Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 01-15-2009, 12:37 AM   #46
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Prospect Stock Thread

Stock Up:

Danny Green, UNC-I think his stock keeps rising. I think he is into the first round now, and I think he could keep going up. Could he be the first senior taken?

DaJuan Summers, Georgetown-I think his stock keeps rising, and I wouldn't rule out lottery. Is he going to be the top SF in a strong SF draft?

Jonny Flynn, Syracuse-His numbers haven't really changed a lot, but he is leading his team and doing whatever it takes to win. You really have to see him play to understand his impact, but at 6-0 he might be a little short to rocket too far into the 1st round.

Tyreke Evans, Memphis-Evan before taking over the point Evans was coming into his own, but since taking over the point he has shown that while he isn't a future NBA point, he has all the tools to be a great guard in the NBA. With some work on his shooting he will be a great prospect. Could he be the first guard taken?

Down:

A.J. Abrams, Texas-Everyone knew Abrams was a streaking shooter, but after his hot start he was shooting up draft boards. But since hitting the meat of their season, Abrams has been off, only scoring in double digits in 2 of his last 6 games. I think he still has a shot to be drafted, but how is he any different than other shooters that can get hot?

Stephen Curry, Davidson-Like Abrams, we all know he is going to have off games. Beyond that, playing the point he is really hit or miss as well. I think with his great start is looked like he would at least be able to play the point, but I think he looks more like a guy would will just play the point in spots. I think as the season goes on teams are going to see the issues with him game more, and I'm not sold he will still go lottery at this point.

Gani Lawal, Georgia Tech-He hasn't really played bad, but with a better look at him, he looks like his too short, he doesn't handle the ball well, and he seems to be a numbers guy that is looking for his shot and getting rebounding numbers. Maybe I am wrong, but as the season goes on, I just don't like his game as much as I did early in the season.

Demar DeRozan, USC-He has actually been more consistant, but with his potential, he really isn't showing much. Maybe it has to do with my expectations, but this guy is more of a foward than a guard. He turns the ball over too much, doesn't pass enough, and he can't shoot. On the bright side, he is rebounding well, and taking good shots. I just don't think teams are seeing the potential stardom that they expect.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #47
eprizzle14
Kids at the park dunk on me

eprizzle14 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by monthh
Stock Up:

Danny Green, UNC-I think his stock keeps rising. I think he is into the first round now, and I think he could keep going up. Could he be the first senior taken?

DaJuan Summers, Georgetown-I think his stock keeps rising, and I wouldn't rule out lottery. Is he going to be the top SF in a strong SF draft?

Jonny Flynn, Syracuse-His numbers haven't really changed a lot, but he is leading his team and doing whatever it takes to win. You really have to see him play to understand his impact, but at 6-0 he might be a little short to rocket too far into the 1st round.

Tyreke Evans, Memphis-Evan before taking over the point Evans was coming into his own, but since taking over the point he has shown that while he isn't a future NBA point, he has all the tools to be a great guard in the NBA. With some work on his shooting he will be a great prospect. Could he be the first guard taken?

Down:

A.J. Abrams, Texas-Everyone knew Abrams was a streaking shooter, but after his hot start he was shooting up draft boards. But since hitting the meat of their season, Abrams has been off, only scoring in double digits in 2 of his last 6 games. I think he still has a shot to be drafted, but how is he any different than other shooters that can get hot?

Stephen Curry, Davidson-Like Abrams, we all know he is going to have off games. Beyond that, playing the point he is really hit or miss as well. I think with his great start is looked like he would at least be able to play the point, but I think he looks more like a guy would will just play the point in spots. I think as the season goes on teams are going to see the issues with him game more, and I'm not sold he will still go lottery at this point.

Gani Lawal, Georgia Tech-He hasn't really played bad, but with a better look at him, he looks like his too short, he doesn't handle the ball well, and he seems to be a numbers guy that is looking for his shot and getting rebounding numbers. Maybe I am wrong, but as the season goes on, I just don't like his game as much as I did early in the season.

Demar DeRozan, USC-He has actually been more consistant, but with his potential, he really isn't showing much. Maybe it has to do with my expectations, but this guy is more of a foward than a guard. He turns the ball over too much, doesn't pass enough, and he can't shoot. On the bright side, he is rebounding well, and taking good shots. I just don't think teams are seeing the potential stardom that they expect.

Danny Green first round I dont think it can happen. I like Terrence Williams more then Green.

I think Summers and Earl Clark both can succeed in the NBA. I think Clark had more upside. I said it before Clark could evolve into a poor mans LeBron.

Evans can not be picked in front of Harden. I mean Evans passes the eye test with a higher score then James, but we do have to take their game into consideration.

I feel you on Lawai. I think hes 6-8, skinny, good length, little touch, little skill= Bust

I'd take Hansborough as my first senior
eprizzle14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 12:28 AM   #48
monthh
Local High School Star

monthh has an OK reputation so far

I think the thing that hurts Green more than anything is that it is going to be a deep swingman draft. Williams is another guy who's stock is rising I think, but Green has probably been UNC's most consistant and important player for them this year. Green still has a way to go to become the top senior in my opinion, but Hansbrough, Collison, Maynor, Young, Jerrells, Williams, and other guys like that aren't much better prospects than Green. I'm not saying he is going to be a star, but he could get a look as the top senior by draft day (after workouts and all that stuff of course, and I think it is a reasonable question to ask).

Again, I'm not saying Summers is the top pick right now, but come draft day I think teams are going to really like him. Of course Clark, Smith, James (who is falling I think), Brown, Morgan, Johnson, Singler, and Aminu (my top SF at this point) all could end up being the top SF as well. I just think Summers is clearly moving up the ranks.

I have Evans about 10 picks behind Harden right now, but I do think it is possible. Evans is improving every game, and while he is only a sophomore I think a lot of people see Harden as more advanced and without as much upside. I'm not saying is is likely, and it is a huge stretch, but if Evans has huge upside and all it takes is one team to like him better.

I'd also just like to point out that I just think these guy's stocks are up or down. For example, by saying Evans' stock is up, I think he went from like 15 to 20 up to 10 to 15. Green is up from maybe 30-40 to 25 to 30. Curry is down from like 5-10 to 10 to 15.
monthh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 02:11 PM   #49
steve

steve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this boardsteve is popular on this board

This seems like as good a place as any to ask this question, but does anyone know how big Griffin's hands are (well, relative size anyway)? I'm watching the Oklahoma/Texas A&M game right now and he's done that "one hand palm in the post" move, tossing it out of the post and it looked vaguely familiar to what Connie Hawkins used to do.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 09:50 PM   #50
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Stock up: Eric Maynor, VCU

Staying for a senior year did him good. Averaging career highs in points, assists, steals, fg%, ft%, and 3 fg%. Could be arguably a top 5 guard in this year's draft.
Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 07:42 PM   #51
Dasher
http://wp.me/L6Wr

Dasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDasher is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Stock Up: Damion James. His move to the perimeter was a flop, and he had to be moved back to the block. James strikes me as a player who will be a much better collegian than pro. He does not have the girth to be a good undersized 4 on the pro level.
Dasher is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: