Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 10-29-2007, 12:59 PM   #1
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Default Does my team have a chance for a championship?

12 team/h2h/9 cat League.
I know I've been posting a lot, but I have the day off and I'm so excited for the season to begin. I was 6th place last year. This is my 2nd year and I've done some research from a variety of places and I hoped it paid off. Did it? Any suggestions for my team? I tried trading Rudy Gay for Bargs, but it was rejected. Thought that could help my FT% with hurting my team. I also tried trading Al Horford+D Harris for Monta Ellis (to a team with only one center), that also was rejected. I really have been sold on the idea Dwight Howard will improve his FT% and TO's...But, I've been having second thoughts when I read other people's thoughts of the matter. Some people have commented saying trade Biedrins for Ellis straight up and he might bite. I love Monta Ellis, but I am concerned about all the GS Talent off the bench. Biedrins starting strengthens his value. I've also toyed with the idea of trading Dwight Howard for Gerald Wallace. Someone also suggested trading Brad Miller and someone else for Andre Miller.
Would any of these ideas help my team? I'm hoping to take Rebs, Blocks, and FG% most weeks. (But that's only 3/9). I also feel I will be competitive with threes and points (that would be 5/9). Thanks in advance...Leave a link if you need any help.

1. (4) Gilbert Arenas PG
2. (21) Dwight Howard C
3. (28) Al Jefferson PF,C
4. (45) Kevin Martin SG
5. (52) Mike Miller SG,SF
6. (69) Andris Biedrins C
7. (76) Raymond Felton PG,SG
8. (93) Rudy Gay SG,SF
9. (100) Brad Miller C
10. (117) Kyle Korver SF
11. (124) Devin Harris PG
12. (141) Al Horford PF,C
13. (148) Luke Ridnour PG
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 07:32 PM   #2
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Default Re: Does my team have a chance for a championship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
12 team/h2h/9 cat League.
I know I've been posting a lot, but I have the day off and I'm so excited for the season to begin. I was 6th place last year. This is my 2nd year and I've done some research from a variety of places and I hoped it paid off. Did it? Any suggestions for my team? I tried trading Rudy Gay for Bargs, but it was rejected. Thought that could help my FT% with hurting my team. I also tried trading Al Horford+D Harris for Monta Ellis (to a team with only one center), that also was rejected. I really have been sold on the idea Dwight Howard will improve his FT% and TO's...But, I've been having second thoughts when I read other people's thoughts of the matter. Some people have commented saying trade Biedrins for Ellis straight up and he might bite. I love Monta Ellis, but I am concerned about all the GS Talent off the bench. Biedrins starting strengthens his value. I've also toyed with the idea of trading Dwight Howard for Gerald Wallace. Someone also suggested trading Brad Miller and someone else for Andre Miller.
Would any of these ideas help my team? I'm hoping to take Rebs, Blocks, and FG% most weeks. (But that's only 3/9). I also feel I will be competitive with threes and points (that would be 5/9). Thanks in advance...Leave a link if you need any help.

1. (4) Gilbert Arenas PG
2. (21) Dwight Howard C
3. (28) Al Jefferson PF,C
4. (45) Kevin Martin SG
5. (52) Mike Miller SG,SF
6. (69) Andris Biedrins C
7. (76) Raymond Felton PG,SG
8. (93) Rudy Gay SG,SF
9. (100) Brad Miller C
10. (117) Kyle Korver SF

Come on guys...
Old 10-30-2007, 04:34 PM   #3
BigAl
High School JV MVP

I think this team looks strong. In my opinion though you need another strong PG.

Your going to get a ton of 3's from Miller, Arenas, and Felton.

I would trade Kevin Martin for a PG that gets steals/3's/assists and then plug Felton in at SG. Maybe Kirk Hinrich?

Martin and Hinrich are virtually identical in 3's and steals (although Hinrich has a slight edge) but Hinrich gets the huge nod in assists.

Last edited by BigAl : 10-30-2007 at 04:36 PM.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 04:52 PM   #4
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

Dwight Howard will improve his ft% but very slightly into the mid 60's, which is still a killer because of his attempts. His TO's will not change. Trade him. Al Jeffs sub 70% ft is hurting you as well.

Your team is automatically quiting in two cats(tos,ft). FG% and FT% can vary every week. You are automatically putting your self in a 3-4 hole.

You can win a championship....IF you qualify for the playoffs....then by the grace of basketball gods....Howards and Al Jeff shoot 75%+ free throws for 3 weeks straight. Not likely but possible.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 05:41 PM   #5
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl
I think this team looks strong. In my opinion though you need another strong PG.

Your going to get a ton of 3's from Miller, Arenas, and Felton.

I would trade Kevin Martin for a PG that gets steals/3's/assists and then plug Felton in at SG. Maybe Kirk Hinrich?

Martin and Hinrich are virtually identical in 3's and steals (although Hinrich has a slight edge) but Hinrich gets the huge nod in assists.

Good call about the Hinrich and KMart trade. What does everyone else think? I need some extra agreements to go ahead and make the trade offer.. Any one?

I'm also in the talks for trading Dwight Howard for Camby. Not sure if he's going to take it, but should I even hesistate if he does?

Last edited by Pouch26 : 10-30-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #6
LakersFO
High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
Good call about the Hinrich and KMart trade. What does everyone else think? I need some extra agreements to go ahead and make the trade offer.. Any one?

I'm also in the talks for trading Dwight Howard for Camby. Not sure if he's going to take it, but should I even hesistate if he does?

If you are looking solely for assists the Hinrich trade makes sense. But technically with Bibby's injury Martins value bumps up and Martins 7ft attempts to hinrichs 3-4 also should be considered. Hinrich doesn't positively impact your team FT% as much as you might think switching between players. But I do like the trade for you.

Camby averaged 66 games over 4 seasons. With your depth at Center I would make the trade. I personally avoided Howard and drafted Camby in my auction league getting him for half the price.
LakersFO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:14 PM   #7
trig
Decent college freshman

Try moving some of the following for a pf and a pg. Not a big fan of Ridnour and Devin. Getting a sf-pf might help give you some roster flexiblity. Try trading Korver to a team that needs 3 since you're already solid on that stat w/ zero, martin, felton and miller.

8. (93) Rudy Gay SG,SF
9. (100) Brad Miller C
10. (117) Kyle Korver SF

Can you give us the list of top free agents? maybe there are some gems in there
trig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:43 PM   #8
BigAl
High School JV MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersFO
If you are looking solely for assists the Hinrich trade makes sense. But technically with Bibby's injury Martins value bumps up and Martins 7ft attempts to hinrichs 3-4 also should be considered. Hinrich doesn't positively impact your team FT% as much as you might think switching between players. But I do like the trade for you.

Camby averaged 66 games over 4 seasons. With your depth at Center I would make the trade. I personally avoided Howard and drafted Camby in my auction league getting him for half the price.

This is a good point. Kevin Martin's value may rise with the absence of Bibby for several weeks. In fact this should be your selling point to the Hinrich owner. If the Hinrich owner also owns Bibby then that also plays into your advantage because it will be a great quasi-handcuff fit.

Keep this in mind though. Here in 6 weeks when Bibby is back on the court, you will be glad you have Hinrich instead of Martin I think. 7 attempts vs. 4 attempts at the FT line is not a huge disparity. 6.3 assists to 2.2 is.

Again, just my opinion based on how I build my teams.
BigAl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 11:56 PM   #9
bigkingsfan
Gif-ted

Martin fg% will take a hit without a Bibby, he has never been a go to guy.
bigkingsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: