Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Question Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

You can go over three weeks without the shit as long as you have water...

Ever since I moved out and actually had to pay for and get my own shit I've been eating only about 1000 calories a day, and have dropped 15-20 pds in 2 months. and inb4 "jew diet!" no you idiots, I'm not poor, I just don't like spending money on unnecessary shit when it can go to cooler shit.

Lol @ idiots who willingly pay for high calorie foods or overeat shit.

P.S. it's not that hard to lose weight ya f*cktards, just stop buying all this food that you're eating. Buy maybe one box of cereal, one box of oatmeal, one gallon of milk, two apples, one tin of tuna and let it last you a week.
    Last edited by russwest0; 10-23-2014 at 06:26 AM.

rank sentamentalist

Default Re: Why do so many people place such an importance on food?

because when done right its awesome and delicious and not necessarily bad for you... in fact preferably very good for you?

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    because when done right its awesome and delicious and not necessarily bad for you... in fact preferably very good for you?
    subway is still bad for you dude.... all studies point to less eating = longer living.

restrict your caloric intake to 1000 a day and you'll live 8-10 years longer if not more. guaranteed.

rank sentamentalist

it's also not necessarily expensive.

i don't really like subway. the veggies there suck, no taste whatsoever. first time i ordered olives there was one of the last times i ever ate there.

but to answer your question, food has addictive qualities like practically anything else. i've gone on pizza and fried chicken and mcdonalds binges just because i was too lazy to cook anything. i knew it was terrible for me and i felt like shit after every meal... but i kept ordering and eating it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by russwest0
    subway is still bad for you dude.... all studies point to less eating = longer living.

restrict your caloric intake to 1000 a day and you'll live 8-10 years longer if not more. guaranteed.
    You won't live 8-10 years on a 1000 a day diet.
    Your organs simple wouldn't get enough energy needed to properly function, so you would die pretty fast

Hustle Loyalty Respect Knicks101's Avatar

1000 calories? What do you weigh, 80lbs?

Food too mainstream. That's taking the hipster movement to a whole new level.

Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice . But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

cooking and eating is enjoyable.

You can live frugally and still eat a normal diet. Eggs, pasta, seasonal veggies, meat on sale, etc., are all cheap.

You don't need to eat like a hobo to save money.

I pay for all my own food and I'm taking in 3000 calories a day and its not expensive

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

1000 calories a day

how about getting a formal education and finding a proper job so you don't have to worry about how much you spend on food

Sunshine State

Because it's f*cking delicious.

NBA Superstar

because food can be a pleasure in life, like sex and alcohol/drugs. with that there can also be addictionn too, anything good seems to always have bad like that.

cutting that all out is probably healthier for u, including sex. guess it depends if u want to live strictly efficiently or enjoying lifes pleasures some.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    1000 calories a day

how about getting a formal education and finding a proper job so you don't have to worry about how much you spend on food
    I work 35 hours at a decent job and am going to college full time as well.

It's not about being poor as I already alluded to. I have plenty of money and never dip below 1000+ dollars in my bank acct. It's about spending an excess of money on shit that is lowering your lifespan.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by joe
    Well, your post speaks to two things I put much importance on: food and frugality.

Eating right, to me, is one of the most important things in life. My soul is attached to my body. If my body doesnt feel right, I cant feel right either. So I want to not be sick, I want to have energy, I want to feel healthy and spry.

Saving money is also important so you need to be smart. Cut out expensive snacks. Dont get grape juice when apple juice is two dollars cheaper. Even though I love grape juice . But you have to make sacrifices.

And I am interested by the idea that eating less will make you live longer? Do you have any links? I could just look it up but I will ask you first :)
    Here's a good place to start for links about it

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0401111957.htm