Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456
    Banned

Default Re: Do those "all natural" folk really bug you?

Quote Originally Posted by Norcaliblunt
    I'm real deal paleo, not that weak ass eating cooked meat BS. I eat raw meat with my bare hands like a real man. All you processed carb addicted fools who eat nothing but filler and can't stop eating toast are beyatches. The stuff I eat is bloody and all natural as hell, if wimps can't step their game up and wanna hate then fukk'um.
    You're a fakkit bro. You're going to die... soon. Eating the most disgusting things you can find will give you another 5-10 years of arthritic, demented, incontinent life. I'll gladly eat delicious tasting food and drink yummy beer and be happy, instead of looking down on people for what they eat, like a typical north cali a-hole. Enjoy being a stereo-type brah.

   

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I was about to post the same thing. I guess that makes us granola-eating, tree-hugging, hypocrite p*ssies.
    Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    Not trying to throw you specifically under the bus but this is exactly the attitude I get from alot of granolas.
    You said you wanted to post the same thing, how did ALB manage to post it without being snarky about it? It's the people like ALB who I respect who live the life but not have to be overbearing about it.
    well, he's probably talking about a somewhat different situation. like... it sounds like he's eating a smart diet and doesn't proselytise it, but is irked by those who target him anyway.

'that dude eats organic, so he must think he's hot shit. i'm gonna call him a granola, tree-hugging, hippie (with a sneer on my lips).'

btw, is there anyone here who thinks that eating granola is actually a good idea? it's common form is a processed food full of sugars and preservatives, after all.

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Hateraid, I think a lot of the heat you're getting from the others is because of the way supp companies promote their products. You and B-Low are absolutely right. People who fully depend on the supp, thinking that it's the "magic bullet" while leaving everything else needed to attain/maintain a healthy body/self are nuts. Conversely, a lot of people think that way simply because that's how most supplements are advertised - magic bullets. Lose fat fast, get stronger instantly, and get bigger in 5 minutes, complete with before and after pictures where the guy obviously just flexes the shit out of his muscles and puts on his best "I don't give a flying ****" face, are commonplace in all the BB magazines/sites/etc. So I won't AND can't blame you, but I do have some unfavorable words for the ones who make those ads and actually let them slide for the public to see.

That aside, you guys still have the best whey I've ever tried, bar none (even if I don't use whey anymore).
    Thanks bud
    I get why people are so against this industry. Since my days of being a store manager at GNC I've always try to convert the masses to investing into a healthier lifestyle. But they are so convinced of the ads that my personal advice was in one ear, out the other. Then they are the first to come back and try to return the product and declare this industry a sham.
    I get it, ads give us a bad rep, but it is also asset to even get these people into stores. At least it gives the front line of our industry the change to try and educate those who are willing to listen.

If both the skeptics and the fanatics took the word "supplement" literally which is this (directly from the dictionary)
    1. Something added to complete a thing, make up for a deficiency, or extend or strengthen the whole.
    Then maybe everyone would have a clear understanding of what this industry is truly about and those sinister ads would be harmless

An uglier Lamar Doom boozehound's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    well, he's probably talking about a somewhat different situation. like... it sounds like he's eating a smart diet and doesn't proselytise it, but is irked by those who target him anyway.

'that dude eats organic, so he must think he's hot shit. i'm gonna call him a granola, tree-hugging, hippie (with a sneer on my lips).'

btw, is there anyone here who thinks that eating granola is actually a good idea? it's common form is a processed food full of sugars and preservatives, after all.
    right, you came in with a disparaging attitude towards people who eat like this. You cant expect them to not respond with some snark or defensive animosity. Or in a somewhat apologetic way (like ALB).

Think about it like this. If someone started a thread "Do these "asian american" folk really bug you?" or something like that, you are not going to come in with a neutral approach. If the thread title was "what do people think about eating all natural", you would get a more neutral tone. Its all how you word the question/thread title
    Last edited by boozehound; 09-13-2013 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    No one's reading any of that bro.
    Ha, I read all of that bro.

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    If a company uses this symbol on their labels:

That's precisely what I was talking about. If you have only basic knowledge you know that is the only symbol that matters. Apparently Harry is trusting whatever people tell him or write on their package.

Quote Originally Posted by boozehound
    right, you came in with a disparaging attitude towards people who eat like this. You cant expect them to not respond with some snark or defensive animosity. Or in a somewhat apologetic way (like ALB).
    Fair enough, I guess when anyone feels backed into a corner it's either fight or flight

My apologies to bankshot for taking that approach
    Last edited by hateraid; 09-13-2013 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    That's precisely what I was talking about. If you have only basic knowledge you know that is the only symbol that matters. Apparently Harry is trusting whatever people tell him or write on their package.
    It is a certification that is 100% upheld to the very highest standards. I work internally with a couple of companies who have this logo on their labels and there is 100% compliance
    But in Harry's defense there are alot of companies who claim organic through various loopholes.
    For example there's this wine company in California who says organic wine on the label. The wine itself is not made from organic grapes, but the rubber that presses it is organic material.
    That may be a little extreme of an example but there are many companies who use that approach

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Deuces
    Apparently Harry is trusting whatever people tell him or write on their package.
    I have no idea why you would think that. I rarely look at packaging in supermarkets, the only time when it really matters is if a reg and low-fat item have similar packaging.

   

Quote Originally Posted by HarryCallahan
    I have no idea why you would think that. I rarely look at packaging in supermarkets, the only time when it really matters is if a reg and low-fat item have similar packaging.
    wait... what? you're saying there's yet another 'conspiracy' afoot, and we all need to firebomb (or ignore) the FDA?