Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Local High School Star Inactive's Avatar

Default Re: Anyone here open their third eye?

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    No, I mean what is it
    "In Sanātana/Hindu and tantric/yogic traditions and other belief systems chakras are energy points or knots in the subtle body. Chakras are part of the subtle body, not the physical body, and as such are the meeting points of the subtle (non-physical) energy channels, called nadiis."

"Hindu tradition associates the third eye with the ajna, or brow, chakra.

In Taoism and many traditional Chinese religious sects such as Chan (a cousin to the Zen school), "third eye training" involves focusing attention on the point between the eyebrows with the eyes closed, and while the body is in various qigong postures. The goal of this training is to allow students to tune into the correct "vibration" of the universe and gain a solid foundation on which to reach more advanced meditation levels. "

"Kundalini stems from yogic philosophy as a form of shakti or "corporeal energy".[1] Kundalini is described within Eastern religious, or spiritual tradition as an indwelling spiritual energy that can be awakened in order to purify the subtle system and ultimately to bestow the state of Yoga, or divine union upon the seeker of truth."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye

Banned

Can I use yours
    That is like third eye blasphemy.

Quote Originally Posted by Inactive
    "In Sanātana/Hindu and tantric/yogic traditions and other belief systems chakras are energy points or knots in the subtle body. Chakras are part of the subtle body, not the physical body, and as such are the meeting points of the subtle (non-physical) energy channels, called nadiis."

"Hindu tradition associates the third eye with the ajna, or brow, chakra.

In Taoism and many traditional Chinese religious sects such as Chan (a cousin to the Zen school), "third eye training" involves focusing attention on the point between the eyebrows with the eyes closed, and while the body is in various qigong postures. The goal of this training is to allow students to tune into the correct "vibration" of the universe and gain a solid foundation on which to reach more advanced meditation levels. "

"Kundalini stems from yogic philosophy as a form of shakti or "corporeal energy".[1] Kundalini is described within Eastern religious, or spiritual tradition as an indwelling spiritual energy that can be awakened in order to purify the subtle system and ultimately to bestow the state of Yoga, or divine union upon the seeker of truth."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kundalini https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chakra https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third_eye
    Tl:dr

Banned

Tl:dr
    Cleared mind.
    Living only in the moment.
    You enter the [COLOR="White"]Zen[/COLOR] Zone.
    Reached Enlightenment.

Decent playground baller WindmiLL's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    Cleared mind.
    Reached Enlightenment.

In short, bullshit

Cleared mind.
    Reached Enlightenment.
    How long did it take you to open your third eye? What methods did you use?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    How long did it take you to open your third eye? What methods did you use?
    Its a fluid situation. I had it actively working for a couple a years and then some stuff happened (divorce, deaths, car accident) that caused me to regress to zombie form. I stopped attempting to stay lucid in any meditative form.

Ive been working back on it lately and its progressively getting easier. I sit zazen twice a day and try to sit zazen at least once during lucid dreaming. Although doing it while dreaming is near impossible for many days. Taking Melatonin helps with that.

I try to peak mindfulness during the day to help Lucid Dreaming and remaining in the moment. Really its just selective methods that work for me personally. I have also tried energy meditation and death meditation, much less so.

Time wise it takes the time it takes. It all depends on your discipline and natural ability to focus on being present. You never stop working on keeping it awake, it can atrophy with idleness.
    Last edited by ZeN; 10-28-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Its a fluid situation. I had it actively working for a couple a years and then some stuff happened (divorce, deaths, car accident) that caused me to regress to zombie form. I stopped attempting to stay lucid in any meditative form.

Ive been working back on it lately and its progressively getting easier. I sit zazen twice a day and try to sit zazen at least once during lucid dreaming. Although doing it while dreaming is near impossible for many days. Taking Melatonin helps with that.

I try to peak mindfulness during the day to help Lucid Dreaming and remaining in the moment. Really its just selective methods that work for me personally. I have also tried energy meditation and death meditation, much less so.

Time wise it takes the time it takes. It all depends on your discipline and natural ability to focus on being present. You never stop working on keeping it awake, it can atrophy with idleness.
    Tl;dr

Lay off the pipe bro.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Im Still Ballin
    Lay off the pipe bro.
    But laying pipe is what its all about. Bro.

Banned

ZeN, your huge amount of vocabulary is really pissing me off.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Shade8780
    ZeN, your huge amount of vocabulary is really pissing me off.
    Thats a shame.

[COLOR="White"]http://www.thesaurus.com/

http://dictionary.reference.com/[/COLOR]

But laying pipe is what its all about. Bro.
    This is true.

How long do you sit zazen per day?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    How long do you sit zazen per day?
    I spend 20-40 minutes in the morning and the same quantity once again about 8-10 hours later.

About 5-10 minutes of mindfulness before sleep.

I occasionally delve into other methods of meditation but the above is my behaviored routine. I sometimes do energy, guided or chanting meditation at random times.