Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 03-15-2012, 11:06 PM   #16
irondarts

irondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterirondarts is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Mario Williams to sign $50 million deal with Buffalo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
Wait, wide open? Pats just made it to the Super Bowl, and now all a sudden the division is 'wide open' ... not quite sure I'm buying into that.

Anyone can make the playoffs... yeah tell that to the Bills who havent made the playoffs in what now? Over a decade? Anyone can win on any given Sunday, but even in the unpredictable NFL, it takes consistency to make it to the post season.

I agree, adding Mario Williams will help them greatly, but it doesn't say "hey look at us, we can damn sure make the playoffs now!" ...

I'll go ahead and say, even with all the issues with the Jets, the Jets finish with a better record this season, thus meaning Buffalo yet again misses the playoffs.
Sorry, I meant to say after the Pats, I think the Bills have a good shot at the Wild Card.

It depends on how well Fitz can play.
irondarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:17 PM   #17
jazz873
College star

jazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputationjazz873 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I'm really just messing with you man. I'm just saying that it does point out that you lack some very basic knowledge about the teams in the respective conference.

I mean, the Dallas Cowboys are in the NFC East; does that make sense? Not exactly, but most NFL fans know why.
All it points out is that i mixed up the names the North and the East. Shit happens. Not really sure how you came up with that one.
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:24 PM   #18
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by irondarts
Sorry, I meant to say after the Pats, I think the Bills have a good shot at the Wild Card.

It depends on how well Fitz can play.

I agree, Fitz is the wildcard in all this (pun intended). I just think the Steelers and Bengals are going to be too good next year, and even if one of those two teams stink it up, I think the Jets will finish with a better record.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 11:30 PM   #19
FUTěN
I hit open layups

FUTěN is considered somewhat coolFUTěN is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
No one is saying they should forfeit every game. The argument being made is that 100m is a lot of money to pay someone when your franchise isn't even close to being a real player in the SB sweepstakes.

Are the Lions? Yes.

How are they supposed to get closer to contending without spending money and adding talent? FUTěN could understand this argument if Mario was over 30, but he's only 27 and they have plenty of time to add more pieces.
FUTěN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:09 AM   #20
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUTěN
How are they supposed to get closer to contending without spending money and adding talent? FUTěN could understand this argument if Mario was over 30, but he's only 27 and they have plenty of time to add more pieces.

That's the idea behind it all, recruiting more talent by getting Mario there. Will it work, only time will tell.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:28 AM   #21
Riddler
D-94

Riddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRiddler is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

$50 million in guaranteed money!!!!!

HOLY F*CKING $HIT!!!!
Riddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:49 AM   #22
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

QUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this boardQUIZZLE is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler
$50 million in guaranteed money!!!!!

HOLY F*CKING $HIT!!!!

Pretty ridiculous for a guy coming off of a season-ending surgery.

Just another day in the life of Bills mediocrity--going nowhere fast.
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:59 AM   #23
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
That's the idea behind it all, recruiting more talent by getting Mario there. Will it work, only time will tell.

I don't think the Bills will be contenders by adding players through free agency but rather building through the draft. That's how all great teams are built and I don't understand why people go crazy about getting a big name to recruit other players.

I don't know if it's wise to waste all the cap on one player.. That is Franchise QB money. Maybe they could have gotten players like Kameron Wimbley, Eric Winston and another player with money?
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 07:09 PM   #24
beasly15
TEXANS

beasly15 has decent reputationbeasly15 has decent reputation

What i think is funny is that days before Arian Foster got signed he said "its not about the money". Maybe he was looking for 200 million.
beasly15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: