Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default Should you or should you not whoop your kids?

I was just thinking right now that when I have kids I'm never going to spank them. Hope when I grow up I don't forget that. What do you current and future ISH parents think?

Banned

Default Re: Should you or should you not whoop your kids?

Timeouts and groundings always works. Also a cut on allowance.

I disagree with being violent to your children. Because it only teaches your children that they need to be violent to gain respect and get a point across. Crime rates in inner cities attest to my claims.

I think there's better ways of disciplining your kids. Parents who spank have piss poor genetics and are lazy in general. If your kid is a little brat who can't mind then you have piss poor genetics - plain and simple. Parents who pass on their lousy DNA to their lousy offspring tend to spank their kids. Take out their pent up anger on their shitty kids... what losers.

Whooping kids can work. That is what I'll do.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Whooping kids works. That is what I'll do.
    Case in point.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    I think there's better ways of disciplining your kids. Parents who spank have piss poor genetics and are lazy in general. If your kid is a little brat who can't mind then you have piss poor genetics - plain and simple. Parents who pass on their lousy DNA to their lousy offspring tend to spank their kids. Take out their pent up anger on their shitty kids... what losers.
    I wouldn't say all that...

Time-outs, stern talks and non-violent punishments are the way to go.

By beating a kid, you're really just telling them, "Hey, if you don't like what someone is doing, beat them up." Kids learn from everything we do. Trust me, I know by experience as a father.

There are always parents who will tell you that their kid doesn't respond to time-outs & etc., so that's why they spank their kids. Umm... Maybe because they need tried TALKING? Right? It's always been about spanking, so now they think it's too late to discipline the child any other way.

You have to establish the pecking order somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I wouldn't say all that...
    He's the kid who cursed out his mother in the store in front of adults. When in reality his mother should have popped him in the mouth, grabbed him by his suspenders and nearly choked him blue.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I was just thinking right now that when I have kids I'm never going to spank them. Hope when I grow up I don't forget that. What do you current and future ISH parents think?
    I def will.

Not BEAT them, but def spank them and if needed hit them enough to get some sense into them.

I was blessed to have my dad in my life. I could've easily turned the wrong way but all it took was one beating and I was set straight. I never tested his nerves again. Whenever I found myself in situations that could've easily got me in trouble, I thought about him beating the shit outta me.

never again.

A child needs to learn authority and respect. They can't see you as a 'friend' or they'll test those boundaries, and when they do they need to be reminded who the adult is.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    Whooping kids can work. That is what I'll do.
    Get ready for your child to be involved in school fights, then evolving into drug dealing and street captain wars. Evolving to making false claiming "hood" rap DVDs and a funeral in his name at the age of 19.

Daughter? Get ready for her to be the loud mouth 17yr old baby mama I'll be denying at the welfare office.

Banned

Parents who don't discipline their kids in anyway are worse than parents who do.

Ass-whoopings at a young age aren't really effective, yelling and grounding your kids is the best for little children.

For teenagers, I'd beat the sh*t out of him/her with a belt if they do something seriously bad. I would then ground them.

Kids -> Yell + Ground

Teens -> Whoop + Ground

Quote Originally Posted by Scholar
    Time-outs, stern talks and non-violent punishments are the way to go.

By beating a kid, you're really just telling them, "Hey, if you don't like what someone is doing, beat them up." Kids learn from everything we do. Trust me, I know by experience as a father.

There are always parents who will tell you that their kid doesn't respond to time-outs & etc., so that's why they spank their kids. Umm... Maybe because they need tried TALKING? Right? It's always been about spanking, so now they think it's too late to discipline the child any other way.
    Good post. I agree 100%.

I grew up around kids who's parents spanked them - they FEARED their parents, and I don't mean that in a good way. My dad lead by example - worked his ass off every single day and I intuitively knew what he expected of me. That's where common sense and genetics come to play. I just don't have an answer for kids who don't have common sense or a moral compass. They're the losers of society.

Banned

Also, if I found out my black son from Alabama is shy at school, likes the Orlando Magic, and watches hentai..... I'd f*cking beat the sh*t out of him until he learns to be normal.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick James
    Get ready for your child to be involved in school fights, then evolving into drug dealing and street captain wars. Evolving to making false claiming "hood" rap DVDs and a funeral in his name at the age of 19.

Daughter? Get ready for her to be the loud mouth 17yr old baby mama I'll be denying at the welfare office.
    Me and my sister received whoopings. None of the above happened. Sucks being wrong no?