Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Hinrich could be traded soon. Would officially be the end of an era...

I just read that Hinrich could be traded soon for draft picks. With Deng just traded, Hinrich is really the last of the Skiles era Bulls. I think Noah was part of the team for half a season until Skiles was fired so I don't really count him. But the major core players would be gone if Hinrich was traded (again). No Hinrich, no Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler.

When the Bulls brought back Hinrich last season I was hoping maybe even Ben Gordon could return and there would be a great mix of the old guys and new guys. Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Noah, Taj, Boozer, Butler and Rose would be back this season and stay healthy and play like the MVP again.

Local High School Star Upgrayedd's Avatar

Default Re: Hinrich could be traded soon. Would officially be the end of an era...

How many other teams can you think of that have rebuilt as much as the Bulls have and failed? When the Lakers rebuilt after the Shaq era they were winning championships again really soon. They kept Kobe, they traded for Pau Gasol, brought back Phil Jackson. Look at what Pat Riley did with the Heat. They won in 2006, had a couple of crappy seasons but then rebuilt with LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

The Bulls have gone through several rebuilds but two of them looked legit. That Wallace, Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng team looked for real but failed in 2007 and then they had to break the team up in 2008. They draft Rose, rebuild again. The 2011 team looked for real. Rose, Deng, Noah, Watson, Scalabrine, Asik, Kurt Thomas, Taj Gibson, Boozer, Korver, Brewer. They win 60+ wins in 2011, Rose wins MVP, I think Thibs won coach of the season. Then Rose goes down the next season with that major injury. The Bulls recover pretty quickly it looked. Rose would miss last season but come back healthy this season and they had a damn good team built around a healthy Rose. Then we know what happened... and now it looks like it's time to rebuild again.

College superstar

Default Re: Hinrich could be traded soon. Would officially be the end of an era...

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    How many other teams can you think of that have rebuilt as much as the Bulls have and failed? When the Lakers rebuilt after the Shaq era they were winning championships again really soon. They kept Kobe, they traded for Pau Gasol, brought back Phil Jackson. Look at what Pat Riley did with the Heat. They won in 2006, had a couple of crappy seasons but then rebuilt with LeBron, Wade and Bosh.

The Bulls have gone through several rebuilds but two of them looked legit. That Wallace, Gordon, Hinrich, Nocioni, Deng team looked for real but failed in 2007 and then they had to break the team up in 2008. They draft Rose, rebuild again. The 2011 team looked for real. Rose, Deng, Noah, Watson, Scalabrine, Asik, Kurt Thomas, Taj Gibson, Boozer, Korver, Brewer. They win 60+ wins in 2011, Rose wins MVP, I think Thibs won coach of the season. Then Rose goes down the next season with that major injury. The Bulls recover pretty quickly it looked. Rose would miss last season but come back healthy this season and they had a damn good team built around a healthy Rose. Then we know what happened... and now it looks like it's time to rebuild again.

Not a rebuild if you're not trading your stars.

Rose and Noah are the stars, Deng was expendable because he and Jimmy Butler are very similar, and one is significantly cheaper.

My favorite Hinrich trade is sending him and Boozer to Sacramento for Gray, Williams, Jimmer and Thornton.

That trade has to wait until Feb 10th because of restrictions on Gray, but either way... it improves Sacramento enough where we might get their pick this year or next, and we get a young "project" in Williams, while also getting worse.

So that trade accomplishes three things:
    1) Sacramento gets better. We are more likely to get their pick
    2) We get worse. More likely to have a higher pick
    3) Get a young scoring talent in Williams

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Upgrayedd
    I just read that Hinrich could be traded soon for draft picks. With Deng just traded, Hinrich is really the last of the Skiles era Bulls. I think Noah was part of the team for half a season until Skiles was fired so I don't really count him. But the major core players would be gone if Hinrich was traded (again). No Hinrich, no Gordon, Deng, Nocioni, Ben Wallace, Tyson Chandler.

When the Bulls brought back Hinrich last season I was hoping maybe even Ben Gordon could return and there would be a great mix of the old guys and new guys. Gordon, Deng, Hinrich, Noah, Taj, Boozer, Butler and Rose would be back this season and stay healthy and play like the MVP again.
    I don't see a team giving up a quality pick for Hinrich, even though he's an expirer.

That's what they said last time, lol

Don't see him being traded now since we traded away Teague.

With that said I think we gave up on Teague too quickly. I understand that he hasn't produced much, but he's still very young and did show flashes of potential. I don't agree with the move at the moment, but I guess its a wait and see situation.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ljsbb27
    Don't see him being traded now since we traded away Teague.

With that said I think we gave up on Teague too quickly. I understand that he hasn't produced much, but he's still very young and did show flashes of potential. I don't agree with the move at the moment, but I guess its a wait and see situation.

If we can keep Augustin for the next year or two then he's already better suited for this team. He can score, pass, athletic, and still young. He'd be a Robinson type backup for Rose next season.