Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Player's Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And who are these top NBA players that are better than any Euroleague player? Derrick Rose sure the hell is not one of them. In addition to that, his game is not suited for Euroleague. His game is not even suited for NBA of the 80s-90s.

I understand if you are a Bulls fan that you like Rose. And I don't think Rose is bad player, if he played within his limits. But to suggest that he would be "the best point guard in Europe hands down" is just ridiculous.

I don't think he would be even remotely near that. I am just being realistic and objective in that assessment. You, on the other hand, are not.

Yeah because you have given concrete facts to support your claims.

Rose led a team of taped and glued together parts with no real big men (relatively speaking) to a WC title over much more experienced and cohesive teams when you said he could not.

Rose is tons better than Bo McCalebb who has seen some Euro success.

1. LBJ
    2. D Wade
    3. Kobe

are better than any Euros you could pit against them.

agree or no.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan95
    Sorry, but Olympics have always been irrelevant... you have to look at World Championship...
    Winners:
    Yugoslavia - 5 times
    U.S. 4 times
    Soviet Union - 3 times
    Brazil 2 times
    Spain 1 time
    Argentina 1 time

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

Quote Originally Posted by Go Getter
    1.) The NBA is physical and they play some d....evidenced by Team USA locking the best of Europe DOWN in the WC. Led the tourney in assists and steals.

2.) The Bulls offense IS stale, unimaginative, often unorganized, and sloppy (sometimes)...it happens when you have a new coach and 7 new players.

3.) Rose had a bad playoff series. No excuses. He did. But the things you're saying are crazy.

4.) Rose had little trouble playing in FIBA....a couple of off games but a few good ones as well.

5.) His FIBA numbers are okay. He did well against the Spanish zone you touted so much. He was the starting PG of the WC team. If you think the NBA and FIBA cheats for us then why even watch/waste your time on something invalid?

The NBA is the biggest sissy pansy candy ass league of all known or relevant pro basketball leagues.

This myth about the Olympics and WC and Team USA is complete nonsense. I will explain it again. Team USA is reffed as the way the NBA plays and are given special treatment. Also, the physical play is NOT allowed against them.

In European club basketball the special treatment for American players does not exist. Also, the level of physical play allowed is a lot higher. It's not even similar at all. Not even close.

Deron Williams himself, told the media the games in Europe are much different than the Olympics and way more physical and that there is no comparison. Are saying Williams is a liar?

You need to come to accept reality. Team USA is helped by the refs in every single game they played since they lost that game to Greece. It is nothing based in reality at all. FIBA and the Olympics are today exactly like the NBA as long as Team USA is playing. It's completely rigged and manufactured.

European club basketball is generally not. Team USA has not played against any physicality in 5 years, because the refs will not allow it.

Honestly, the Euroleague is a good 2-3 times more physical even than EuroBasket is. Euroleague, in reality, is probably even a little bit too physical. It's basically like the Heat-Knicks playoff games of the 90s on steroids, plus a true zone defense. It's even a bit overboard to be truthful.

Team USA has never seen anything near that physical because it is never allowed for any team to play even half that physical against them.

Quote Originally Posted by chains5000
    You can't just assume he'd get the same numbers as in the WC.
    Playing for an Euroleague team, he wouldn't have the same teammates, which could be good or bad, obviously (for his stats).
    FYI, Derrick Rose averaged 7/3 at the 2010 FIBA World Championship:

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages...9/profile.html

You gotta learn to identify troll posts, you know,
    They were not trolling. They were being dead serious and it included several "well respected posters". That's the thing. They were NOT trolling. They actually believe this.

Default Re: ESPN: NBA Players Performance Overseas Already Damaging NBA Brand

The NBA is the biggest sissy pansy candy ass league of all known or relevant pro basketball leagues.

This myth about the Olympics and WC and Team USA is complete nonsense. I will explain it again. Team USA is reffed as the way the NBA plays and are given special treatment. Also, the physical play is NOT allowed against them.

In European club basketball the special treatment for American players does not exist. Also, the level of physical play allowed is a lot higher. It's not even similar at all. Not even close.

Deron Williams himself, told the media the games in Europe are much different than the Olympics and way more physical and that there is no comparison. Are saying Williams is a liar?

You need to come to accept reality. Team USA is helped by the refs in every single game they played since they lost that game to Greece. It is nothing based in reality at all. FIBA and the Olympics are today exactly like the NBA as long as Team USA is playing. It's completely rigged and manufactured.

European club basketball is generally not. Team USA has not played against any physicality in 5 years, because the refs will not allow it.

Honestly, the Euroleague is a good 2-3 times more physical even than EuroBasket is. Euroleague, in reality, is probably even a little bit too physical. It's basically like the Heat-Knicks playoff games of the 90s on steroids, plus a true zone defense. It's even a bit overboard to be truthful.

Team USA has never seen anything near that physical because it is never allowed for any team to play even half that physical against them.

If the NBA is a pansy league and the all the games are rigged then why waste your time man?

If you KNEW that FIBA would cheat in favor of the NBA then why would you support such a travesty?

If I felt like you I wouldn't watch a minute of ball.

Do you know how jaded and biased you sound?

"Team USA hasn't been in a fair game since the last time they were beaten"

FYI, Derrick Rose averaged 7/3 at the 2010 FIBA World Championship:

http://www.turkey2010.fiba.com/pages...9/profile.html
    As I posted, you can't just say he'd get the same numbers in a normal team (team not made of NBA players where shots should be shared more equally than in common one).

In fact, some coaches (maybe all of them) speak English during timeouts.
    You can hear it during televised games.
    Exactly. I see this nonsense in every US sports site that "they can't play there because it is a different language"...........

The teams in Europe are operated in ENGLISH. The teams are full of players from all over. Of course they have to speak in English. I mean being a coach it's a basic requirement that you can speak in English.

It's really hard to believe these NBA only fans that claim they know all about Euroleague and follow it and watch games and all that, then keep claiming that Americans "face a language barrier". Because the teams in Europe train using the English language.

So why the hell would there be a language barrier? It makes no sense at all.

Exactly. I see this nonsense in every US sports site that "they can't play there because it is a different language"...........

The teams in Europe are operated in ENGLISH. The teams are full of players from all over. Of course they have to speak in English. I mean being a coach it's a basic requirement that you can speak in English.

It's really hard to believe these NBA only fans that claim they know all about Euroleague and follow it and watch games and all that, then keep claiming that Americans "face a language barrier". Because the teams in Europe train using the English language.

So why the hell would there be a language barrier? It makes no sense at all.
    People from England and America both speak English but moving from here to there would still cause one to have to adjust.

1.) No one said language was the cause of poor play...it was added in with other factors.

2.) You just like arguing over bullshit--you live a sad life.

I'm talking about the adjustment from being able to understand all your teammates, fans, and stadium workers to not being able to as well. I'm not making that an excuse, I'm saying that SOME players might need more time to adjust considering all the factors I listed.

I also stated (in so many words) that D Will might be getting his ass handed to him because he's out of shape and under estimating his comp.
    The players speak English. You see, this is just typical. People in USA just seem to have no concept of anything outside the USA.

The players SPEAK ENGLISH.

I can tell you that in the Greek basketball academies, for instance, that every single player has to be able to read and write English. You are just imagining things that are not true.

Quote Originally Posted by SunsCaptain
    Olympics:

1936: U.S.

1948: U.S.

1952: U.S.

1956: U.S.

1960: U.S.

1964: U.S.

1968: U.S.

1972: Soviet Union

1976: U.S.

1980: Yugoslavia

1984: U.S.

1988: Soviet Union

1992: U.S.

1996: U.S.

2000: U.S.

2004: Argentina

2008: U.S.

U.S. wins in 2012 =)

I think its pretty undisputed who is the best.

There is talent all over the world. Bad players in the nba...good players in the nba. Bad players overseas, good players overseas. But the NBA has the most talent by far.

Just the facts.

Basically look at it like you are holding tryouts for your school basketball team.

School A has 500 kids. School B has 1500 kids.

School A has 20 kids come to tryouts. School B has a couple Days of tryouts and over 100 kids to pick from.

The NBA has better players coming into the league. The talent will be much higher. And they will have less bad players.

This is like somebody trying to say that canadian football is better than the NFL...

The Olympics has literally nothing to do with the Euroleague.

The players speak English. You see, this is just typical. People in USA just seem to have no concept of anything outside the USA.

The players SPEAK ENGLISH.

I can tell you that in the Greek basketball academies, for instance, that every single player has to be able to read and write English. You are just imagining things that are not true.

When i went to Saudi the TCN crew chiefs could speak English--still doesn't mean that I understood what they were saying or that there wasn't a CULTURE barrier...

Do you even get what I'm saying?

No...you just take one arbitrary comment and use it as fuel for an insane tirade.

have at it man.

1.) I just saw Bo McCalebb take Barcelona off the dribble a lot in some highlights--Rose couldn't do that?

2.) Rose can't run an offense?

3.) Rose can't drive and dish?

You are trolling bud, but keep on...it's what you do best.

Remember, you said Team USA would NOT win gold and they did.

You CAN be wrong sometimes.
    Like I said, you are trolling.

Like I said, you are trolling.
    And you were wrong about the WC, you lied and ranted about how the NBA sucked and will lose against Spain's true zone, and when they didn't you made an excuse, tucked tail and left like a lil coward instead of taking your lumps.

Truth hurts.

He beasted, no doubt.

Too bad Euroleague won't give him and Team USA props for what they did.

When we win gold in the summer he'll be filled with more excuses.
    FIBA World Championship and the Olympics are now rigged. They are no different than the NBA anymore. I won't even watch the Olympics basketball tournament next summer. It was a complete joke in 2008. The 2010 WC was the biggest disgrace I have ever seen in sports history.

I honestly don't care if USA wins every game by 100 points because it's just rigged. And I will not be surprised one bit if USA does not lose another game for 20-30 years. Because the games are so rigged.

Hell, the entire 2010 WC tournament was obviously predetermined. FIBA even got scared after the backlash, which was extreme because people were so angry.

At one time, these tournaments had meaning. They now have no meaning. It's just like watching WWE. It's not an actual sports competition.

I still like EuroBasket and Americas tournaments. They are still good and worth watching, but the other two have become completely unwatchable, rigged, scripted, fixed, hot garbage.

Hell, I hope USA wins every game by 50 points next summer. That way people will stop watching it and the Olympics will lose money and then maybe the tournament will be cancelled. Because it's become such a huge joke after 2008 anyway. It's just a black mark on basketball now.

And what a strange coincidence that this all started after David Stern got control over the FIBA council appointments......what a strange and bizarre coincidence that is.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 10-15-2011 at 07:03 AM.