Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Brooklyn Nets Forum

Brooklyn Nets Forum Brooklyn Nets message board - Brooklyn Nets forum

Old 04-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #16
bokes15
Playoffs!

Default Re: Should the Nets try to get Kenyon Martin back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Nets would have probably beaten Miami had Carter not made critical errors in the final few moments in Games 3 and 4.

and did you see Game 5? Carter and RJ both exploded for 33 points a piece. no one could stop them. but a D-Whistle noncall sealed the game.
yup, i remember game 5. I was actually going for the Nets in that game and was disappointed when they lost. Is the play your referring to the inbounds pass when D-Wade tripped up Carter and then took the inbounds pass and threw the ball in the air? Yup, if that's the one i still remember. But as for the statement that Cliff would've sealed the series for you guys, not true.
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #17
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecSpecs110
Well, it's a logical assumption considering both of our losses at home and game 5 were really close, and when Cliff played with us during the first game, Shaq was off. So, not only his defense on Shaq, but his ability to stretch the defense would have given us that must needed advantage. Instead of playing 4 on 5 on offense with Collins the entire time.

It's not an overrating of his ability. He was that productive last year. This year is not reminescent of last year in any way. This year, he took a nosedive. You're just not aware of it.

I said probably, not surely.

All you're games were close until the 4th quarter, even the year before. The Heat just had the better coach and superior late game execution/shot making. And Shaq was off for a lot of the playoffs, even in the first round against the bulls, not necessarily just because of Cliff's defense. Collins did a good job on Shaq from what I remember...
Old 04-26-2007, 09:20 PM   #18
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Once again, I said it would probably happen, not that we would automatically seal it.

Collins does a good job on Shaq, I'll give him that. But having an extra experienced defensive body on him wouldn't hurt us, would it? And Collins' inept offensive skills really hurt us in that series.
RecSpecs110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:23 PM   #19
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
Once again, I said it would probably happen, not that we would automatically seal it.
Probably i'd say means that there would have been a 75% chance or above and I disagree with that.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:31 PM   #20
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

If you had seen Cliff throughout the season and in the playoffs last year, I think you'd agree with me, but whatever, let's agree to disagree and call it off.
Old 04-26-2007, 09:38 PM   #21
bokes15
Playoffs!

Quote:
If you had seen Cliff throughout the season and in the playoffs last year, I think you'd agree with me, but whatever, let's agree to disagree and call it off.
Actually, i've followed the Nets ever since Carter got traded there. No, I haven't seen every game but I have seen a lot of Nets games, especially last season. Cliff was playing well, but not well enough that i'd say they'd probably take the series if he had played. Probably means that it's what would most likely had happened. As VCDAPTW pointed out, it was more about late game execution. The Nets had a chance in most of those games w/o Cliff.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:15 PM   #22
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

As far as Kenyon, I'd be surprised if he keeps up with his stats from 2 seasons ago. It's simply disappointing to see yet another young player become disenchanted with injuries.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:38 PM   #23
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

honestly, all Cliffy would have done is probably make the game go to 6

an ankle sprain on RJ and Carter making critical turnovers iced the series.

Pat Riley even admitted the Nets series was that damn close and a single play separated the teams from victories in games 3-5
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:46 PM   #24
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

All I was saying is that Cliff could have been the difference between a win and a loss in those close games.

A player does not have to score a lot points or get big numbers to be productive. His presence would also have eased a little pressure on the Big Three. He was the only guy other than the Big Three and Nenad who could even make a shot. Lamond Murray was awful, Wright didn't play much, Vaughn was not there for his shot, Scott Padgett was invisible, and Boki was nothing last year compared to this year.

In other words, our bench was paper thin last year, especially on offense. That made Cliff's absence even more devastating.

Last edited by RecSpecs110 : 04-26-2007 at 10:49 PM.
Old 04-26-2007, 10:49 PM   #25
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

Nachbar did not get burn last season except in garbage time.

and Krstic was invisible during last year's series. remember in GAme 3 when he bricked shot after shot until he finally made a one handed dunk?
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 10:53 PM   #26
RecSpecs110
Prokhorov = Badass

Whoops, did I say Nenad? I just had a mental block. Now I remember that he had a terrible series against Miami last year. It was 2 years ago where he shined, nevermind.
Old 04-26-2007, 11:54 PM   #27
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

the real K-mart (Kevin Martin's gotta find his own nickname)

always brought emotion

Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 02:27 AM   #28
RichMo
OL' Schoolin 'em

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
okay so in reality this is a terrible deal. Nets do not hve much to package for him and he just came off of double microfracture.

but if he can prove he still plays hard nosed defense and get dunk a few times, and he could somehow come cheap, would you take him?
Under those cicumstances OH HELL YES! But we do not know if he will come cheap or if he still can play hard nose defense.

I'd bet he comes back at 90%. Don't forget these things:

1.) K-Mart is a beast. He is an angry basketball animal, He can come back from this. He is not that old! He is a warrior. Has everyone forgotten he came back from a broken leg? And came back strong. All Star strong.

2.) For everyone saying he is no good anymore... He has not lost his talent. He just lost the perfect team for his game. THE NETS. This guy goes hand in hand with J-Kidd. They are made for each other. If Kenyon went to a team like Pheonix instead of Denver and did not get injured he would be going off! The guy needs to be with a run gun, wild , let it all out style team.

A part of the Nets identity left with Kenyon. I'd take him back in a minute. I beleive in K-Mart.
RichMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 10:11 PM   #29
Kiddlovesnets
NBA Superstar

I really want him back, for there's only one result------Nets be the champion at least in the eastern conference
Kiddlovesnets is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: