Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #61
Real Men Wear Green
Please clap.

Default Re: trump destroys corpse mccain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker

Is this why Jeff deleted all the threads? You never made posts about Trump and Russia?
Yeah that's it, I'm being protected from stupid arguments by trumpanzees.

If you expect me to respond to something you have to give me something to respond to. I was hoping for embarrassment, and am still crossing my fingers that he will have to pardon himself and/or his kids. But I've never predicted impeachment, sorry to ruin your day. Pelosi isn't for it and even if they did impeach the Senate won't convict without a smoking gun. Don't see much improvement in having Pence as president either, just would like to see Trump embarrassed. Which is now up to the various states and the House to investigate.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 05:43 PM   #62
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

So anyone here want to revisit the harsh criticism of McCain given the new revelations from Lindsey Graham?

Quote:
Graham encouraged McCain to turn Trump-Russia dossier over to FBI

GOP Sen. Lindsey Graham said Monday that he told the late Sen. John McCain to turn over the dossier of Trump-Russia allegations to the FBI, pushing back against President Donald Trump's assertions that the Arizona Republican helped fan the flames of the Russia investigation.

Graham told CNN after a news conference that he told Trump in Florida this weekend that "Sen. McCain deserves better" than the way the President has been publicly disparaging the late senator and war hero in the last week. And Graham publicly acknowledged he had advanced knowledge of the dossier, the existence of which has enraged the President.

Graham defended McCain's role and said that he told Trump that his close friend's involvement was limited.

Graham added: "I told the President it was not John McCain. I know because John McCain showed me the dossier. And I told him the only thing I knew to do with it, it could be a bunch of garbage, it could be true, who knows? Turn it over to somebody who's job it is to find these things out and John McCain acted appropriately."

Asked more about the matter later, Graham said he put the dossier in "a safe" the day he got it and turned it over to the FBI the next day.

"And I understand that, clearly people are in the McCain world that did some things inappropriate but it was not John McCain. John McCain did not give it to anybody in the press, he talked to me just as soon as he got it, and he turned it over to the FBI and that's exactly what he should have done."
MaxFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:02 PM   #63
Jasper
Bucks Brigade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Chewing
You are lost alright.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/trump-adm...complishments/

And just yesterday he signed an executive order that protects free speech on college campuses.

Oh, and the last ISIS stronghold was demolished the other day, so in essence, ISIS is no more. The JV team known as ISIS.
great website link of self proclaimed achievements....
funny most presidents do the same without an advertisement of how great he is....

I love this one :
We have begun BUILDING THE WALL. Republicans want STRONG BORDERS and NO CRIME. Democrats want OPEN BORDERS which equals MASSIVE CRIME.

And just where is that ?? he has not had funds put towards it

Then of course his coal barons get no more omissions restrictions , because the Trump tards think the world is flat and there is no global warming ..
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2019, 06:18 PM   #64
dude77
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxFly
So anyone here want to revisit the harsh criticism of McCain given the new revelations from Lindsey Graham?

he's just defending his old friend .. you just know mccain was smiling at the prospect of that dossier screwing over trump
dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:16 AM   #65
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
Ok.

As Iíve said, I can see giving it to the FBI. That doesnít seem like an unreasonable thing to do. But sending your aide out to give it to a dozen media outlets? If he did that, itís despicable.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2019, 12:51 PM   #66
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Ok.

As Iíve said, I can see giving it to the FBI. That doesnít seem like an unreasonable thing to do. But sending your aide out to give it to a dozen media outlets? If he did that, itís despicable.

Lindsey Graham has said that McCain was not the one who turned it over to the media. I'll quote him again from my post you responded to.

Quote:
"And I understand that, clearly people are in the McCain world that did some things inappropriate but it was not John McCain. John McCain did not give it to anybody in the press, he talked to me just as soon as he got it, and he turned it over to the FBI and that's exactly what he should have done."

As for David Kramer, the McCain associate who did give the dossier to media entities, I'll repost what I posted previously based on Kramer's testimony to Congress.

Quote:
John McCain's associate, David Kramer, was the one who met with the Buzzfeed reporter regarding the dossier, and it was that reporter who took pictures of it and reported on it, allegedly against David Kramer's wishes according to Kramer's testimony. Kramer also gave it to McClatchy news, the Wall Street Journal and the Washington Post. At no time during his testimony did Kramer indicate that he was acting on behalf of McCain in meeting with reporters, that McCain asked him to give the dossier to reporters or that McCain was even aware that he had done so before reports of the dossier hit the media. Kramer did testify that McCain asked him to share the dossier with a State Department official and a National Security Council official to see if it was being taken seriously in government circles before McCain went to the FBI.

