Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Bulls looking to draft point guard Tyler Ennis. Rose would become a 2 guard?

Interesting article.

The notion that the Bulls would draft a point guard and play Rose off the ball would have seemed far-fetched a few seasons ago when Rose was on his way to becoming the youngest MVP in league history. But after playing just 50 games over the past three seasons because of ongoing knee problems, the idea of drafting a point guard in the first round has merit.
    "As a point guard, as a pass-first point guard, it's a little bit different for me," he said. "I'm able to score; I'm more than willing to score for my team, and I think I play better when I have another guard on my side. With both of us being playmakers, I think learning from Derrick Rose and playing with him, and having two guards on the floor that could make others better is only good for a team."
    http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bull...-pg-like-ennis

Good college starter

Default Re: Bulls looking to draft point guard Tyler Ennis. Rose would become a 2 guard?

Nick Friedell: Also of note: Syracuse PG Tyler Ennis said he spoke to Bulls yesterday. Said he would like to play alongside Derrick Rose. Twitter @NickFriedell - See more at:

http://*********.com/archive/rumors/....QlaJWq6U.dpuf

Made that high school varsity squad DwadeOverLebron's Avatar

Default Re: Bulls looking to draft point guard Tyler Ennis. Rose would become a 2 guard?

I hope not ennis.. Why? Did you not see what James Augustine did? Nate Robinson the yr before..? Why would you waste a first round draft pick on a pg when they are always available fa? I think when you have a combo athletic combo/shoot first pg, you should pair that with the same combo athletic pg. I predict that will be in the fad in the nba.

The problem is that, DJ, Nate, and Skywalker all played like a Rose knock off (nate probably the least but still similar). They fit perfectly into the system that way. And when those guys started/had big minute games and had good games, it's really not a coincidence that the Bulls won. But if you can get a real back up point guard you gotta roll the dice on that.

Especially if, Michael Jordan forbid, Rose never gets healthy again. Ennis is a pretty solid point guard. He might not ever be a great player, but he has a good chance to be a good one.

College superstar

I will be upset if the Bulls don't either trade their picks for a great player or pick Napier. I fell in love with that kid in the tournament. I see him as a poor man's Curry that's good on D.