Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #1
konex
NBA All-star

Default What's the best way to get the most money for "like new" auto parts?

I just got a Kia Forte but the EX version has small tires and ****ty wheels with covers. I wanna get some 17s with new tires but need to unload the OEM stuff as well. What is my best option? Ebay? I know I'd get screwed in a trade in at the tire/wheel store
konex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:37 AM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: What's the best way to get the most money for "like new" auto parts?

Open up your phone book and call every junk yard in town.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:43 AM   #3
RidonKs
rank sentamentalist

Default Re: What's the best way to get the most money for "like new" auto parts?

Buying inexpensive like-new autoparts for your piece of **** Kia isn't your forte...

But this is:

RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:57 AM   #4
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

I might be buying a car within the next few weeks. My ride qualifies for the "clunker" incentive going on right now. Plus, I can get some killer deals on top of that. Right now my Lexus gets about average of 18 mpg. Yikes. It being a V8 doesn't help. I was enjoying not having a car payment, but I think it's time to upgrade to a more fuel efficient vehicle.
Pain of Thought is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:03 AM   #5
konex
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RidonKs
Buying inexpensive like-new autoparts for your piece of **** Kia isn't your forte...

But this is:

Mine is a silver EX. I didn't shell out $800 for the alloys and moonroof though..
Old 08-05-2009, 11:05 AM   #6
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

craigslist.org

wouldn't bother with ebay with the fees and shipping.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #7
The_Night_Elf
My Game's Nucking Futs

Forums just like this one. Find one specializing in Kia's and maybe even Forte's. You'll not only find really good deals but learn a lot about your car from other owners and shops that may specialize in them...
The_Night_Elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 11:35 AM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Yo Josh, if I were you, I'd find out someway to wreck your engine and take advantage of the cash for clunkers program. You can get up to $4500 for your car.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #9
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Yo Josh, if I were you, I'd find out someway to wreck your engine and take advantage of the cash for clunkers program. You can get up to $4500 for your car.

If your engine is "wrecked" it doesn't qualify. It has to be in "stable running condition" for you to qualify. They don't want people going to junkyards and bringing cars in. You car has to already been on the road and have been used.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:05 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
If your engine is "wrecked" it doesn't qualify. It has to be in "stable running condition" for you to qualify. They don't want people going to junkyards and bringing cars in. You car has to already been on the road and have been used.

Hmmm, I guess I misunderstood the program, then. I saw a video-clip online, a company was selling a liquid that turns to a solid when heated. Pour it onto the engine and run it, the liquid will solidify and seize the engine. I guess they misunderstood the program, too.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:07 PM   #11
Pain of Thought
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Hmmm, I guess I misunderstood the program, then. I saw a video-clip online, a company was selling a liquid that turns to a solid when heated. Pour it onto the engine and run it, the liquid will solidify and seize the engine. I guess they misunderstood the program, too.

LOL - I guess so. The engines from what I understand will still be trashed, but the purpose was to get gas guzzling vehicles that are on the road NOW off the road, which is why the vehicle must be in running condition. If it were sitting in a junkyard, it would defeat one of the main purposes of the program.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:18 PM   #12
NoGunzJustSkillz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain of Thought
LOL - I guess so. The engines from what I understand will still be trashed, but the purpose was to get gas guzzling vehicles that are on the road NOW off the road, which is why the vehicle must be in running condition. If it were sitting in a junkyard, it would defeat one of the main purposes of the program.

yeah the car had to be registered to u and i think insured for the past 2 years to qualify.
NoGunzJustSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:07 PM   #13
konex
NBA All-star

I might just be stuck with them as backup tires. The junk yards I called are only interested in the wheels as scrap

Here's what I replaced them with though:

This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: