Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Is puppymonkeybaby the most blatant attempt to start an internet trend ever?

Shameless.

College star

Default Re: Is puppymonkeybaby the most blatant attempt to start an internet trend ever?

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Shameless.
    You made a thread about it

I had to go watch the video to know what the fck you were talking about

MountainDew stays winning

Default Re: Is puppymonkeybaby the most blatant attempt to start an internet trend ever?

Exactly what I said lol

But it was funny

NBA Legend

Funny thing is those Mountain Dew Kickstart commercials always tend to feature young black dudes, since I guess that's who theyre targetting.

But in this one they had to throw a white guy in there so it didnt look racist when puppymonkeybaby was licking the guy's face

I thought it was one of the worst commercials of the night. Not original, unique or funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    Exactly what I said lol

But it was funny
    You have a shit sense of humor

I can't believe that was their best commercial for the superbowl.

I was so confused.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    You have a shit sense of humor
    I don't take life seriously
    Try it

Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Shameless.
    It failed until you made this thread.

Banned

Shameless.
    by starting a thread about it, you fell for their trap. This is exactly what mountain dew was hoping would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by lilandywiggins
    It failed until you made this thread.
    If their goal was to have someone make a thread about how it was one of the worst, if not the worst, commercials we've ever seen, and as a result of the commercial being so obviously bad that nobody wants to try your drink because of it...

Then yeah, I guess they nailed it.

Not that I drank Mt. Dew before, but that commercial alone was enough to make me never want to try whatever drink they were trying to sell.

Kudos to them.

NBA Superstar

Ha, yep, pretty blatant. But on the same hand, it still worked. That's the damning thing about advertising. As long as a brand doesn't teeter over the line into unforgivably offensive, anything that yields some sort of watercooler talk is going to probably work to their benefit in the long run, whether it's from people laughing, cringing, hating, being hipsterish, etc. Whatever it is, it gets the brand's name back out there into the realms of the modern collective social consciousness, which is all they want, for better or worse.

But still, directly on topic, I had a pretty similar thought when I saw it, it terms of the blatant nature, as if someone were taking a class on Internet Virility and made last night's commercial as their final exam project.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    If their goal was to have someone make a thread about how it was one of the worst, if not the worst, commercials we've ever seen, and as a result of the commercial being so obviously bad that nobody wants to try your drink because of it...

Not that I drank Mt. Dew before, but that commercial alone was enough to make me never want to try whatever drink they were trying to sell.

Kudos to them.
    their goal is to generate discussion. Whether it is positive or negative. They want people saying they hate it and they want people coming in and saying "I liked it" or "I didn't think it was that bad" or "IT WAS ****ING HILARIOUS BRAH"

Their goal with the ad was to get people talking about them. It's working.

Would anyone have made a mountain dew thread on ISH if that ad wasn't aired?

Gonna spread puppymonkeybaby and make it bigger

Decent playground baller lilandywiggins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K

Kudos to them.
    People drink the stuff regardless. All the commercial does is puts it in their subconscious that they want it (if they are prone to drinking it at all). If you don't drink the stuff, it won't suddenly make you like it.