Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 12-21-2008, 11:43 PM   #16
J000
ISH #1 AFGHAN

Default Re: quit with this 2010 talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
LOL......

Its hilarious how people on this board jump off and on the bandwagon so quickly.

Fire BC....trade this player, trade that player.....

incredible.....

good thing most of you are too young to remember the real dark ages for this franchise back in the 90's. You'd all be in the loony bin by now.

Amen, to much people panicking. It's 7 games below, there is still a chance. They just need to step up big time.
J000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 AM   #17
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

I understand this 2010 talk is getting old but the fact of the matter remains that the longer the Raptors hang onto Bosh the less his value is. And if he bolts in 2010 leaving the Raps with nothing, are we still going to be saying that that 2010 talk was premature?

Problem is the Raptors really have to make a decision here(keep playing in mediocrity or blow this thing up) . Cause the core of players they have now isn't going to cut it.
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 06:27 AM   #18
pocketWs
I hit open 5-footers

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAPSCANWIN
LOL......

Its hilarious how people on this board jump off and on the bandwagon so quickly.

Fire BC....trade this player, trade that player.....

incredible.....

good thing most of you are too young to remember the real dark ages for this franchise back in the 90's. You'd all be in the loony bin by now.

I have to agree with this post. Props to you for nailing it... I've been posting here and there over a 2 year period, but actually reading these threads for the past 4 and I've never seen this much garbage, I stay off the main page for the same reason, too many threads about redundant, bandwagon jumping and ridiculous topics. It sucks to say but it's true, after every loss, new threads about how T.O. has to trade Jose; impossible trades to suddenly get an borderline all-star for one of our pine-riders. No one cares to check if a thread exists already before creating one about the same thing, so we end-up with 3 threads about trade ideas or Toronto's next move... What even worst is that when a thread is created, very few posters actually research their posts or actually have knowledge about basketball/management... For anyone asking, yes I'm done!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zan Tabak
I understand this 2010 talk is getting old but the fact of the matter remains that the longer the Raptors hang onto Bosh the less his value is. And if he bolts in 2010 leaving the Raps with nothing, are we still going to be saying that that 2010 talk was premature?

Problem is the Raptors really have to make a decision here(keep playing in mediocrity or blow this thing up) . Cause the core of players they have now isn't going to cut it.

I'm done venting but I have to awknoledge this post and say that you are absolutly correct about 2010. 2010 is in the Raptors future, Colangelo and his assistants have to evaluate the team and determine their options before 2010. Do they try to re-sign Chris Bosh and keep building around him? If that's the answer, they absoluty need to upgrade at shooting guard and small foward, management will have to realize that the only untouchable is Chris Bosh. So where do they go from there? They will have to try and package players together to get any kind of upgrade. Unfortunatly, we have to realize that we don't have much trade value on our team. So 2010 is coming, management is thinking about it, but as fans, sure we can speculate, but let's not panic right now... in 2 years, go nuts!
pocketWs is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: