Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Phoenix Suns Forum

Phoenix Suns Forum Phoenix Suns forum - Phoenix Suns message board

Old 10-28-2009, 08:44 PM   #1
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

Default Suns Season Opener!

R U ORNG... Kind of a lame promotion but fuggit. Time for the season to start and for us to explode in the western conference..
DirtBag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Maniak
TJ Warren

Default Re: Suns Season Opener!

I can't wait.

It seems like ISH's Suns community has slowly been growing hopefully we can see more ORNG peeps here I'd be really happy....
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:04 PM   #3
Maniak
TJ Warren

We are pretty shorthanded tonight.

It seems like we might(pessimistic thoughts) have a loss here.

Foul trouble and no Jrich...and I think we are missing someone else too
Old 10-28-2009, 11:32 PM   #4
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

I came here to reply to our pm... Frye got 3 fouls in the first quarter looks like we'll have to wait and see if he can make a difference for our team.. ON THE BRIGHT SIDE I am impressed with Earl Clark so far. I know I'm up in the draft but I'm still deciding
Old 10-29-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

with 6 minutes left, I am not impressed with our performance.. hopefully something will change in the last few minutes here... I know we're not at full strength but the Clips got completely outclassed by LAL last night and tonight we have been playing catch up almost the entire night.
Old 10-29-2009, 01:22 AM   #6
DirtBag
Hero's Herald

I was much more impressed with the last 6 mins.. Rusual Butler made a tough 3ptr to tie the game, Amar'es D was tight on that. Nothing you can do there. Steve came back and made a tough shot in the lane. Suns played good tough D again as the Clips inbounded the ball, GREAT NO CALL by the ref on the flop by Eric Gordon (I believe). Suns played good D again on the inbound, Amar'e again forced to guard up top at the 3pt line and did good not getting baited in with the pump fake. Shot never had a chance, looked like he was going for foul shots more than making it.

Was impressed with Earl Clark during his time out there, I hope he plays like that all year

Channing frye made a few shots down the stretch that helped us get to a point where we could actually win the game. So that helps with the disappointment of him getting in early foul trouble. Also he had helluva block late in the game on Eric Gordon I believe.

I still firmly believe we should trade Barbosa, but no way we win this game without him. Now if we had JRICH which we will Barbs is expendable... Good game Blur but Trade him.

The Usual suspects all played great (Nash Stat GHILL etc)

all the Suns starters scored in double figures

most importantly we have a winning record 1-0

Old 10-29-2009, 10:26 AM   #7
Maniak
TJ Warren

Im loving this.

Sick game winner by Nash. Im wearing my jersey today to honor him

On another note, did you guys see the Spurs? Tim had 9 points and they still annihilated the Hornets.

And the Celtics won a dominant game. KG sat on Felton and had him get 15 stitches..

Those are 2 teams to really watch out for this year if healthy.
Old 10-29-2009, 11:40 AM   #8
nmsunsfan
I airball my layups

Nash is oh so clutch. Glad to see him still step it up when needed. I was amazed at the 2 no-calls there in the closing seconds... don't think I've ever witnessed that in favor of the Suns. lol.
nmsunsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 03:02 PM   #9
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

E. Clark was very impressive in the mins he got, I think he really fits in with the Suns theme

The team overall looked “ok” I think they looked like it was their first game haha, they need to improve defensively (who hasn’t said that lol) playing 4 mins of solid D in the 4th will not work against a good team (Lakers, Spurs, Celtics, Magic, etc..)

Amar’e looked very tentative and reluctant to do anything, he only took 6 shots, and I didn’t see him get a dunk or go to the rim haha, I think he has that “mental” wall from the eye injury, he’ll be ok once he gets past that, I wasn’t impressed with his play, I mean playing 40 mins and only getting 5 rebs, Suns can’t win most nights if Hill leads the team in rebs, he had 13, Amar’e needs to step up the rebounding ASAP!

On a brighter note, Nash and Hill looked great, both were ballin, Nash gets 15 of his 24 in the 4th, I don’t know why he don’t shoot more, he is deadly, and he seems to still get to the rim with ease, Hill on the other hand looks retro to me, he looks like he got his old Duke fade hair cut and took his game back a few years cuz he was on point! Very impressed with him performance!

If/When Amar’e gains the confidence to bang a little, they will start to sneak up on some teams, I don’t think anyone outside of the Valley is really giving them a chance to be honest, but hey its always fun to surprise people! I wanna also see this Channing Frye, I think with his ability to spread the floor that really opens things back up for Amar’e do work but well see, Collins, I don’t think is much of a pick up, I am sure once Lopez returns and is full speed, Collins will get the boot, unless he shows us all something in the limited mins he will see, oh I also thought Dragic played good, we need that, esp. seeing they call him the PG of the future! All in all, ok performance, nice win to start the season, cant wait for the rest of the games!

On a side note, I will be attending the Home Opener, Friday when the Suns take on the Warriors, so I will give my thoughts first hand off that game haha!

Last edited by ThyGreatOne : 10-29-2009 at 03:05 PM.
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:19 AM   #10
WonkeyDonkey
live n die by the 3's.

got to give dudley lots of credits too.
damn i like what im seeing from dudley and clark.
WonkeyDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: