Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-04-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Blockbuster...help needed!

I would deal Pau Gasol, Okafor and Jax.....receive Amare and Lamarcus. I have JR Smith on my bench ready to start.

Gasol/Okafor/Jax vs Amare/Lamarcus/JRSmith

Thoughts?
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:37 AM   #2
benJAMin
Slap 'em with silence

benJAMin has decent reputationbenJAMin has decent reputation
Default Re: Blockbuster...help needed!

I guess its how much you want Amare. My initial reaction was that you're giving up too much, but its a keeper league so you have to factor in keeping Amare. I'm not as high on JR just yet though until I see what happens in Denver, and I dont like what Lamarcus stands to lose if Oden works out the kinks. Pau is showing he can perform with Bynum, Okafor is 10 boards and 2 blocks per with great fg%, and SJax is going to be a beast in GS.

You win fg% big, ft% and maybe points. You lose boards, assists, and maybe steals and blocks slightly?

Tell me again the rest of your team and how this would fit them and what cats you're doing well in/needing?
benJAMin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:51 AM   #3
statman32
NBA Legend

statman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterstatman32 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I would do it.

You dont have to worry about Aldridge getting shots. Oden will not be anything more than a 10-12 ppg guy in his 1st year. I cant really see his rebounds going down any lower and his fg% should go up with a post prescence, although Aldridge has been shooting from way too far out this year which is risky.

Pau Gasols points should go way down this year. He will still be efficient but I think they limit his minutes and he has another scoring threat down low to share the ball with.

Its pretty much a top 3 guy/4th rounder for a high 3rd rounder/4th rounder/5th rounder.
statman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:33 PM   #4
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

The only problem I have with this trade is S Jax. Think he makes the deal too expensive for you. I'd rather see a player like Salmons or Rip as the third in the deal. Jax is a hefty price to pay.

That being said. It's not a terrible trade for you.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 12:37 PM   #5
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

The rest of my team is this:

PG Calderon
SG Jax
G Tony Parker
SF Mike Miller
PF Dirk
F Gasol
C Kaman
C Okafor
Util Big Z
Util Crawford
Util RJ

BEN JR Smith
BEN CVill
BEN Haslem

Jax is killing my FG and TOs. I too worry about Gasol on a stacked team. Removing Okafor's FT% would make me huge in that category.

All of my bench I think should start on fantasy teams....so trying to do a 2 for 1 or 3 for 2 seems smart. The owner won't do it with Crawford.

I would worry about dimes....a lot. So I would look to move RJ or Crawford for a PG. Worry some about bds too, with Dirk getting nonw. All this is assuming the other owner accepts...we're just in initial trade talk stages.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:14 PM   #6
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

I would make the deal. I don't think you lose that much and I didn't like Cap. Jack that much coming into this season anyways. The dude will keep chucking as he already has been this season, which isn't really a good thing for FG%. He's also handling the ball more without Ellis or any other legit PG on that squad so his TO numbers might be even higher than they have been before. You're getting back Amare who is easily a top 5 option this season IMHO and JR Smith seems like he will be put into the starting rotation. I'm also an Aldridge fan so I don't think you lose that much between having him as opposed to Okafor. I would also factor in the injury factor here with Okafor (never been healthy). Gasol isn't gonna get as much run this season either with the Lakers blowing out 2 out of every 3 teams they face, and his numbers also dip a bit with all the talented options they've got. And then if this is also a keeper league, you've got a no-brainer one coming in with Amare.

All in all, I think you do this trade and then maybe move a guy like Kaman or Z for a steals guy
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 02:21 PM   #7
RapsFan
Great college starter

Thanks for the info.

I am tanking steals....so my next target would be some dimes.

The deal is on the table....including me giving up RJ and getting Brad Miller. Not sure if I like that last part of not.
Old 11-04-2008, 02:58 PM   #8
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapsFan
Thanks for the info.

I am tanking steals....so my next target would be some dimes.

The deal is on the table....including me giving up RJ and getting Brad Miller. Not sure if I like that last part of not.

I'd still do it. RJ or Miller could be moved for that PG that you're seeking. Also, Miller gets good assists for a big man, probably just as good, if not better than RJ
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 08:53 PM   #9
zass
Decent playground baller

zass has not been impressing people

i would do it,
having a first rounder without giving up your own first rounder always works in my book
zass is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: