Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 08-08-2008, 12:39 PM   #1
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far
Default Smith tears ACL

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_yl...v=ap&type=lgns

Quote:
Philadelphia 76ers center Jason Smith sustained a knee injury that could cause him to miss a significant portion of the upcoming season.

Smith, a second-year player out of Colorado State, tore the ACL in his left knee Wednesday during what the team called “normal basketball activity.”

Smith averaged 4.5 points and 3.5 rebounds as a rookie. In the Las Vegas summer league, he averaged 18.6 points and 8.0 rebounds in five games for the 76ers.

A team doctor examined Smith on Thursday, and he’ll get a second opinion in the upcoming weeks.

The article doesn't mention surgery yet, but this doesn't look good for him next season.

Last edited by Californiafan : 08-08-2008 at 12:41 PM.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #2
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation
Default Re: Smith tears ACL

this is not good
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 12:45 PM   #3
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Wow really i had no idea :) i wonder if my other inside tip will be correct about the 3 point shooting pf?I wonder if i can say the name im just going to say it Donyell Marshall will be signed by the 76ers soon
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:18 PM   #4
Styles p
NBA rookie of the year

Styles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterStyles p is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

**** it now we will see sphights develop more if they sigh marshall watch out boston cause our bench is gonna look pretty ****ing good.
Styles p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

Marshall isn't even a free agent, and this is horrible, sad news not good to wake up to
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 02:51 PM   #6
Californiafan
I brick open layups

Californiafan has an OK reputation so far

I wonder if they'll bring back Shavlik Randolph? He is experienced in the system, though he's been watching from the bench the last two years.
Californiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #7
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dalembert
Brand/Evans/Speights

Sign a Theo Ratliff or Mutombo (is he available?) and we're good. Mutombo kids are still enrolled in school here.

This just means Speights will be asked to play minutes like Jason Smith did last year. It sucks that Jason Smith worked his ass off for this season but eh. He's not irreplacable. Like I said he was a rookie who saw action. Why not Speights? All you need is to find a vet backup center and we are fine.

Only 48mins to play at C, PF, SF, SG, PG

Sammy plays 33mpg (dude be bytching for more mins)
Brand plays what? Lets say 34mpg

You're left with 15mpg at C and 14mpg at PF. 29mins unaccounted for.

Evans can give you a good 20-21mpg. So you need 8-10mpg from someone. With Speights and the vet backup big you sign you are fine.

I mean Sixers have a logjam at guard which means Iggy will be seeing action at SF.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Sixers should have traded Jason Smith and/or Willie Green. But Kareem Rush is only here for 1 year tho.
Old 08-08-2008, 03:31 PM   #9
sixerfan3511
Local High School Star

sixerfan3511 has decent reputation

yeah he isn't irreplaceable but he definitely was our backup C and our 4th big, and he's a nice solid, young player who's improving. We can get a veteran to be a backup and we'll still be fine, it's not the end of the world. Regardless, we had Evans, Dalembert and Smith as our 3 bigs last year and this year we replaced Smith with Brand. Thaddeus can play the 4 in small stints like he did last year. But we need another big, and hopefully Speights could give us around 10 mpg, that'd be nice.
sixerfan3511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #10
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

I expect Speights to do what Jason Smith did last year and then some.
Old 08-09-2008, 12:03 AM   #11
iggy>
happy tanksgiving

iggy> has decent reputation

even though he our 4th big man hes one of our best perimeter shooters
iggy> is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 04:40 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
Wow really i had no idea :) i wonder if my other inside tip will be correct about the 3 point shooting pf?I wonder if i can say the name im just going to say it Donyell Marshall will be signed by the 76ers soon
yeah unless he gets bought out...he's not a free agent
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 AM   #13
ducksoup
Can barely lace up my sneakers

ducksoup has an OK reputation so far
Wink Re: Smith tears ACL

The 76ers will have no problem surviving the Jason Smith injury.
ducksoup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2008, 05:24 PM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
yeah unless he gets bought out...he's not a free agent
Quote:
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Forward Donyell Marshall won't be making the move to Oklahoma City with the Seattle SuperSonics.

The 14-year NBA veteran was waived Wednesday by the Oklahoma City franchise, which still hasn't been renamed after its relocation last month.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2008, 11:20 AM   #15
Venja42
Decent playground baller

Venja42 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246
OKLAHOMA CITY -- Forward Donyell Marshall won't be making the move to Oklahoma City with the Seattle SuperSonics.

The 14-year NBA veteran was waived Wednesday by the Oklahoma City franchise, which still hasn't been renamed after its relocation last month.

Now thats interesting....
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: