Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 08-26-2007, 01:03 AM   #31
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation
Default Re: 2008 Eastern Conference Playoffs

At this point, the only locks are the Pistons, Bulls, Cavs, and Nets. People are really overrating the Celtics. They haven't played a single game together. For all we know, they may have no chemistry at all, like the Knicks from 2005-06. The Heat are not a lock either. Wade most likely won't be back for the start of the season, and he may not play up to his standards. Shaq is a year older and may end up missing 20-25 games, or even more. And with no Payton or Posey, there is more pressure on Dorrell Wright and Jason Williams.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:10 AM   #32
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

XxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation hereXxNeXuSxX has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMVP1551
LOL!!! Not better than the Raptors? Then why did they beat Toronto without their starting center.
They lost the division however to a Raptors team filled with injuries.
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:11 AM   #33
White Chocolate
5-time NBA All-Star

White Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputationWhite Chocolate has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

The Nets also finished at .500 with their center missing 60 games and swingman missing 30.
White Chocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:12 AM   #34
VCMVP1551
NBA sixth man of the year

VCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this boardVCMVP1551 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX

Yeah but proved they were better than them as long as they had Jefferson healthy.
VCMVP1551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:27 AM   #35
TheGreatOne
I airball my layups

TheGreatOne has an OK reputation so far

I'm suprised that so many people arent putting the magic on their list...they made the playoffs last year and this year they improved alot by adding rashard and with another year under his belt and the experience with team usa howard will be a even bigger and better force at the nba's weak center position.
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:40 AM   #36
raid09
Local High School Star

raid09 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatOne
I'm suprised that so many people arent putting the magic on their list...they made the playoffs last year and this year they improved alot by adding rashard and with another year under his belt and the experience with team usa howard will be a even bigger and better force at the nba's weak center position.

Who do you drop off then? Most people have added the Celtics. You'd have to drop: Toronto, New Jersey, or the Wizards. All of those teams healthy are as good as or better than Orlando.

My seeding:
1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. Boston
4. Miami
5. Detroit
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. New Jersey
raid09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:51 AM   #37
Y2Gezee
Troll spotting pro

Y2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected posterY2Gezee is a pretty well-respected poster

There's a chance the Magic can be better off than the Wizards, who really need to move 'Tawn for a big man.
Y2Gezee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:55 AM   #38
OneWay
GREATEST OF ALL TIME!!

OneWay has an OK reputation so far

1. Celtics

the rest.

Hard to predict at this point.

But champs are #1 for sure.
OneWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 05:17 AM   #39
TheGreatOne
I airball my layups

TheGreatOne has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by raid09
Who do you drop off then? Most people have added the Celtics. You'd have to drop: Toronto, New Jersey, or the Wizards. All of those teams healthy are as good as or better than Orlando.

My seeding:
1. Chicago
2. Cleveland
3. Boston
4. Miami
5. Detroit
6. Toronto
7. Washington
8. New Jersey

i dropped off the wizards but i can also see toronto or new jersey missing the playoffs, but i think the magic have a better and more equipped roster for an entire season, plus none of their players are injury prone.
TheGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 12:40 PM   #40
R.I.P.
NBA lottery pick

R.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterR.I.P. is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Chocolate
At this point, the only locks are the Pistons, Bulls, Cavs, and Nets. People are really overrating the Celtics. They haven't played a single game together. For all we know, they may have no chemistry at all, like the Knicks from 2005-06. The Heat are not a lock either. Wade most likely won't be back for the start of the season, and he may not play up to his standards. Shaq is a year older and may end up missing 20-25 games, or even more. And with no Payton or Posey, there is more pressure on Dorrell Wright and Jason Williams.

I call the upset special, improved Knicks, healthy Nets, new-born Celtics and the Raptors will still win the division. Bargnani is coming into his own. Tonight he dropped 20pts on Germany and Dirk in the first half. I think Bargnani is going to be the MIP next season, Tornoto is a cohesive unit, that can play both ends of the floor, and they are deep. The Celtics are the Heat of the Atlantic, get to the Play-offs and work from there. Not enough depth and familiarity to win the division, but the veteran team nobody will want to play come may/june. The Knicks can beat any team on a given night, but they are too challenged, and not physically, they canīt spell defense and couldnīt find NY on a map. The Nets will be neck to neck with the Raptors with Krstic back on board, but they lack the depth of Toronto, oh and Vince has a new contract.
R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:00 AM   #41
k-vil
It's Time!

k-vil has decent reputation

There would be a lot of surprises and a lot to wait and see this coming season. With Boston off-season moves, Heat with a healthy Wade and an older Shaq, with an intact Detroit starting 5, another year in the belt of Lebron, With Knicks trade, Magic's signing of Rashard, Nets' acquiring Magloire, healthy Jefferson and comebacking NEnad, Bulls solid line. The big question would be, who'll have the best record in the East? Boston definitely has one of the best line-up in paper but can they jel?
2008 Eastern Conference PLayoffs:
1. Pistons - 60 wins, because of their intact line-up
2. Cavs - 53-58 wins
3. Nets - 50 - 55 wins. Ranked the team 3rd because of a heathy jefferson and comebacking nenad plus Magloire's addition
4. Hard to say who will be in this position. But im thinking of the Heat or Magic. Who ever wins in their division will take this spot. MAybe 45-48 wins.
5. Bulls - 50-55 wins. A strong line up with no go-to-guy in the clutch. I see gordon as their g-t-g but not as the likes of a d-wade, michael redd, Paul pierce, VC, Lebron, arenas. SO who will deliver in close games?
6. Celtics - 42-45 wins. Adding KG and Ray, would be a great plus for the team. But the big question mark is will they JEL? maybe give them 1 or 2 more seasons.
7. Magic - 40-42 wins.
8. Wizards - 40-42 wins.

I see the Knicks will still not make the playoffs.
Raptors - i think their best chance is 7 and seed, Bosh is the only guy and it will not work.
k-vil is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: