Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 10-03-2009, 10:57 AM   #1
SoCalMike
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

SoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSoCalMike is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Article: Riverside Press Enterprise Blog - Cuban disses Lakers, Artest

Cuban is so funny.... (but is he that far off the mark?) (no pun intended LOL)

Source: Cuban disses Lakers, Artest

Quote:

Say this for Mark Cuban: He isn't afraid to speak his mind.

The outspoken Dallas Mavericks owner said Friday that he believes the Lakers may have given other contenders a chance to usurp them in the West this season by signing controversial forward Ron Artest.

"I tell you what, now that they've got Ron Artest, I couldn't think of anything better," Cuban said during an appearance on Dallas' ESPN 103.3. "If you would have said, what one player -- and I'll get killed over this -- what one player would you like to see on the Lakers? Ron Artest.

"Could you imagine? Ron Artest has got the ball, and Kobe's standing there, 'Throw me the ball.' Thank you, Ron Artest."

Asked off air to clarify his comments, Cuban didn't back down.

"I think he'll add some character to that team," Cuban said with a smirk. "Whether it will be positive or negative will be interesting to see."
The Lakers host Dallas in their second game of the season on Oct. 30.

SoCalMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:21 AM   #2
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: Riverside Press Enterprise Blog - Cuban disses Lakers, Artest

Seems to me Cuban has never been a big fan of Artest. The mavs were rumored to be interested in him 2 years ago and then Cuban came out saying "To me, Chemistry is more important than talent, so we don't need Artest".

Cuban has always been a laker hater so you can expect him to be having these wishes deep inside just waiting for any moment they slip. I also heard he was the one that got Kobe suspended on 2 different occasions for these inadvertent elbows being thrown around.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 01:30 PM   #3
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Article: Riverside Press Enterprise Blog - Cuban disses Lakers, Artest

Best of luck to Mark Cuban. The Lakers better make him eat his words and get down on his knees crying when the Laker squad rolls into Dallas. We will see who gets the last laugh here.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 01:24 PM   #4
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince

MJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterMJ(Mean John) is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

This guy is soo lame.

why is he ALWAYS in the news for some crap like this?

always getting into it with the players (EVEN HIS OWN)

what the guy is doing, is cool, but to a certain extent.

It is cool and all to get invloved with your team because you NEVER hear owners do that.

So when an nba owner goes and truly gets active and invloved with the team, it makes me the fan happy, because damn, atleast someone who enjoys basketball and likes thier team owns a franchise. Atleast someone who actually truly cares about the team, wins, players, the league and basketball rather then just the revenue.

I would rather have that then Donald Sterling's cheapass excuse for an owner. this guy doesnt want to spend money making it hard for his team to win and he DOESNT care about winning.. sucks for a true fan, because a guy who prolly doesnt like basketball, the team, the players or the league is owning his own team?> not for the love of the game, but for the money. money that myfriends and i contribute to. whether watching games(at the arenas or at a restuarant or on tv) or whether im buying gear, etc. I contribute to that owners revenue even if its to the SMALLLEST OF THE SMALLEST PERCENT..

So an owner like cuban is cool, to a certain extent.

Too bad this idiot passes the line by a mile, and takes it too far. acts like an idiot, does stupid things and is just an overall dumbass. guy even disses his team/.?? wtf is he doing/saying?

pisses me off
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:44 AM   #5
kobesabi
Double Dribble Expert

kobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation herekobesabi has an incredible reputation here

It would be more fun if on the day they play Mavs, Ron stop and hand Kobe the ball in front of Cuban on purpose and turn around and wink at Cuban with a smile and then ...

Kobe says "Thank you, Ron Artest."

Last edited by kobesabi : 10-08-2009 at 02:46 AM.
kobesabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
JetDeveloper
I airball my layups

JetDeveloper has an OK reputation so far

Let's hope Lakers beat Mavs by 20 or more in their first game in Dallas.
JetDeveloper is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: