Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: Chris Andersen to re-up with the Nuggets (5 yrs/$25 Mil)

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    And if he fails that drug test and is not allowed to play he doesn't get his money, so how are the Nuggets going to regret this again?
    If Birdman fails another drug test then he's done in the NBA and that includes his NBA checks, the Nuggets just gave him a 5 year contract knowing he has been in trouble off the court with drugs then they turn around and give him a 5 year deal?...a 3 year deal would have been good but 5 years is way to much plus nobody knows how Birdman is gonna play after getting the BIG contract.

Saw a basketball once

Yes, 5 years is a lot, but people need to remember that this guy has relatively fresh legs.

Missing 2 years will add some extra time to his career. This is a solid contract for a very good backup big.

Birdman age isnt that relevant giving how much time he missed. I can understand the argument over the length. I can understand the argument over the amount. But I understand why and really? His contract is on par for how teams usually spend. Rarely will you see a deal where fans say "Thats right". If Denver didnt give him this another team would have.

7-time NBA All-Star OneMoreSucka's Avatar

Lol@ this being stickied when nothing has been confirmed.

New Uni's 2010-2011 New Jazzy Nets's Avatar

lets say he does get banned, is his contract still on the books or how does that work?

Quote Originally Posted by New Jazzy Nets
    lets say he does get banned, is his contract still on the books or how does that work?
    He's not going to get banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Birdman age isnt that relevant giving how much time he missed. I can understand the argument over the length. I can understand the argument over the amount. But I understand why and really? His contract is on par for how teams usually spend. Rarely will you see a deal where fans say "Thats right". If Denver didnt give him this another team would have.
    George Karl works his magic again with second level bigs.

Karl worked with Ervin Johnson, who went from being mediocre to being a top defender in his prime.

Now Karl has gotten Chris Anderson to play defense and rebound at a high level.

This is a good move by the Nuggets, because now they can pursue a trade of Nene or K-Mart and not have to worry about getting the same caliber of big in return.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkfan
    George Karl works his magic again with second level bigs.

Karl worked with Ervin Johnson, who went from being mediocre to being a top defender in his prime.

Now Karl has gotten Chris Anderson to play defense and rebound at a high level.

This is a good move by the Nuggets, because now they can pursue a trade of Nene or K-Mart and not have to worry about getting the same caliber of big in return.
    Everything you said was ridiculous. Karl GOT Bird to play D? Are you kidding me? And they will not be able to trade Kmart because of his contract and why the hell would they trade the best offensive big on the team who's only 26 years old and had a career year just last year?

Stop talking. ****.

If Birdman fails another drug test then he's done in the NBA and that includes his NBA checks, the Nuggets just gave him a 5 year contract knowing he has been in trouble off the court with drugs then they turn around and give him a 5 year deal?...a 3 year deal would have been good but 5 years is way to much plus nobody knows how Birdman is gonna play after getting the BIG contract.
    another reason why the system is massively flawed. Why should athletes such as Birdman and that RB for Miami miss chunks of their career just because they smoke marijuana on occasion?

thc stays in your system the longest out of any drug. Could take up to a month for someone to get clean off pot. Coke and other drugs take a maximum for 2-3 days to get out. Thats why someone like LT who had a massive coke problem never piss tested himself out of the league.

I am your soldier!

Quote Originally Posted by triangleoffense
    another reason why the system is massively flawed. Why should athletes such as Birdman and that RB for Miami miss chunks of their career just because they smoke marijuana on occasion?
    He was on way worse stuff than pot dude.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Good move had to get the Bird back deal is a little long but he would have gotten it from someone else anyways.

shhhhhhh

good deal for both birdman and the nuggets, he deserved this contract.. the length is fine because the amount is lower.. less than MLE money so he took security over cash...

but like i said good to see him get the contract, not alot of players (in any sport) have been through what he has and comeback from it as strong as he has

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12773201

I'm interested in what the incentives are or how much, because I thought there would have to be some.

As for the number of years, he's not gonna be asked to be a starter for them as in they aren't gonna put too much mileage on him. And he doesn't have that many miles on those legs to begin with. I'd rather it had been 3 years, but 5 ain't killer.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    There should of at least been SOME talk about them doing something this summer. The Nuggets haven't appeared to be fighting hard to keep up with the rest of the league's new additions.
    Because, they've got about 55 mil. locked up on 4 players and I'm pretty sure the Nuggets can't pay Luxury Tax and still make a decent profit. Actually, if this contract is real (which I really doubt with those raises) it'd put them right around the Luxury Tax threshold.

Not every owner is as nuts as Mark Cuban.

He's worth it.

Guy was what? 2nd in the NBA in blocks? in what? 26 MPG?

5 years does seem a little long. 3 or 4 years would have seemed more ideal... even if they had to offer a little more per year.