By all accounts, McCain neither leaked nor directed the leak of the dossier to the media.

One thing to note... did you also consider it "despicable" or Trump and his people "scumbags" when they promoted and celebrated the leaking of what they and everyone knew to be stolen private e-mails derived from illegal hacking during the Presidential election? We know that people close to Trump even directed some of the timing of those leaks? I haven't seen you use such strong language in relation to them.
Old 03-30-2019, 11:23 PM   #67
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Still waiting for a response to the above from Six...
Old 03-31-2019, 06:32 AM   #68
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

Quote:
One thing to note... did you also consider it "despicable" or Trump and his people "scumbags" when they promoted and celebrated the leaking of what they and everyone knew to be stolen private e-mails derived from illegal hacking during the Presidential election?
Of course not. I’ve never applied that standard to anyone else, so why would I apply it to them?

Many people have leaked things about Trump. I don’t blame his political enemies for acknowledging the leaks or even taking political advantage of it. I blame the leakers, not the people who simply acknowledge the leaked material.

Do you think it’s bad that Bernie supporters protested the Dems’ convention over the anti-Bernie bias in the leaked DNC emails? What are they supposed to do? Just pretend it doesn’t exist?

This is a nonsense point you’re trying to make.

Quote:
We know that people close to Trump even directed some of the timing of those leaks?
We absolutely don’t know that. We know there have been media claims of this, which doesn’t mean much.

I’m pretty sure that if it was actually true that an American was directing a foreign organization (Wikileaks) to release ANYTHING for the purpose of helping a campaign, Mueller would have at the least charged them with a campaign finance violation. But he didn’t charge anybody for doing that, which leads to the obvious conclusion that this didn’t actually happen.
NumberSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 05:45 PM   #69
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
Of course not. Iíve never applied that standard to anyone else, so why would I apply it to them?

Many people have leaked things about Trump. I donít blame his political enemies for acknowledging the leaks or even taking political advantage of it. I blame the leakers, not the people who simply acknowledge the leaked material.

Do you think itís bad that Bernie supporters protested the Demsí convention over the anti-Bernie bias in the leaked DNC emails? What are they supposed to do? Just pretend it doesnít exist?

This is a nonsense point youíre trying to make.

No... it's right on point. So the Clinton camp neither used nor leaked the dossier. They didn't even send it to the FBI. The Obama camp wasn't involved either. It was the Republicans. Imagine that. Now some of you guys are crying about dirty and despicable politics, but Don Jr. meeting with actual Russians to get dirt on Clinton and the Trump working to direct the release of e-mails they knew were hacked is just "Meh" right?

Quote:
We absolutely donít know that. We know there have been media claims of this, which doesnít mean much.

What are you talking about? Jerome Corsi testified to it.

Quote:
Corsi writes in his forthcoming book "Silent No More" that he told the grand jury impaneled for special counsel Robert Mueller's federal Russia investigation that Stone, a confidant of President Trump, requested the favor on Oct. 7, 2016, the same day the so-called "Access Hollywood" tape was published by the Washington Post, according to the Daily Caller on Tuesday.

In his tell-all, Corsi recounts how his attorney, David Gray, spoke with Aaron Zelinsky, a prosecutor working for Muellerís office, about the recording and email dump.

ďZelinsky told David Gray that Stone had told me in advance about the Billy Bush video and asked me to get word to Assange to hold the release of the first batch of the Podesta emails until after the Washington Post had published the damaging Billy Bush Ďhot micí recording,Ē Corsi wrote. ďThat is exactly what happened.Ē
Old 05-30-2019, 07:46 PM   #70
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

John McCain just can't catch a break. Seems like the ill feelings towards McCain, or at least agency in regards to those ill feelings, have spread to White House staff who were "well meaning" according to Trump.

Old 05-30-2019, 07:50 PM   #71
highwhey
que miras puto

Quote:
John McCain just can't catch a break. Seems like the ill feelings towards McCain, or at least agency in regards to those ill feelings, have spread to White House staff who were "well meaning" according to Trump.

trump is the most insecure and butthurt human to ever live
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2019, 07:53 PM   #72
MaxFly
Stylin' on you

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

In Trump's defense, it doesn't sound like he ordered this... but what is going on and what is being said in the White House if staffers think this sort of request is appropriate?
Old 05-30-2019, 08:50 PM   #73
SomeBlackDude
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey

never seen a living man so shook of a dead man.

there are zombie movies with people less frazzled by the dead.

SomeBlackDude is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: