Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    National High School Star

Default Re: which current player had highest gpa

Quote Originally Posted by Balla_Status
    Shane Battier majored in religion. Come on. That's like a guaranteed 4.0.
    ahha the only way you could fail is to claim atheism

ThaSwagg3r
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.
    The question isn't who is the smartest, it is who has the highest gpa, and a 3.1 is certainly not the highest.

National High School Star Abd El-Krim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bone Machine
    I know Derrick Rose had like a really high SAT score.

I was going to make this joke.

Jeremy lin would be my choice as well.

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ThaSwagg3r
    The question isn't who is the smartest, it is who has the highest gpa, and a 3.1 is certainly not the highest.

technically, you're right but harvard gpa HAS to be weighted more heavily than a higher gpa at a less competitive school

*if it wasn't gut major

Quote Originally Posted by get these NETS
    technically, you're right but harvard gpa HAS to be weighted more heavily than a higher gpa at a less competitive school

*if it wasn't gut major
    why arent most ivy league gpa's inflated?

you can't stop me get these NETS's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    why arent most ivy league gpa's inflated?
    you think they aren't?

not just ivy league..take the most competitive/ hard to get into school in your state...and take the state college/uni.

you don't think a gpa from the first school is weighted more than same gpa from the other one?

Banned

fvck skool.

Im drunk as fvck rite now

Michael Jordan of ISH

High school is a total joke and most are weighted on a 5.0 scale.

Banned

Ya'll are all foolish....it's obviously without question Jeremy Lin. He had a 3.1 at Harvard, but wasn't taking bs classes. He got into Harvard on pure brains, as they don't offer athletic scholarships. He obviously a pretty smart dude, plus he's Asian.
    This.

what'd he major in??

i'm still shocked an asian guy could lead a team to a state championship

Michael Jordan of ISH

They don't offer athletic scholarships, but you're insane if they don't lower their standards for certain athletes and then give them academic scholarships. Obviously they're not going to let someone like Derrick Rose, who couldn't even pass the SAT, in but they don't hold athletes as high as regular students.

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    They don't offer athletic scholarships, but you're insane if they don't lower their standards for certain athletes and then give them academic scholarships. Obviously they're not going to let someone like Derrick Rose, who couldn't even pass the SAT, in but they don't hold athletes as high as regular students.
    this. the standards are no where near the same.

btw...the average gpa at Harvard the last time in 2009 was a 3.48. A 3.1 is like the bottom of the class. Don't compare that to Emeka Okafor's 3.8 from a state school or Matt Bonner's 3.96. Put either one of those guys at Harvard and they do the same thing. Hardest thing about Harvard is getting in.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 06-19-2011 at 01:19 AM.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    this. the standards are no where near the same.

btw...the average gpa at Harvard the last time in 2009 was a 3.48. A 3.1 is like the bottom of the class. Don't compare that to Emeka Okafor's 3.8 from a state school or Matt Bonner's 3.96. Put either one of those guys at Harvard and they do the same thing. Hardest thing about Harvard is getting in.
    You are kidding me right lol? A 3.1 isn't bottom of the class lol. There are a lot of people that don't even graduate, or fail out. Also, the curve at a school like Harvard is a 100x more competitive than at a state school. I know, I transferred from an easier school to a harder school. That 90-100%you are used to getting is now a 75-85. Also, his major was economics at Harvard. Not the type of major you take if you just are trying to skate by and hoop.

Granted he went to school in Palo Alto, so his high school was probably as hard as Harvard lol.

You are kidding me right lol? A 3.1 isn't bottom of the class lol. There are a lot of people that don't even graduate, or fail out. Also, the curve at a school like Harvard is a 100x more competitive than at a state school. I know, I transferred from an easier school to a harder school. That 90-100%you are used to getting is now a 75-85. Also, his major was economics at Harvard. Not the type of major you take if you just are trying to skate by and hoop.

Granted he went to school in Palo Alto, so his high school was probably as hard as Harvard lol.

you are wrong. look it up. i know this isnt undergrad but just for a easy frame of reference ---Harvard Law doesnt even give out real grades anymore. It is either high pass/pass/low pass. Almost everyone gets a pass.

Last edited by IGOTGAME; 06-19-2011 at 01:41 AM.