AM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

How do you not know who Mario Chalmers is? He wasn't just ALL over every sports magazine's front cover in April for hitting "The Shot."

What people don't know is he has nailed that shot to help win a few more games - the kid is clutch.

Only thing is, he didn't sign an agent, so there is a REAL good chance that he won't keep his name in - and will return for his senior year and be a possible lottery pick next year because really, their would only be a few point guards in the nation who would be better prospects than him in next years draft.

Think a Jaque Vaughn type of defense, with possibly the most consistant 3 point shot out of ANYONE in this years draft. (Chris Lofton would give him a run if he was hot) - but Chalmers has won many 3 point contests.

Maybe next year though. I don't see him comming back.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 09:35 AM   #5
DwadeOverLebron
High School Varsity 6th Man

DwadeOverLebron has an OK reputation so far

huh?

your from alaska?

didn't think there would be bulls fans in alaska

chalmers is good, even last year he was good, he won't be a lottery pick next year NOWAY! his best bet is comin out this year no doubt about it, he might be a late 1st round pick, but most likely get drafted 2nd round early to mid 2nd round, the bullies don't need him, he's actually very similar to chris duhon with a better shot, but not in terms of traditional pg play, if we get rid of duhon somehow than it might be a good idea to pick him up if he's available in the 2nd round

its inevitable that the bulls are going to make trades, im in big favor of getting 2nd round picks, even late 2nd round picks are good, i actually really really like alot of the kansas players... i wouldn't mind any of them on the bulls, i really like darrel arthur, but i highly doubt we'll get him, but i really really like shasha kahn, we might be able to get him 2nd round, i'll rather draft sasha kahn than mario chalmers, DAM kansas is such a good squad, i had them winning it last year also

alaskans got GAME!
DwadeOverLebron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 07:20 PM   #6
AirGordon7
Decent playground baller

AirGordon7 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
huh?

your from alaska?

chalmers is good, even last year he was good, he won't be a lottery pick next year NOWAY! his best bet is comin out this year no doubt about it, he might be a late 1st round pick, but most likely get drafted 2nd round early to mid 2nd round, the bullies don't need him, he's actually very similar to chris duhon with a better shot, but not in terms of traditional pg play, if we get rid of duhon somehow than it might be a good idea to pick him up if he's available in the 2nd round

its inevitable that the bulls are going to make trades, im in big favor of getting 2nd round picks, even late 2nd round picks are good, i actually really really like alot of the kansas players... i wouldn't mind any of them on the bulls, i really like darrel arthur, but i highly doubt we'll get him, but i really really like shasha kahn, we might be able to get him 2nd round, i'll rather draft sasha kahn than mario chalmers, DAM kansas is such a good squad, i had them winning it last year also

alaskans got GAME!
Yeah im from Alaska

im like the biggest bulls fan up here

most basketball fans up here are just ride bandwagons and my dads from boston so hes a celtics fan so i dont really have anyone to talk to about bulls basketball.

Chalmers would sumtimes come down to the gym during lunch and school us freshmen.
AirGordon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 02:01 PM   #7
buechlerforthree
I brick open layups

buechlerforthree has no real reputation yet.

Quote:

Yikes.
buechlerforthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 08:02 PM   #8
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwadeOverLebron
huh?

your from alaska?

alaskans got GAME!

Chalmers would be a senior next year if he comes back - he would have to play a larger role and could really up his stock, which right now is likely second round because of all the great point guards and freshmen in this years draft.

You obviously have little knowledge about the rules of the draft and college. He declared, and he hasn't declared any time before, which means if he doesn't like what scouts are telling him, he can return for his senior season. If you get drafted in the second round of the NBA draft, you are NOT going to have a contract waiting for you - most likely you will get a small contract that lasts a few years and for the first couple you will be in the D-League. Chalmers would be smart to return for his final year at Kansas, it's smart that he is going to the workouts though so the teams can let him know what they want him to work on next season. Chalmers could easily be a lottory pick next season.

As for Arthur, Chicago has the 9th pick. Arthur will likely be there, but the only reason to draft him is if we get rid of Tyrus Thomas. Noah, Gray, Gooden and Thomas are the 4 main bigs - no need to add another one in there unless Thomas is traded.

As for Kaun, he will be a very solid backup center for the next 10 years. It wouldn't be a bad second round pick, but Gray would likely be seeing an exit.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: