Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz
    click the RS in and move the LS in and out to adjust and rotate RS to rotate the camera to see your players face etc.

Hope that helps now go kill some dragons
    thanks i am a few hours in level 8 and have not seen a dragon yet lol
    doing the mage quest line...
    just wondering since your a mage whats the best perks to get it? i am breton mage i want to have good offensive magic should i just put my perks in destructive powers?
    i am mostly putting all the perks in destructive then a few in conjuration and sometimes restoration you think its a good idea?
    and while leveling up i have just been picking magic and used health once should i start picking health and stamina a bit more??

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by LebronairJAMES
    thanks i am a few hours in level 8 and have not seen a dragon yet lol
    doing the mage quest line...
    just wondering since your a mage whats the best perks to get it? i am breton mage i want to have good offensive magic should i just put my perks in destructive powers?
    i am mostly putting all the perks in destructive then a few in conjuration and sometimes restoration you think its a good idea?
    and while leveling up i have just been picking magic and used health once should i start picking health and stamina a bit more??
    I think Clippersfan is a mage

I'm more of a warrior class, blades and shields and destruction magic

try putting some skills in alteration because you can actually increase the effectiveness of your weapons that way and potentially fight stronger opponents and level faster, but you can also alter clothing to regenerate your magicka/health/stamina faster for boss battles

i usually pick health and stamina because im a warrior and i got the dual flurry skill that lets me strike super fast with two blades (i have fire breath shout so i dont usually use my magicka unless really strong opponents)

if you go to areas that you have already cleared there is a chance you will find a dragon in the area. of the three ive killed (at lvl 12) two were unrelated to the main quest, and i've sighting 2 others that sped away (tried shooting them with arrows from afar but my aim is terrible on console)

edit:

a cool side note, I saw a dragon in the distance breathing fire and what not at something in the distance in the tundra west of High Hrothgar

when i arrived on my horse there were dead bandits and animals everywhere and there were a group of poachers threatening me to leave and eventually they attacked me for trying to take the pelts of one of the animals

it blew me away that shit is happening in the game regardless of my involvement, Bethesda did a great job making this game feel like a living breathing world
    Last edited by Burgz; 11-14-2011 at 03:58 PM.

I think Clippersfan is a mage

I'm more of a warrior class, blades and shields and destruction magic

try putting some skills in alteration because you can actually increase the effectiveness of your weapons that way and potentially fight stronger opponents and level faster, but you can also alter clothing to regenerate your magicka/health/stamina faster for boss battles

i usually pick health and stamina because im a warrior and i got the dual flurry skill that lets me strike super fast with two blades (i have fire breath shout so i dont usually use my magicka unless really strong opponents)

if you go to areas that you have already cleared there is a chance you will find a dragon in the area. of the three ive killed (at lvl 12) two were unrelated to the main quest, and i've sighting 2 others that sped away (tried shooting them with arrows from afar but my aim is terrible on console)

edit:

a cool side note, I saw a dragon in the distance breathing fire and what not at something in the distance in the tundra west of High Hrothgar

when i arrived on my horse there were dead bandits and animals everywhere and there were a group of poachers threatening me to leave and eventually they attacked me for trying to take the pelts of one of the animals

it blew me away that shit is happening in the game regardless of my involvement, Bethesda did a great job making this game feel like a living breathing world
    yeah i love when you see some random shit i once chased a wild elk and the dam thing jumps into the river and starts swimming upstream to get away its was so funny

Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Yup. Besides the one involved in quests Dragons completely attack at random. A lot of times city guards will say as you're passing things like... "I hear there is a dragon attack going on at ---------" etc. You need to keep traveling and doing quests in different areas. Fast traveling a lot works too. I went back to Mage college to find out if I could get the updated spells yet... and a dragon appeared. I owned him.

Lebron.... I'd make sure you get a dog+companion right away. Will make life MUCH easier. I can tell you the location of all 3 dogs as well as companions if you need. One dog is a demonic possessed dog that's invincible but don't get him. He freaking pushes you all the time off cliffs, out of conversations and is VERY annoying.

Meeko is the dog I'm using now. He can be found at Meeko's Shack which is directly west of Morthal. When you get closer to the shack an icon will appear on the map that looks like a shack . He's not actually in the shack. He's on the road just south of the shack (literally like 20 yards away from shack).

Also for companion.... I told you guys I'm loving this Marcurio Arcane Mage guy. He's found in Riften inn/bar. He's incredibly powerful and I like his personality. He's basically Antonio Banderas with a bad attitude lol (his accent). He's also not a goody goody type. He WILL commit all crimes with/for you.

