Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 06-28-2008, 05:06 PM   #31
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Free Agents Raptors Can Realistically Sign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by new noise
I'm not an expert on the cap. But can't they also just decide to sign back with their respective teams on a one-year deal and then cash in the next year when inevitably some team has the money to spend, ala what Deshawn Stevenson did a couple years ago?

Seems like a standout player could afford to swallow his pride for a season knowing that he'll be able to play his way into the big contract he wants, rather than settle for locking in to less than what they're worth for 3 or 4 years.

It's a risk though. What if they get injured. But yes, theoretically a player could sign a 1 yr deal and then become a FA the following season, but there would have to be teams available that are under the cap. That is why you see guys often re-signing to their current team. They can always be traded.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2008, 11:35 PM   #32
YaoMing4MVP
I hit open 5-footers

YaoMing4MVP has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good Old Willy
Primoz Brezec? Slovenian. Is a terribly poor basketball player. A complete liabililty and no where near good enough to play on the raptors, even as a 4th backup.

Backup PG? Most everybody knows that Roko Ukic is slated to be the backup PG for the Raptors this year. The 2005 pick has finally completed his contractual obligations in the Spanish League. He's leaving Rome to come here. A third PG is a possibility. To sit on the bench, something from the dollar bin.

ha ha ha, but sometimes you need a goon like Brezec to get into another player's face. He's actually fun to watch when we're up by 20 points with 3 minutes to go. But you're right, the guy's good for nothing.

Yes, I agree, a back up PG would be good now that TJ's gone. Derrick Martin just can't cut it. May I suggest Tyron Lue?
YaoMing4MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #33
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by YaoMing4MVP
ha ha ha, but sometimes you need a goon like Brezec to get into another player's face. He's actually fun to watch when we're up by 20 points with 3 minutes to go. But you're right, the guy's good for nothing.

Yes, I agree, a back up PG would be good now that TJ's gone. Derrick Martin just can't cut it. May I suggest Tyron Lue?

Tyron Lue should be way down on our list.

They are atleast 7 better options.
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 10:47 AM   #34
DoubleTech
NBA lottery pick

DoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected posterDoubleTech is a pretty well-respected poster

Najera is available... would give us some toughness on the wings.
DoubleTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:27 PM   #35
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Najera is an undersized PF more than anything. He wouldn't even beat out Humphries for playing time IMO.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 02:31 PM   #36
RapsFan
Great college starter

RapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected posterRapsFan is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Najera is an undersized PF more than anything. He wouldn't even beat out Humphries for playing time IMO.

I agree. Or he's a smaller, stronger Moon......either way, another 9th man type which we can't have.
RapsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #37
rap08
Can barely lace up my sneakers

rap08 has an OK reputation so far

What about Antoine Wright or Bostjan Nachbar?
rap08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #38
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

Bostjan Nachbar would be perfect in my opinion. He hits his shots and aggressively attacks the rim. I wouldn't mind someone with better defence, but if he is available (given the trade that brought in both Yi and Simmons) I wuold definetly try and get him.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: