Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast
    3-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: NBA 2K11 Association Mode

I just had to post this one.

So i decided to do a Miami Heat association to see how many consecutive championships I could win.... my goal was five.

For the record, I simulate pretty much the entire 82-game season, unless my team is in the midst of a 5- to 8-game losing streak where a win would do wonders.... or a decisive game in the playoffs

Anyways, after making some roster adjustments:

Bosh for Bynum/Barnes
    Season-long development of Bynum into a serious force
    Chalmers/Dampier for Brand/1st-round-pick
    Free agent signing of Allen Iverson
    Trash for Rafer Alson
    Other random trades

PG: Iverson/Alston
    SG: Wade/Miller/JodieMeeks
    SF: James/DonteGreen/Jones
    PF: Brand/Haslem
    C: Bynum/Ilgauskus

I ended up in a Game Seven for the NBA Championship at the Rose Garden in Portland, OR, against a Blazers squad that featured the following lineup:

PG: SteveNash/Mills/AntonioDaniels
    SG: Roy/Matthews/Fernandez
    SF: Wallace/GrantHill/Batum
    PF: Aldridge/Babbit
    C: Camby

Game Seven went into three overtimes, where I finally won 149-147

Lebron James: 67 points - 12 boards - 12 dimes - 7 blocks
    Last edited by BankShot; 05-15-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Ray Allen went up to 85 overall.
    Conley got injured for a week.

I can edit Ray Allen and make him 19 years old and keep him for a while.

Anyways, Ray had a perfect game, literally.

29 points, 11/11 FG 7/7 3PT 2/2 FT

I forgot the exact numbers but it was 100% all around.

Banned

On a 6 game winning streak at the moment with 2 game saving blocks to seal them both with my 7'6 big man out of the draft. First one was on the wing with Stephen Jackson trying to tie the game with a 3 and the 2nd he met Marcus Thornton at the top and sent him back when he thought he could jam his team to a victory

Found out that my big man is not loyal though so will likely pull a lebron on me in 4 years once his contract ends... Might have to trade him to avoid losing him but will see in time

I wanna edit Ray Allen and make him 19 and sign him to a bigass contract. He's so good in this game.

Banned

Game 2 of the playoffs and we win. It was closer than last time but we survived the Thunder's late surge. We were blowing them out in the beginning of the game all the way to the middle of the first half. Then, like the CPU always does they made a huge run to bring the game close. But we ended up winning 109-99. Aldridge struggled in this game while B Roy flourished and G Wall stepped up nicely.

Stats for my starters:

Brandon Roy: 29/5/3 11-20 FG

Gerald Wallace: 20/8/2 7-10 FG

LaMarcus Aldridge: 18/7/1 8-18 FG

D.J. Augustin: 10/4/12 5-12 FG

Greg Oden: 8/8/1 3-7 FG (He also had 5 blocks)

Brandon Roy went off in the 4th quarter and La had a clutch steal then Roy made a layup with 1 minute left that pretty much sealed the game

Learning to shoot layups

Hey all, its been awhile but I am back with a new association.

I was playing a friend tonight who used to be a huge Cavs fan but moved on after he left, but cheers hard against Lebron since he left the Cavs. We were talking and were hoping that the Cavs could somehow win the title before the Heat do.

My new association is born...

I started off with the Cavs tonight. 8 min quarters, HOF, Default Sliders CPU and Player, with automatic subs to work through the rotation. Here are the results.

Game 1: vs Boston

Current Cavs Roster, except traded Baron Davis to Dallas for an expiring contract of Tyson Chandler and the Mavs 2011 1st rounder. Tyson's not happy about coming off the bench but I don't plan on resigning him

Daniel Gibson( favorite player on the Cavs ) starts at PG and is lighting it up from behind the arc. He ends up with 58 points and 18 3's! No lie! However, there was absolutely no other scoring option so Boobie kept them close while he was in but as soon as he sat out the C's went on a rampage. We ended up losing by 12.

So I went to the trade finder in search of a second perimeter scoring option. I found this in Toney Douglas( favorite non-Duke ACC player of all time when he was at FSU ) and picked up him in a trade for Sessions.

Game 2 @Toronto

Toney was exactly what we needed. The offense was able to flow perfectly as the Raptors were unable to cover both him and Boobie on the perimeter and this resulted in a shower of 3's. Gibson finished with 48 and 7 assists, and Toney finished with 32? and 8 assists. The offense was jiving all night long.

So we're sitting at 1-1 now with the Kings up next coming to Cleavland. Should be a winnable game but 2k always makes it close. I really am looking to add a solid post guy with a super mid range game that is within my capability of getting. I would LOVE Al Jefferson, but I doubt Utah will deal him away. I feel like this may be worth trading a 2011 Cavs 1st rounder if I can get quality.

Any suggestions for a big with solid mid range game?

Will keep you guys posted.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    Hey all, its been awhile but I am back with a new association.

I was playing a friend tonight who used to be a huge Cavs fan but moved on after he left, but cheers hard against Lebron since he left the Cavs. We were talking and were hoping that the Cavs could somehow win the title before the Heat do.

My new association is born...

I started off with the Cavs tonight. 8 min quarters, HOF, Default Sliders CPU and Player, with automatic subs to work through the rotation. Here are the results.

Game 1: vs Boston

Current Cavs Roster, except traded Baron Davis to Dallas for an expiring contract of Tyson Chandler and the Mavs 2011 1st rounder. Tyson's not happy about coming off the bench but I don't plan on resigning him

Daniel Gibson( favorite player on the Cavs ) starts at PG and is lighting it up from behind the arc. He ends up with 58 points and 18 3's! No lie! However, there was absolutely no other scoring option so Boobie kept them close while he was in but as soon as he sat out the C's went on a rampage. We ended up losing by 12.

So I went to the trade finder in search of a second perimeter scoring option. I found this in Toney Douglas( favorite non-Duke ACC player of all time when he was at FSU ) and picked up him in a trade for Sessions.

Game 2 @Toronto

Toney was exactly what we needed. The offense was able to flow perfectly as the Raptors were unable to cover both him and Boobie on the perimeter and this resulted in a shower of 3's. Gibson finished with 48 and 7 assists, and Toney finished with 32? and 8 assists. The offense was jiving all night long.

So we're sitting at 1-1 now with the Kings up next coming to Cleavland. Should be a winnable game but 2k always makes it close. I really am looking to add a solid post guy with a super mid range game that is within my capability of getting. I would LOVE Al Jefferson, but I doubt Utah will deal him away. I feel like this may be worth trading a 2011 Cavs 1st rounder if I can get quality.

Any suggestions for a big with solid mid range game?

Will keep you guys posted.
    If you just need a big with a nice jumper you could try and go after Jason Thompson of the Sacramento Kings. He has great range and isn't too expensive. He has a ton of potential as well and is great on the offensive glass. The only downside is that he doesn't have a ton of game with his back to the basket

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    Damn. I can't play on Hall of Fame with this mode. Finally, a nice challenge from 2k11.

I traded for Ray Allen but he got injured. I need a legit star on my team, Conley isn't good enough lol...

Going to trade like half my team for someone I can rely on.

Players I'm willing to trade: - Trevor Ariza / Richardson / Korver / Ray Allen
    what i usually do is unload expirers at the draft to get draft picks if you know the draft is strong

that way i get star potential easier

Banned

Just finished another thriller against OKC

Aldridge bounced back from that subpar performance he had in Game 2 and Roy just continues to shine. G Wall stepped up late as well.

Just like Game 1, the Thunder came out of the gate charging. They had a 31 point 1st quarter. But we started to slow them down in the 2nd quarter. We struggled offensively in the 3rd but exploded in the 4th to take the lead and the game.

We ended up winning 110-101

Here are the stats for my starters:

Brandon Roy: 29/9/3/2 9-17 FG 10-13 FT He also had 5 turnovers

LaMarcus Aldridge: 26/7/1/1 12-19 FG

Gerald Wallace: 15/9/2/3/1 5-10 FG He didn't have any turnovers and 10 of his points came in the 2nd half

D.J. Augustin: 13/3/9/6 He had 6 steals 3-10 FG He also had 4 turnovers

Greg Oden: 12/9/2/2/4 He had 4 blocks this game lol 5-9 FG

We are now in prime position for the sweep. Hopefully we can close this team out as soon as possible because these games are getting closer and closer.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. I'm So Rad
    If you just need a big with a nice jumper you could try and go after Jason Thompson of the Sacramento Kings. He has great range and isn't too expensive. He has a ton of potential as well and is great on the offensive glass. The only downside is that he doesn't have a ton of game with his back to the basket
    Awesome, I will look into this. I picked up Ryan Anderson from the Magic and that was the right move. We played the best game of the year against the Kings with Toney, Boobie, and Anderson all scoring consistently. I lost focus down the stretch and commited some silly fouls that ended up costing me the game. We lost by 3, and it was a heartbreaker because boobie through up a long 3 that went in a split second too late. Oh well, we're 1-2 with the Hawks coming to town. Got a solid practice in so we should come out firing. Should be a good game and has the potential to be the best win of the year for us.

Currently Boobie Gibson is averaging 45.7 ppg!

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    I wanna edit Ray Allen and make him 19 and sign him to a bigass contract. He's so good in this game.
    I did something similar with Tracy McGrady several months ago when I was bored. I edited McGrady to make him more like prime T-Mac, made him 21 or 22 years old and started an Association with 29 game seasons. I didn't play all of the games but got several seasons deep. It was pretty fun.

Even at 34 or 35 Ray Allen is a beast on the game. I was browsing Operation Sports and was reading someone's dynasty thread. He edited the classic Sonics team on the game, edited Ray Allen to his prime at like 22 or 23 years old, and built up the Sonics around him. He completely dismantled the classic roster, so he wasn't playing with Payton-Allen-Kemp. He started off with Allen and bunch of scrubs. It looked like a lot of fun.

Ray just dropped 48 points. I really wanna edit it him but it won't be fun to me knowing I cheated. Still sticking to Conley as the new superstar. He dropped 31 for me on efficient shooting percentages. He's coming around nicely.

I hate the injuries with this team. I simulate games so I can get the player back.

Conley had a wrist injury for a week.
    Ibaka had a 6 week injury
    Anderson had a 4 week injury
    Allen had a 2 week injury.

**** that, I simulated that shit.

In the spirit of the draft lottery I decided to start a dynasty with the Cavaliers. With one little wrinkle, I created myself as a shooting guard. I didn't make myself a "messiah" or anything, though. I started off year one as a 74 overall with high 80's potential. I'm basically a Ray Allen type player. I tried to create a player pretty similar to the type of player I was in high school and college. I'm 6'5" 195 with a sweet three point stroke and a solid mid-range jumper.

I downloaded a 2011, 2012 and 2013 draft class off of 2K Share and simulated the first three seasons to accumulate draft picks and young stud prospects. In year one we finished with the 3rd worst record in the league, but we did win the lottery. I also dumped a few contracts in trades and also had the 5th overall pick. I did what I think may happen in real life for the 2011 draft. I took Kyrie Irving #1 overall and Enes Kanter with the 5th pick. So, for the 2011-2012 season I had a very nice young foundation to build around...

PG Kyrie Irving
    SG Me
    SF Alonzo Gee
    PF J.J. Hickson
    C Enes Kanter

I was still pretty awful in year two because, well, all of my guys didn't have great ratings but the potential rating of everyone was pretty high. We finished the second season with the worst record and won the lottery. So, with a big need at SF I took Harrison Barnes with the 1st pick of the 2012 draft. I also made a trade for the 15th pick and took Reggie Bullock to get a solid back-up SG with good potential. I had also shed a ton of salary and had close to $20M in cap space. I signed Roy Hibbert to a 5yr/$65M contract and traded Varejao and some other players/future draft picks for a first round pick for the 2013 draft where I wanted to get a good back-up PF

After simulating the 2012-2013 season we finished 15-14 and got the 8th seed in the East. I have no idea how but, I simulated the playoffs, and we won the NBA Championship as an 8 seed. Go figure. Of course, at this point I had several 80+ overall players and a mess of mid 70's overall guys on the bench. In the 2013 draft I ended up with the 8th and 15th picks via Toronto and Indiana. I took Isaiah Austin with the 8th pick to get my back-up PF. I also used the rest of my cap-space to sign Johnny Flynn as my back-up PG. He was up to an 83 overall at this point.

So, entering the 2013-2014 season this is my rotation...

Starters
    PG: Kyrie Irving (84 OVR) 3rd season - 22 years old
    SG: Me (88 OVR) 4th season - 22 years old
    SF: Harrison Barnes (85 OVR) 2nd season - 21 years old
    PF: J.J. Hickson (84 OVR) 6th season - 25 years old
    C: Enes Kanter (83 OVR) 3rd season - 22 years old

Bench
    PG: Jonny Flynn (83 OVR) 5th season - 24 years old
    SG: Reggie Bullock (74 OVR) 2nd season - 21 years old
    SF: Chase Budinger (72 OVR) 5th season - 25 years old
    PF: Isaiah Austin (75 OVR) 1st season - 19 years old
    C: Roy Hibbert (82 OVR) 6th season - 26 years old

Team Rankings
    Offense: 13th
    Defense: 2nd
    Overall: 4th

I played the Clippers in game one of the 2013-2014 season and they were stacked. They were ranked 1st in the NBA in overall, 1st in offense, and 2nd in defense. They had a really nice starting lineup of Brandon Jennings-Austin Rivers-Gerald Wallace-Wilson Chandler-Blake Griffin. It was at Cleveland and we won 124-114, but it was closer than that. I made FT's down the stretch when they were intentionally fouling to make it a wider final margin of victory. I'm playing 9 minute quarters with downloaded sliders and on All-Star.

My Guy: 38 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists
    Barnes: 25 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist
    Irving: 18 points, 14 assists, 4 rebounds
    Kanter: 10 points, 6 rebounds
    Austin: 12 points, 3 rebounds (in just 12 minutes of play off the bench)

I'm thinking about trading Hickson because I couldn't do anything with him. I only scored 2 points on 1/5 shooting and only had 2 rebounds with him in the game. It looks like Austin is going to be a stud, so I can start him and trade Hickson and his contract for a cheaper back-up PF. I'm also thinking about bumping it down to 8 minute quarters if I score that many points in my next game or two. It was a very challenging game I just don't want to be scoring 115-125 points every game.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-19-2011 at 04:41 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

You guys have inspired me to start up an association bringing back a legend to his prime. I want to bring back Shaq at his prime and maybe put him back in phoinex to see if he and Nash can win the title

Any suggestions of how to alter shaqs ratings to represent shaq in his prime?

Quote Originally Posted by dukeblue4life
    You guys have inspired me to start up an association bringing back a legend to his prime. I want to bring back Shaq at his prime and maybe put him back in phoinex to see if he and Nash can win the title

Any suggestions of how to alter shaqs ratings to represent shaq in his prime?
    I did prime Shaq with Penny last year on 2K10 and ran with the Magic. I never had a favorite team as a kid but, like every other "90's kid" I pretty much worshiped Michael Jordan. But, i also always really liked the Shaq/Penny Magic teams. In fact, I probably actually liked the Magic more as a team in the 90's than the Bulls.

You can probably find a pretty good CAP prime Shaq on 2K share if you just go on there and and search for "Shaquille O'neal" or "Shaq". That's how I downlaoded a bunch of classic players on 2K10 last year when they didn't have all of these classic teams.

If you don't want to do that, then here's what I would suggest.

1. Obviously, make him younger -- 21-24 years old.

2. Knock his weight down to the 300-310 pound range. I believe he was around that weight when he entered the league.

3. Google pictures of Shaq from when he was in Orlando and alter his hair/accessories accordingly. I know he went bald pretty early in his career but, if I recall correctly, he used to have a fade or something.

4. As for ratings: up his vert, quickness, low post offense, shot low-post, shot close, dunk, standing dunk, shot in traffic, and put his potential in the 90's.

I made the Shaq I downloaded off 2K Share 22 years old (his age at the start of his 3rd season) and altered some ratings to make him about a 92 or 93 overall. With his potential, though, he was up to high 90's in just a couple of seasons.

This is one thing I have a lot of fun doing. I get bored playing just one dynasty all the time but, as has been the case for awhile, I don't get completely tired of the actual game until after the playoffs. Last year I went through 2K Share and downloaded a bunch of different classic players. I just went to the "Player DNA" section, sorted by highest rated, and downloaded the players I thought were the closest to their real-life counterparts. I think in the end I had 30-35 classic players including about every great center: KAJ, Wilt, Russell, Shaq, Hakeem, Ewing and Robinson. I didn't include Michael Jordan but did download players like Pippen, Barkley, Malone, Reggie Miller, C-Webb, Mark Price, Julius Erving, Bernard King, Isiah Thomas, Moses Malone, Latrell Sprewell, Mitch Richmond, Dan Marjele, Kevin Johnson, Clyde Drexler, and James Worthy to name a few.

I made them all free agents and did a fantasy draft. I can't remember the exact team I played with, but I gave myself the 7th or 8th pick, did a 'serpentine' style draft, and ended up with Hakeem, Bernard King, and Mark Price. There were a lot of loaded teams since I added 25 HOF caliber players and another 5-10 former all-star caliber players.
    Last edited by KG215; 05-19-2011 at 06:28 PM.