Another tip is.. buy a horse ASAP. They cost 500 and you can get 4 different color patterns at 4 different stables of Skyrim. It makes traveling much easier and more fun. Plus they are EXCELLENT at climbing steep mountains. Never park your horse next to a troll etc... or they WILL die. You need to be cautious of where you dismount. Wherever you fast travel (main cities) they will be there waiting for you upon arrival.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Yup. Besides the one involved in quests Dragons completely attack at random. A lot of times city guards will say as you're passing things like... "I hear there is a dragon attack going on at ---------" etc. You need to keep traveling and doing quests in different areas. Fast traveling a lot works too. I went back to Mage college to find out if I could get the updated spells yet... and a dragon appeared. I owned him.

Lebron.... I'd make sure you get a dog+companion right away. Will make life MUCH easier. I can tell you the location of all 3 dogs as well as companions if you need. One dog is a demonic possessed dog that's invincible but don't get him. He freaking pushes you all the time off cliffs, out of conversations and is VERY annoying.

Meeko is the dog I'm using now. He can be found at Meeko's Shack which is directly west of Morthal. When you get closer to the shack an icon will appear on the map that looks like a shack . He's not actually in the shack. He's on the road just south of the shack (literally like 20 yards away from shack).

Also for companion.... I told you guys I'm loving this Marcurio Arcane Mage guy. He's found in Riften inn/bar. He's incredibly powerful and I like his personality. He's basically Antonio Banderas with a bad attitude lol (his accent). He's also not a goody goody type. He WILL commit all crimes with/for you.

Another tip is.. buy a horse ASAP. They cost 500 and you can get 4 different color patterns at 4 different stables of Skyrim. It makes traveling much easier and more fun. Plus they are EXCELLENT at climbing steep mountains. Never park your horse next to a troll etc... or they WILL die. You need to be cautious of where you dismount. Wherever you fast travel (main cities) they will be there waiting for you upon arrival.
    whoa what level are you at right now? if you're lower than me then im not getting my full experience!!!

Thanks for the info!

whoa what level are you at right now? if you're lower than me then im not getting my full experience!!!

Thanks for the info!
    I'm level 12. Off the top of my head I have 62 Conjuration, 49 Restoration, 32 Destruction. Why? Full experience?

Okay learned something else. Dragon burial map on Delphine's desk in her secret room. Just go through main quest line and you'll understand. I walked outside of the inn and a white dragon attacked us. Most powerful kind in game. Once again my team of Meeko, Marcurio and my Flame Atronach demon took it out in 2 minutes without me having to do anything. Love my team!

Also right now I'm putting all money into pickpocketing training. Mainly because if you become a good pickpocket you can literally steal like 5k+ gold at a time.
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 05:06 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    I'm level 12. Off the top of my head I have 62 Conjuration, 49 Restoration, 32 Destruction. Why? Full experience?
    I'm at level 12 and I haven't visited nearly as many places as you have

I'm at 54 archery, 43 one-hand, 40 destruction

as soon as i get home im gonna lay off quests in general and just explore im missing out

thanks again

I'm at level 12 and I haven't visited nearly as many places as you have

I'm at 54 archery, 43 one-hand, 40 destruction

as soon as i get home im gonna lay off quests in general and just explore im missing out

thanks again
    Oh lol. Yea dude... just do what I did and travel for companions+quests. You'll unlock so much of the map. 30+ percent of my map is filled with tons of unlocked landmarks lol. Do you have dog or companion yet?
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-14-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Yea I need 40 pickpocketing (I'm at 20 now). At 40 I can make it to where I have a 50 percent increased chance to succeed when stealing gold. I'll get rich so fast. I have a scheme. Basically steal gold I gave to trainer for training right back.. and keep re spending it. Can only level at a trainer 5 times per player level though.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Are any of the companions developed supporting characters? So far the only ones I've seen are random mercs that offer their services for money. I liked how New Vegas did the companions with each one having their own quest and adding a bit of personality to your journey.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    Are any of the companions developed supporting characters? So far the only ones I've seen are random mercs that offer their services for money. I liked how New Vegas did the companions with each one having their own quest and adding a bit of personality to your journey.
    Um... the companions do have quests for sure. Some have quests before you can even unlock them. I'd say half of them are simple pay me 500 gold mercenaries but that's fine because they aren't any weaker or gimped in any way. All companions besides dogs can do anything. A few are "good" types that won't steal ETC but that's about it.

Oh wow. I'm actually level 14.

So what do you do in the game?

Make a character? Train him? Someoneeee please fill me in.

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    So what do you do in the game?

Make a character? Train him? Someoneeee please fill me in.
    Read all my posts. I gave new players an idea of what to do and a sense of direction. I recommend starting off picking if you want to be a Mage, Warrior or Rogue. Then mastering the school/quest line for each. Right after or before that I recommend getting a companion+dog.